No announcement yet.

Homemade steel load-bearing UTV tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No drip since it doesn’t rain in west Texas! Honestly, it would drip if your driving in the rain, but a drip edge would help that. Do you have a regular Mule or a FXT? I have the drawings for getting metal broke for a regular Mule quad seater if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
      No drip since it doesn’t rain in west Texas! Honestly, it would drip if your driving in the rain, but a drip edge would help that. Do you have a regular Mule or a FXT? I have the drawings for getting metal broke for a regular Mule quad seater if it helps.

I have the metal getting broke right now....should be ready to pick it up tomorrow. I plan to weld it up Thurs if all goes well.
      Mule 4010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one built out of aluminum for my Ranger EV. I driiled through the roll cage and bolted it with 1/4" bolts if I recall correctly. One thing that I wish I would have done was had an extra lip or break done on the front leading edge. The water runs forward and drips down on your hands or lap. No drips fall off the sides ever.

T

Comment

Homemade steel load-bearing UTV tops

Yep... the piece I have at the metal shop now has a 45 degree on the front and a 1” lip on the bottom of that so the water runs down and off each side instead of hitting the hood and bouncing onto me or passengers. Just debating if I should do a side lip as well or just leave it flat. Will probably angle the roof just a bit to run forward.
          Last edited by TXBRASS; 03-13-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Might be to late for this since you're already getting the metal broke but if you can have the front extend out past the roll cage a good bit.

This really helps to keep the sun out of your eyes.

I believe mine extends out 8" but my original plans were to extend out 12"

I had to go with 8" because I found a piece of "scrap" at the metal yard that was cheap.

Comment

I’m going past it a few inches. Not too drastic.

Comment

Metal shop called and said the piece is ready. Think I’m gonna take a half day of vacay tomorrow and get it knocked out. I’ll make a separate post for the build.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                    Here’s a few I’ve done. I can take better pics of the mounting if needed. All built out of 14 gauge steel.

CWKATTNER,

Did you just drill a hole thru the roof for the light bar wiring? If so, did you use any type of rubber grommet?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                      CWKATTNER,

Did you just drill a hole thru the roof for the light bar wiring? If so, did you use any type of rubber grommet?
                      Drilled a hole and used black silicone.

Comment

Comment

Comment

[ATTACH]901836[/ATTACH]

Comment

Slayer, do you have drawings for you roof. I need one for my rhino

Comment

Here's mine. Made top and fold down wind shield

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X