Leoncitas Ranch in Tilden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leoncitas Ranch in Tilden

I have viewed the topics on this board for about 5 years ever since I booked my first bow hunt in Texas and read a lot of good and some ????. I am not a big forum poster since my job keeps me so busy but I had to post on this ranch since I feel they have received a raw deal on some of there reviews. I hav hunted at the Leoncitas about 7 times in the last 5 years with great success, I find Scott and Martha his wife to be very friendly and accomodating when it comes to helping out. That being said this is a SELF guided hunt not for the newbie hunter. this ranch was a cakewalk 5 years ago when they first opened but as all ranches go the longer they get hunted the smarter the animals get. They have plenty of game on the ranch and given proper hunting tecniques, good weather and a little luck success can be had.
    a list of some of the animals I have killed there is:
    1. 140 class 8 point whitetail
    2. Corsican,Texas Dall, and Black Hawian rams
    3. Nice Black Buck. Last Dec.
    4. Nice Axis May 08

I have attached a few pics.

I am going back again in mid Dec. looking for that monster Whitetail.
    Attached Files

Awesome animals, do they have a website?

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Comment

i was informed about this place a few months ago but i wasnt sure if it was worth it....
          All i want to know is the success rate?
          ive been to there site and seen some of the nice deer taken and its very cheap. only 150 a day for a trophy buck with no other charges!!!

Comment

I have been down there for the last 5 years in a row. I don't always kill something but alot of that is due to poor shooting . I have seen several bucks that will score above 150 every time I have been down there,they aren't always in range but they are there.
            Last year I screwed up and shot the wrong deer out of a group of 3 bucks that were feeding in the road toward us. Their heads were completely out of sight and they had changed positions when they passed behind a cactus.

Comment

This place is way way overhunted. Had a few good years when it first opened up but the last two i hunted there were terrible experiences. Me, my fatherinlaw and my brotherinlaw killed the first three bucks ever taken on this ranch. It has went downhill fast.

Comment

Working...
              X