chokes for duck hunting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chokes for duck hunting??

What are the best chokes for duck hunting??

You are going to get a dozen answers on this question. Being you have to use steel shot or other non-lead shot, you can usually get by with fairly open chokes. I don't know how far your shots will be but I bet you will be fine with IC in most circumstances. Remember, with steel shot, it patterns much more dense than with lead.

Dave

Comment

Kicks high flyer in modified.

Comment

Again lots of varying opinions here. I have pretty close action & most of my hunts are cylinder/skeet, switching to IC later in the season.

Comment

Depends on what kind of duck hunting. Sitting on a pond waiting for their feet to touch the water, pretty much any IC or Modified would be fine. For Public land birds that are a mile away, I like my Carlson's in Full

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
            X2

Comment

mod.

Comment

When I had my SBEII I was shooting a Comp-N-Choke in IC. Was very deadly. I actually still have the choke but got rid of the SBEII. Super great gun but down graded to a 20ga for more of a challenge.

Comment

The one that is seized in my barrel

Comment

Kicks for sure which pattern depends on how and where you hunt. I've got several and switch out depending on how the birds are working.

Comment

Modified does the trick for me

Comment

I use a full choke for every shot gun use I have. It never let's me down.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                          X1000. Folded more birds with this choke than any other. Way less crippled birds...

Comment

I shoot a full choke for everything and I love being able to reach out and touch'em!

Comment

I use IC for decoying birds, M for passing shots or more distant birds.

Comment

Working...
                              X