Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texoma or Super Combo license to fish Texoma???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texoma or Super Combo license to fish Texoma???

How old does a person have to be to need a license and which license to fish Texoma?
    Does the Super Combo cover all of Texoma, from a boat? Or is the $12 Texoma license needed?
    We'll definitely be across the "channel/river".
    Last edited by 12ring; 07-13-2018, 03:55 PM. Reason: apostrophe

not sure on the age.

the super combo does NOT cover Texoma (even if only fishing on the texas side).

Comment

16 and under does not require a fishing license in Texas. You have to start buying at age 17.

Comment

Just go online and buy it if over 16. You have to have it. That's how we did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          not sure on the age.

the super combo does NOT cover Texoma (even if only fishing on the texas side).
          Explain why a super combo....which has fishing license....does not cover a person fishing in TEXAS waters??

Comment

You'll need a special Texoma fishing license since it borders 2 states.

Comment

In Texas people 17 and older must buy a fishing license to fish, not sure about OK. Super combo does not cover Texoma.

Comment

You will need to get a Texoma fishing license. If fishing the lake at all I would go ahead and get it

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                  How old does a person have to be to need a license and which license to fish Texoma?
                  Does the Super Combo cover all of Texoma, from a boat? Or is the $12 Texoma license needed?
                  You have to have the Texoma license

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Explain why a super combo....which has fishing license....does not cover a person fishing in TEXAS waters??

It does if you don't cross the river![emoji106]

Cheap piece of mind. Get a Texoma license. We fished there a couple years ago and were on the Texas side but getting there we probably crossed the river so we got it just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      You have to have the Texoma license

Only way to get around Texoma license is to have a lifetime from both states

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                        Dang, I figure you have fished Texoma a time or 2 Te last time I check Texas fishing license will work as long as your on the Texas side, just not on the OK side. But I don't guess I have ever been checked on Texoma.

Comment

The super combo will cover fishing on the Texas side of the river channel through the lake. Since most of the lake is north of the river channel I would get the Texoma license just to be safe while fishing from a boat.

Comment

It's $12 and if you're chasing stripers you'll be crossing the channel at some point. I fish the Big Mineral arm mostly so super combo works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                              It's $12 and if you're chasing stripers you'll be crossing the channel at some point. I fish the Big Mineral arm mostly so super combo works for me.
                              Exactly!! If you are in Texas waters a super combo will work. If you cross the river channel you will need a Texoma or OK license. Don’t get where all these people think you have to have a Texoma license to fish in TX waters !!

Comment

Working...
                              X