Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welders

Hey Guy's and Gal's,

Anyone here sell welders or know the best place in the Houston/Galveston area to get them.

There are 2 I'm currently looking at and considering. This will be for work around the house and deer lease mainly welding mild steel. Look at these cause both can run off 120v or 240v. Would run 240 at the shop and probably 120 at the lease.

The 2 I'm cinsidering are the Lincoln Power Mig 210 MP or the Miller Multimatic 215. Both are multiprocess welders capable of Mig/Stick/TiG.

Please feel free to give your experiences with either machine.

Thank you,
    Andrew

I have the Multimatic 215 and it has been a great machine, I’m a welder by trade so I’ve run a bunch of different machines and this one for what it is works great, easy to use also.

Comment

buy a cheap inverter welder that is 110/220 that is easy to carry around. For they price they are hard to beat.

Comment

This ones been great to me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdybass View Post
          I have the Multimatic 215 and it has been a great machine, I’m a welder by trade so I’ve run a bunch of different machines and this one for what it is works great, easy to use also.
          This is the machine I'm leaning towards due to it being already setup for TiG having the seperate gas port AND the pedal connector already installed. I don't see myself doing TiG anytime soon cause I'm still working on learning fluxcore and mig welding. I'm a complete novice but it would be nice not to have to add a port on the Lincoln to TiG with a pedal.

Also the amperage is higher on the Miller but don't think I'll EVER been around max amperage welding.

Comment

I’ve liked Miller welders personally.

Comment

Miller multimatic hands down. I have 6 or 7 different welders and it is by far my favorite. It’s so versitle you can use it on 110v in a lot of places. Or plug it in where you have 220 and weld just as much as most single process machines. I use mine for tig and stick a-lot. Mine gets used a lot just because it is so portable.

Comment

Everyone I run into that want to learn or is a DIY guy that just piddles I tell them without a doubt it’s the best option. Get you a 75/25 mix bottle to run with the mig. It will weld much prettier than flux core.

Comment

Working...
                X