Wire feed welding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire feed welding question

I have a flux core welder and was welding fine with lincoln electric flux wire and then i replaced it with harvour friefht flux core and while doing so i loosened the twisting mob above where you feed the wite through thinking it had to be loosened to drop the lever and now when i weld the wite feeder starts and stops and makes the welding spotty. Is this the wire or accidentle adjustment on the feed? Its the top left lever of the mechanism
    Attached Files

I'm probably not much help but did u replace with the same diameter wire? Is the tip clean? Maybe the cheaper wire is not as consistent in size as the Lincoln wire?

Comment

Was it same size wire? May need to tighten tension knob.

Comment

Tighten the knob. Make sure your leads are as strait as possible to keep the wire from binding. Tips need to be replaced on occasion.
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

First, make sure you're using a knurled wheel. A smooth wheel doesn't work well with flux. Make sure you have the wheel flipped to the correct side for your size wire.

Second, loosen that tension knob in the pic some. Press the feed and watch it. If it slips at all, tighten it until it stops slipping. Then tighten the tension nut on the spool so that when you stop feeding, it doesn't recoil and ruin the spool, but not too much tighter.

Comment

you loosened the tensioner. Tighten it down a little untill it starts feeding right.

Comment

What mharris1 said. The drive wheel is slipping on the wire because you don't have enough tension on it.

That being said, quit buying HF wire, it sucks.

Comment

blow out liner might have crap in it .try to keep line straight when welding

Comment

Working...
                X