Insurance for vehicle in tow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance for vehicle in tow?

My buddy was pulling his Jeep on a tow bar behind his F250 and the whole deal flipped a few times and of course both vehicles are totaled. His Jeep has liability coverage and he had full coverage on his truck.

Is he out of luck on the Jeep or will his truck insurance cover it since it was in tow?

Usually only liability coverage extends to vehicle being towed. In this case I think your buddy is out of luck....

Comment

I am not judging, but man he had to be hauling to roll both vehicles. I hope he is ok.

I was with a friend once towing a Bobcat. The trailer brakes went out and the trailer started pushing the truck, then the trailer started fish tailing badly then the trailer flipped. But the truck did not. We were doing about 50 at the time. It was a scary deal, I thought for sure we were going over with it. This was in PA though so any insurance advice I offer won't be applicable.

Comment

I have not a clue but I bet its not in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
          Usually only liability coverage extends to vehicle being towed. In this case I think your buddy is out of luck....
          Spot on. No insurance for the Jeep.

Comment

NO coverage on the Jeep. Hope he is ok.

Comment

Working...
            X