X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bad dealings yet for me

Hopefully it stays that way

Comment

Dumb question on my part maybe, but do the people that had trouble with taxidermist didn’t you get referrals from folks you trust?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        The other thread got me to thinking about my experience. I will start. In 2013 I dropped off 2 ducks to Bird Works in Ft Worth. I paid 1/2 on each and left. This was the third time to use him. That was the last time I saw them. That dude had a ton of excuses. I never got my money or my birds back. I called a few times but when he would answer the phone it was just one crazy story after the next.
        Same here but I finally went to his house and got my completed turkey.

He was a complete psychopath, but I knew where he lived

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          Same here but I finally went to his house and got my completed turkey.

He was a complete psychopath, but I knew where he lived
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            Higher ground taxidermy out of alto tx Jake Carter. He screwed many people and just dropped his business off on a great guy that did a lot of the work for free. Supposedly he skipped town and went to San Antonio, if any of you come into contact with him, there's a lot of east texas boys that would love to get a hold of him. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            He got me too. He's a POS. And he works for Safari Studios in San Angelo now. I will say that the guy he dumped everybody's mounts on is a great guy and did an awesome job on my mount.

Comment

Oh and another thing about Jake, unless things have changed he was on some sort of state taxidermy board or something. I don't see how but he was.

Comment

Higher ground taxidermy out of alto tx Jake Carter. He screwed many people and just dropped his business off on a great guy that did a lot of the work for free. Supposedly he skipped town and went to San Antonio, if any of you come into contact with him, there's a lot of east texas boys that would love to get a hold of him. Lol

I’m thinking this is the same guy who is working at Safari Studios in San Angelo now. Not the only questionable taxidermist Safari Studios has taken in. They have great talent just suck at business bad so I guess Safari Studios takes care of that part for them.

The owner is as good as they get he’s just had some guys who’ve burned lots of people with their own businesses in the past

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  I’m thinking this is the same guy who is working at Safari Studios in San Angelo now. Not the only questionable taxidermist Safari Studios has taken in. They have great talent just suck at business bad so I guess Safari Studios takes care of that part for them.

The owner is as good as they get he’s just had some guys who’ve burned lots of people with their own businesses in the past
                  That's him. As far as I'm concerned if they take in shady taxidermists they're shady too. If I killed a 200'' deer I'd saw the horns off and hang em on the barn before I dealt with them!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                    That's him. As far as I'm concerned if they take in shady taxidermists they're shady too. If I killed a 200'' deer I'd saw the horns off and hang em on the barn before I dealt with them!!
                    Nah Jimmy is a great guy and runs a hell of a business. He did way before those yahoos came in he’s just got too much work to do alone

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

To be fair, I did get my mount from him. But he got a buddy of mine that paid him in full up front. Jake does great work but a total pos.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                        I think I know who your talking about. He’s a good guy and is always swamped, you’ll get your cat back. He did a Muley for me and it took awhile to get it back but it was worth the wait.
                        The guy isn't nice to keep taking work and putting off what he already has. Just plain bad business.

Comment

I've got a taxidermist in Corpus that has some birds that I paid in full for....... this thread reminds me that I need to go back and ask for my refund..... Trust me ya'll and every other website will hear about it if it doesn't go well

Comment

Took a pheasant to a guy 30 years ago. I believe his name was John Puckett.
                            He claimed game wardens took all his animals because he had a owl a customer brought him in one of his freezers.

Comment

To be fair, I did get my mount from him. But he got a buddy of mine that paid him in full up front. Jake does great work but a total pos.

He didn't cost me any money either. But, I killed a 120ish 8 point that was in full velvet at First Point. He told me he'd preserve the velvet, mount it like that, and I paid the deposit. When he left he dropped it off with James Mangham and never told me. The velvet was dried and shriveled, and he lost the cape.

James was able to get me another cape, polished the horns up and stained them to look natural, and honored my deposit so I was super appreciative of that. James is a good dude and will get all my business from now on. And you can text him or message him on FB and he gets back with you right away. I can't say enough good things about him.

But yeah Jake burned a bunch of folks. My understanding is he took some African animals and exotics with him that to this day the owners haven't seen again. Also he lost the capes to a couple giant elk. I tried to contact him several times and he wouldn't talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                                He didn't cost me any money either. But, I killed a 120ish 8 point that was in full velvet at First Point. He told me he'd preserve the velvet, mount it like that, and I paid the deposit. When he left he dropped it off with James Mangham and never told me. The velvet was dried and shriveled, and he lost the cape.

James was able to get me another cape, polished the horns up and stained them to look natural, and honored my deposit so I was super appreciative of that. James is a good dude and will get all my business from now on. And you can text him or message him on FB and he gets back with you right away. I can't say enough good things about him.

But yeah Jake burned a bunch of folks. My understanding is he took some African animals and exotics with him that to this day the owners haven't seen again. Also he lost the capes to a couple giant elk. I tried to contact him several times and he wouldn't talk to me.
                                I legitimately showed up at his house 3 times before he finally got mine done. It's beautiful none the less but man I thought I was never going to see it again. But yes, I'll be taking mine to James from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X