Built a drag harrow, opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built a drag harrow, opinions..

I built this drag harrow from left overs from other projects to help in food plots and grass planting. Almost finished, but starting to 2nd guess my plan. I wanted it to "float" across the ground when dragging and be able to pick it up with the 3 point to transport to other areas,across a creek etc. I mounted my hinge bolts below the center line of the 2" square tube in the front, which is my pull point.My thinking is that will give "up pull" from the tractor when dragging to keep the front of the drag harrow from digging in and kicking up in the back. Opinions?
    Attached Files

Looks like it should work. Nice job.

Comment

One issue with 3pt mounts is that is will rise up as your tractor front goes down unless it free floats.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbhunter1 View Post
        One issue with 3pt mounts is that is will rise up as your tractor front goes down unless it free floats.
        ^^^^^I just drag mine with short chains.

Comment

Originally posted by volsfan969 View Post
          ^^^^^I just drag mine with short chains.
          I could do that, but dont want to drag it everywhere. Want to be able to pick it up with the 3 point and transport it, mainly to get across a small river that runs through our property. If the hinge idea doesnt work out, I will weld up solid and add bracing.

Comment

If you've got a 3pt hay fork you can always weld up some pipe onto the top of your drag for transporting it

Comment

Should work, if not modify to work as you want. That is the good thing about homemade.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by cricketfire46 View Post
                  If you've got a 3pt hay fork you can always weld up some pipe onto the top of your drag for transporting it
                  ^^^ what he said.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks good. Curious to see it in action.

Comment

Working...
                        X