new truck prices??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
    I may be in the market soon as my 2006 with 217,000 miles is nearing the end I think, and I'm getting the itch. Gently used truck prices seem way high, so I'm curious as to what people are actually paying for new ones.

Looking at a 3/4 ton to 1 ton 4x4. Diesel most likely. And loaded. Leather/ navigation/ etc... not sure which manufacturer I want yet so let's see them all.
    PM me if you need help financing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      I'm thinking these new truck prices are so high, I might go back to a 68 -77 model and pay someone rehab it and still be ahead on my money. At least then I'll be able to change my own oil, spark plugs and wires rather than spending $500 to pay the shop to do it.
      Ive always wanted to do that. I would really like to rehab one of the old 12v Dodge Cummins. Maybe even graft it with one of the old military crew cab short beds.

Comment

You have to look in the right place, at the right time. My dad bought his 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4X4 for $47K when the 2013 were rolling onto the lot. If possible, I would recommend a 2012 ram as well if you can find one. They don't require that extra emissions fluid. Plus you can still get the 850 ft.lbs torque out of the cummins.
        I bought a 2012 Crew Cab Long bed 2500 with the cummins (cloth seats, electric everything) for $38K at Henson Motor in Madisonville

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
          $28-29 on a new 2014 Crew Cab Texas Edition Silverado
          We had only one and just sold it an hour ago. Let me show you this one over here. I know its not the same price but you have to see where that extra money is going. And once you drive it. well son you are gonna know. First off it has............

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
            M16s post made me think of this add on.

Ford has 1.9% for 48 months. It is cheaper to make payments than take the money out of my pocket.

^^^that made spending the money a little easier.
            I'm with you on that. I could have written the $54K check, but that $54K is making me over 8% interest per year and selling stocks would also result in more income taxes. I'm not in the habit of keeping money in an unproductive place.

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
              Can grab a 2014 cummins for bout 40
              No you can't. I spent nearly 5 months price hunting a truck across the nation and finally found it in Idaho at Dave Smith motors. 2014 longhorn laramie 4x4 megacab $67k msrp and I bought it there for only one reason. No one in the country could touch their price out the door. And it wasn't $40k but I wish It would've been.
              Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 08-27-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Just bought a 2012 F-150 Eco boost Platinum with 17,000 miles. Paid $39k for it and love it.
                Not one is worth what we will have to pay for them. But sure is nice to drive a new truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  I'm thinking these new truck prices are so high, I might go back to a 68 -77 model and pay someone rehab it and still be ahead on my money. At least then I'll be able to change my own oil, spark plugs and wires rather than spending $500 to pay the shop to do it.
                  I bought a restored 1987 silverado for that reason.

Comment

Take a look at this bad boy

Comment

Two weeks ago, I bought a new loaded 2014 F150 EcoBoost XLT Crew Cab ( Two tone paint,leather, 20" wheels, prem. sound, limited slip, spray in liner). Right at $40k out the door with extended warranty.
                      For my daughter to take to school in Lubbock.
                      Me, I'm still driven my '05 F350.
                      Last edited by Fla. Fatboy; 08-27-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I can't believe what people pay for used trucks for these prices to he as high as they are. Drove gmc yesterday. Guess I'll drive a dodge for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Corn was 2.99 a bag
                          skoal was 50 cents a can

do i need to get this thread fired up about the fuel prices?

oh yeah those new trucks are sky high!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                            I can't believe what people pay for used trucks for these prices to he as high as they are. Drove gmc yesterday. Guess I'll drive a dodge for fun.
                            Aint they proud of'em!!!
                            I've been looking for month now.

Comment

Yall should look at my website. Machaikfl.com in Georgetown. We are aggresive on pricing!

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                                No you can't. I spent nearly 5 months price hunting a truck across the nation and finally found it in Idaho at Dave Smith motors. 2014 longhorn laramie 4x4 megacab $67k msrp and I bought it there for only one reason. No one in the country could touch their price out the door. And it wasn't $40k but I wish It would've been.
                                Do you want to tell us how good of a deal you got on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X