Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are bass fishermen going in such a hurry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never worried about the speed of the other boats on the lake; it was the stupid, careless, and selfish navigation skills and the complete lack of common courtesy that ****** me off!

cricman

Comment

[ATTACH]911804[/ATTACH]

With that being said, I never have put other boaters lives at risk/danger when running over 70mph

Comment

Tournament hours are set. You have @8 hours of fishing time, the more time your are driving the boat the less time you are fishing. You waste 15-20 min during the day driving around and that’s a bunch of casts trying to catch fish.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinAndy View Post
          When I got to fish with my grandfather on Livingston he would say “I bet they catch a lot of fish with that rooster tail”.
          Nice, sounds like something my grandad would say

Comment

Glad to hear that bass fishermen are putting my family’s life at risk, so they can catch more fish. How can you see a swimmer or fallen skier when doing 70mph?

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
              Glad to hear that bass fishermen are putting my family’s life at risk, so they can catch more fish. How can you see a swimmer or fallen skier when doing 70mph?

Well...in regards to the swimmer most people either swim around the shore or stay close to the boat either way they shouldn’t be in harms way. It’s also your responsibility to ensure you are visible to passing boaters and that you aren’t swimming in a boat lane or somewhere that has high traffic. Bottom line is everyone has a responsibility not just they guys in bass boats. I’d be betting you that the number of skiers or swimmers that get hit by bass fisherman is very very very small compared to the guy with a 25’ cruiser or ski boat that has either too many people on board or enjoys their alcohol while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, I'm a Bass fisherman, and i have a BB that will run mid 70's, and yes i drive it this fast when i need to and conditions allow, and i can do it safely. the comment made by the OP was also people Buzzing Their boat, I have no time for this and I'm sure most other boaters would agree as this is dangerous behavior. But this works both ways, i have been almost run over several times while sitting on an offshore spot fishing, pleasure boaters want to Buzz fishermen for some reason. I think everyone one on the water needs to be courteous to one another and respect distances.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Well...in regards to the swimmer most people either swim around the shore or stay close to the boat either way they shouldn’t be in harms way. It’s also your responsibility to ensure you are visible to passing boaters and that you aren’t swimming in a boat lane or somewhere that has high traffic. Bottom line is everyone has a responsibility not just they guys in bass boats. I’d be betting you that the number of skiers or swimmers that get hit by bass fisherman is very very very small compared to the guy with a 25’ cruiser or ski boat that has either too many people on board or enjoys their alcohol while driving.

Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
                    Guys, I'm a Bass fisherman, and i have a BB that will run mid 70's, and yes i drive it this fast when i need to and conditions allow, and i can do it safely. the comment made by the OP was also people Buzzing Their boat, I have no time for this and I'm sure most other boaters would agree as this is dangerous behavior. But this works both ways, i have been almost run over several times while sitting on an offshore spot fishing, pleasure boaters want to Buzz fishermen for some reason. I think everyone one on the water needs to be courteous to one another and respect distances.

Agree 100%

My grandpa would have whipped my butt if I would have drove his boat anywhere close to another boat. I was always taught to swing as wide as possible. It’s amazing how many people do lack that etiquette regardless of fisherman or pleasure boaters.

Comment

I work 6 days a week. 95% of my fishing is done after 6pm in the evening. I run 80 to conserve time.

I don't get near the people swimming because frankly, I don't trust their boat driving skills.

Comment

They can run as fast as they want in open water as far as I'm concerned. I just wish they knew what "No Wake" meant around the marinas.......

Comment

Same in the bays...

Comment

I'm there to fish, not take a slow, relaxing boat ride...

Comment

Lake Placid was mentioned by one of the early posters--it is a long and skinny lake---barely enough room for 2-way boat traffic, much less with wake boarders, slalom skiers, fishermen, jet skis, and swimmers. No speed limit on the lake and no common sense either. I wish they would make it fishing on even dates and skiing, etc on odd dates to cut down traffic some.

Comment

Heck, my last bass fishing trip the go fast boats even buzzed me with a trolling motor. This ole boy was intrigued by the fact junior and I was wearing them ditch pickles OUT!

All out of my sub 50 mph center console[emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                                X