Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sklenariks in Miles for San Angelo area hunters is probably the best

Comment

I've posted this before... but it's worth getting the word out. Triple H Processing, Archer City.

I walked into Triple H Processing in Archer City last year (2014) to pick up meat from a deer my son shot (hunting with someone else, definitely not my choice of processor) and saw this pile of hogs & deer on the floor of an non-climate controlled room:

All the meat was terrible and thrown out after we tried to cook it the first time.

I'm shocked there's no licensing or inspection of these places.
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Smitty's (formerly SilverSeal) - same great recipes... minus grumpy old woman.
        Off Mahaffey Rd in Tomball
        Only place I take my processing.
        i also now use Smittys (used Hilldebrant for years) last year I did take 3 to Smittys and 1 to hilldebrant (they do boudain) and will follow that same program this year

Comment

LDR processing off of 290 between Harper and Fredericksburg. Great guy and great service.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
            I've posted this before... but it's worth getting the word out.

Triple H processing in Archer City. Pic says it all. Non-air conditioned room.

Holy smokes

Comment

Go see Gary and the boys at Rhodes Bros Taxidermy and game processing if you are in the Kerrville/Harper/Ingram area. They have a 24hr drop off and accessible cooler. I have used many butchers in my life for many different types of critters. These guys have done the best cuts and packaging I have ever seen. Plus the prices are right

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                Great thread, thanks. Might I make a suggestion? Post up only YOUR personal experience. Sometimes people pile on places because they heard from someone else. I started doing mine again the last couple years, before then I always had good luck with Jacksons in Crosby and they were very reasonable.
                Yes, good idea. Places do change from year to year. Sometimes they are forced to improve or else go out of business.

Devin, why didn't they hang those deer up and get them off the floor at least? That's just nasty. Hard to imagine you'll get your own deer back from there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
                  Hamilton's in Weatherford, TX - personally I will never use this place again.

I am going to give Dan's Smokehouse a try this year. I've heard good reviews.
                  I'm going to try Dan's Smokehouse as well. The last time I used Hamilton's in Weatherford I am positive the ground meat I got back was not from the deer I took in. I am very meticulous about post-shot care of my deer and I swear that meat was from a post rigor-mortis animal - had to throw it all away. I am also going to try Rust Processing between Eastland and Cisco because it is the closest to the lease.
                  Last edited by jerp; 09-26-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Cherokee Deer Processing in Maydelle, TX
                    Very good and timely!
                    COUNTY Rd 2124, Rusk, TX 75785
                    (903) 795-3663

Comment

Originally posted by jwstrother View Post
                      I have been using Hamilton Quality Meats in Hamilton for the past 8 years and never had any issue. I have called a few times late Saturday to see if they could stay open past closing time so i could drop off my deer on the way home. They have every time.
                      Where is this place located? Is it also on 281?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Smitty's (formerly SilverSeal) - same great recipes... minus grumpy old woman.
                        Off Mahaffey Rd in Tomball
                        Only place I take my processing.
                        I used that place one time and remember thinking this old man and woman have terrible attitudes to be in customer service.-Didn't use them after that .
                        Bellville Meat Market gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                          I've posted this before... but it's worth getting the word out.

Wonder if a GW could have done anything about that. That's flat out horrible

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                            Klein smokehaus in Boerne is who i use.
                            Barrett also owns Hudson's Market in Austin. I get my sausage and summer sausage made at Hudson's and they do the rest in Boerne.

Smokey Denmark in Austin makes great bratwurst, kielbasa, and polish sausage. They will only take your game if it is skinned and quartered.

Comment

Fischer's in Muenster is the ****!

I take my deer all the way from South Texas to North Texas every year

Comment

Originally posted by humper View Post
                                cinnamon creek (formerly syracuse) is my processor. Joe, joey, tracey and the team have always taken care of me.
                                this

Comment

Working...
                                X