Self Bow Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Bow Classes

Anyone have any leads on any Self Bow Classes in the Central texas area? I really need to learn how to make one of these and would like to learn from someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks.

LD

Selfbowman is the best that I know of, you might try a PM to him, super people.

Comment

Arvin weaver (selfbowman) lives down in spice wood. I'm pretty sure he does build a longs from time to time

Comment

I'd be very interested in something like that too! Be awesome to be part of the build!

Comment

If I was looking to learn me how to build a selfbow, I'd be a hunting up Arvin Weaver and trying to wrangle me a deal to hang out and learn something. He goes by the handle of Selfbowman and his wife goes by Deb on TBH

Comment

i have looked in to this as well and all I have found is the class offered by the Earth Native Wilderness School in Bastrop.

http://www.earthnativeschool.com/adu...day-class.html

Comment

brazos valley archery club is about to start up a class..guys name is jason...he can get ya up and runnin...its in bryan texas.

Comment

Not in Central Texas, or Texas for that matter, but each year in Oklahoma they have the OJAM festival where they teach folks how to build their own selfbows. I remember Bountyhunter at one time was trying to start something like that here in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by equin View Post
                  I remember Bountyhunter at one time was trying to start something like that here in Texas.
                  I sure hope that works out.

Comment

Not in Central Texas, or Texas for that matter, but each year in Oklahoma they have the OJAM festival where they teach folks how to build their own selfbows. I remember Bountyhunter at one time was trying to start something like that here in Texas.

And Ojam is right around the corner if you want to make the trip up here for it.

Comment

I forgot about bountyhunter trying to do this in Texas. I wish he would, I would be willing to help.

Comment

Ojam is going on this weekend east of Stillwater OK good people very helpfull they can teach it all in a weekend I built mine there last year

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. Ojam would be the ticket, but that trip just isn't in the cards, at least for this year.

LD

Comment

Bountyhunter has been bitten big time by the fishing bug recently, so I am guessing this has been put on the back burner for now for him.

Comment

New to traditional shooting. What is Ojam?

Comment

Working...
                              X