Anniversary/ Date Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary/ Date Night

Okay I need some help. My beautiful wife and I are gonna be celebrating our 11 yr anniversary this month, and last night while I was out at the rig she texted, "I want you to take me dancing". Needless to say with four kids, and a busy oilfield schedule, we ain't been out in a while. Where in the Houston area can I take her, that could be likened to Buck Owen's Crystal Palace in Bakersfield?? If yall dont know it or never been, the atmosphere is classic country with family friendly music and dancing. Plus they make one if the best Chk Fried Steaks you'll ever eat. (And I've eaten plenty of em!) Haha! Any lead is a good lead. What yall got?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Plenty of country bars, but nothing like that comes to mind in Houston.

Comment

Yeah I can't think of any that don't start playing rap music at 9PM. I'd be in for some recommendations as well. Did a quick google to try and help out … Stay away from NEON BOOTS! Lol

Happy Anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
        Okay I need some help. My beautiful wife and I are gonna be celebrating our 11 yr anniversary this month, and last night while I was out at the rig she texted, "I want you to take me dancing". Needless to say with four kids, and a busy oilfield schedule, we ain't been out in a while. Where in the Houston area can I take her, that could be likened to Buck Owen's Crystal Palace in Bakersfield?? If yall dont know it or never been, the atmosphere is classic country with family friendly music and dancing. Plus they make one if the best Chk Fried Steaks you'll ever eat. (And I've eaten plenty of em!) Haha! Any lead is a good lead. What yall got?

No help but used to live in Bakersfield and the Crystal Palace was a great place. Used to see Buck and Dwight play there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know right! That place was so unique. I'd love to find somewhere with that kind of charm and history. Thanks!
          Originally posted by hgiles View Post
          No help but used to live in Bakersfield and the Crystal Palace was a great place. Used to see Buck and Dwight play there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Yeah I can't think of any that don't start playing rap music at 9PM. I'd be in for some recommendations as well. Did a quick google to try and help out … Stay away from NEON BOOTS! Lol

Happy Anniversary
            Lol! That's hilarious. I googled it outta curiosity. Man, I found out quick I ain't that curious!! Hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
              Lol! That's hilarious. I googled it outta curiosity. Man, I found out quick I ain't that curious!! Hahaha!

"Curious?" … Interesting word choice

Comment

You may be out of luck in Houston! There is a little country bar out here by my house that could be what you are looking for depending on the band that is playing when you go. It's called the Kenney Store. Great food and atmosphere and well worth the drive!

Comment

What about thearmadillopalace.com? Anyone been down there?

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                    You may be out of luck in Houston! There is a little country bar out here by my house that could be what you are looking for depending on the band that is playing when you go. It's called the Kenney Store. Great food and atmosphere and well worth the drive!
                    Thanks! Looks like a good spot! Next time we head out that way we will check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                      "Curious?" … Interesting word choice
                      Hahaha you got my joke, I was being "tongue in cheek" lmao

Comment

Old Tin Hall is gone I think that was the last of that breed around here. Take a day go to Gruene Hall?

Comment

Is Gilley's still open?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            Is Gilley's still open?
                            I looked it up, apparently an arson fire gutted out the original location in Pasadena in 1990. Gilleys reopened in Cedars, Dallas in 2006. Complete with El Toro, the mechanical bull featured in the movie Urban Cowboy. Next time we go up to Dallas we are gonna check that out! Thanks sendit

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                              Old Tin Hall is gone I think that was the last of that breed around here. Take a day go to Gruene Hall?
                              Looked up the Tin Hall, looks like they closed in 2015 or so, and planned on moving to Cypress. After ownership got transferred back to the original owners they decided to open it as a restaurant after the move was complete. Cant tell what stage they're in currently.

Comment

Working...
                              X