Walk in Cooler Deer Hanging Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk in Cooler Deer Hanging Ideas

Right now we have eye lag bolts screwed into the ceiling joists. They work, but its a struggle to hang bucks. Trickyolegus shot a axis buck earlier this summer and we struggled to hang him up with a hook and gambrel that is in the 8' ceiling. Looked like a crime scene when we finally got him up there. Take in mind this was a buck with just the guts removed. Skinned and gutted bucks are not as bad, but still want to work smarter not harder.

I was thinking about mounting a boat winch with pulley system to winch them up to each eye bolt. Problem is where to mount the winch. Just wanted to see if any of y'all had a better idea.

This the cooler room. 8x6x8

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410903823.161195.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24330158

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410903900.918041.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24330160

Comment

I've gone over 450lbs with the $60 Dutton Lainson brake winch from Northern Tool, without double lining.

If you mounted one of those winches to the wall, and screwed in another eye lag screw next to all of the existing ones, then you could hook a pulley/snatch block in one eye lag screw for the winch cable....and winch the animal up with the gambrel. Just have another hook on your gambrels to hook into the other eye lag screw and you should be able to winch up the critter, hook him to an eye bolt and let off your winch and move it's pulley to a different spot.

Does that make any **** sense at all???

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I've gone over 450lbs with the $60 Dutton Lainson brake winch from Northern Tool, without double lining.

If you mounted one of those winches to the wall, and screwed in another eye lag screw next to all of the existing ones, then you could hook a pulley/snatch block in one eye lag screw for the winch cable....and winch the animal up with the gambrel. Just have another hook on your gambrels to hook into the other eye lag screw and you should be able to winch up the critter, hook him to an eye bolt and let off your winch and move it's pulley to a different spot.

Does that make any **** sense at all???
        That was my original thought, but mounting it on the wall with enough clearance to crank it is making me think I should come up with a better way.

Comment

Get an electric which. No clearance needed.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
            Get an electric which. No clearance needed.
            I would if they made a compact one. We have 2 for skinning, but I want to stay with something simple like a hand crank or winch that you can operate with a drill.

Comment

3" pipe mounted on either side of the door to the back wall then use hooks to hang to the pipe. Then it is easy to hang with two people and slide down the pipe when more animals come in.

Name:	Cooler Rack.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	24330162

Comment

Stolle, we used a small 110V Winch at a place we hunt, but it isn't as compact as I'd told you on the phone.

Two options I've thought of should work though. First is a worm gear winch.
                Amazing deals on this 1Ton Hand Winch at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Could mount it to the wall without the clearance needed and operate it via hand or drill.

Second option is a corded pull all.

Mount an eye-bolt in the floor and then just hoist each deer up. Little more expensive than the hand option, but could use it for other things and wouldn't have to stay in there all the time.

Comment

What about electric boat anchor winch ? I have no clue what their Max load is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
                    Stolle, we used a small 110V Winch at a place we hunt, but it isn't as compact as I'd told you on the phone.

Two options I've thought of should work though. First is a worm gear winch.
                    Amazing deals on this 1Ton Hand Winch at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Could mount it to the wall without the clearance needed and operate it via hand or drill.

Second option is a corded pull all.

Mount an eye-bolt in the floor and then just hoist each deer up. Little more expensive than the hand option, but could use it for other things and wouldn't have to stay in there all the time.
                    I like the second one! I could weld the nuts to it and use a nut driver on a cordless drill to operate it.

Comment

Electric winch - mount to studs with lag bolts or drill through wall and anchor with bolts.

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                        I like the second one! I could weld the nuts to it and use a nut driver on a cordless drill to operate it.
                        You gotta problem...yo we'll solve it. Lift up the meat while the worm gear revolves it.

Comment

I've used setups like this with great results.

Hook this to the eye bolt.

Cheap and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                            3" pipe mounted on either side of the door to the back wall then use hooks to hang to the pipe. Then it is easy to hang with two people and slide down the pipe when more animals come in.

[ATTACH]652066[/ATTACH]
                            X2

Comment

Stolle did yall go with the coolbot unit on the walk in? If you did how is that working out for you and how cold can you get it? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X