Puerto Rico???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Rico???

I've been away. Actually hunting. I know, what's that?

Apparently people are saying we (the Country or Trump) are not helping Puerto Rico?

Is this true or just a bunch of social media bull crap? And should or how much should we be helping them?

Social Media BS.

Comment

I think the scope of the devastation and the logistics of reaching everyone is just not apparent to what we can see from the TV. My wife has been in contact with some of her family there and they are saying families in remote mountain areas are getting one meal a week and some water to split at this point. The local leadership there doesn't appear to be very effective either and they've been sitting on a long time power grid issue that there was apparently no money to throw at it to get it fixed. They were riding on borrowed time I think in many ways. That was a very unfortunate hurricane for them to get hit with.

Comment

If you can’t land the boats.
        If you can’t drive the roads.
        If you can’t land planes and choppers.
        I don’t think that island was ready for the inevitable.
        It’s a bad situation.

-------------------------------
        Violence never settles anything
        -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Perfect example of a liberal society. I cant imagine a life where I am completely dependent on the government to clothe and feed me, and of course they have squandered everything away so they cannot clothe or feed.

Comment

Same crap that happened in New Orleans during Katrina. They blamed Bush. For decades, a grossly mismanaged local gubmint squandered the monies allocated to make essential repairs. They kicked the can down the road until the can got power washed away.

Comment

Supposedly whole warehouse's full of supplies/aid sitting in Porto Rico going nowhere. (from the US)

Comment

They are getting plenty of help.
                If things are not getting done in a timely manner there is likely a local politician to blame.

Comment

My wifes cousin (Coast Guard Reserves) has been over there for almost a month and has at least another month before he gets to come home. So I would say the country not helping is just #fakenews.

Comment

We are helping. Anyone saying other wise is just dumb. Isn't the mayor of San Juan who was criticizing Trump for lack of effort now being investigated for embezzling from the relief?

Also, as another poster mentioned above. It is absolutely pathetic how the PR leaders act like it is someone else's responsibility to rebuild what they are responsible for. Completely helpless.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Perfect example of a liberal society. I cant imagine a life where I am completely dependent on the government to clothe and feed me, and of course they have squandered everything away so they cannot clothe or feed.
                      Yup. And to think that's what the left wants here.

Comment

I would like to caution people from making broad general statements like Puerto Rico is a "liberal society". People there work very hard for the things that they have and trust me when I say they get NOTHING from the government. They are much less "liberal" than people generally are here.

Now the government there... different story. That is a corrupt entity if I have ever seen one. I have been told by the people that live there that 50 cents plus of every dollar the government gets is put in someone's pocket. I don't think the government ideology is particularly liberal either... just corrupt as all get out. Don't let some ignorant lady on TV convince you of the mindset of the people there. That being said, everyone there is pretty desperate including government.

I spoke with a few friends that are still there... times are very hard. Things aren't being received or distributed well. If they seem a little upset on TV.... how would you be if you lived on an island with no water, food, or electricity? Its not being lazy, its being desperate. Remember a society is three meals away from anarchy... or whatever quote you want to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          I would like to caution people from making broad general statements like Puerto Rico is a "liberal society". People there work very hard for the things that they have and trust me when I say they get NOTHING from the government. They are much less "liberal" than people generally are here.

Now the government there... different story. That is a corrupt entity if I have ever seen one. I have been told by the people that live there that 50 cents plus of every dollar the government gets is put in someone's pocket. I don't think the government ideology is particularly liberal either... just corrupt as all get out. Don't let some ignorant lady on TV convince you of the mindset of the people there. That being said, everyone there is pretty desperate including government.

I spoke with a few friends that are still there... times are very hard. Things aren't being received or distributed well. If they seem a little upset on TV.... how would you be if you lived on an island with no water, food, or electricity? Its not being lazy, its being desperate. Remember a society is three meals away from anarchy... or whatever quote you want to use.
                          Well put. The government has let the infrastructure go to crap. Communications and transportation are in shambles. The failure in this all isn't the citizens but the local, county and state government.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post

Criticism I have read on this forum have been of the Gubmint and not the people. The issue is, the outcome is the same. Leftist cities end up much the same way. Look at Mexico for instance. The people work as well as they can and the corrupt Government keeps them oppressed for personal gain. Kapernick should spend some time down there if he wants to witness true oppression and corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                              Criticism I have read on this forum have been of the Gubmint and not the people. The issue is, the outcome is the same. Leftist cities end up much the same way. Look at Mexico for instance. The people work as well as they can and the corrupt Government keeps them oppressed for personal gain. Kapernick should spend some time down there if he wants to witness true oppression and corruption.
                              Hell just look in this country. Look at the difference of how New Orleans/ Louisiana responded to Katrina vs how Texas/ Houston responded to Harvey.
                              Last edited by BrandonA; 10-17-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X