Silvertip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silvertip

Anyone ever shoot a silvertip recurve? Just wondering how they shoot. Thanks.

I owned one yrs ago when Paul was making them.
    I sold it. Wish I had not now due to sentimental reasons.

In my opinion at that time the Palmer was as good if not better.

Dave makes a prettier bow than Paul did. I have not shot one of his.

Comment

To a answer your question Paul's bow shot very well.

Comment

Thanks MEB this is a new one will like a year old was just wondering how they shoot. Because I might buy it.

Comment

I have one now and another will be here by the end of the week. They shoot very good for me. Something about the grip helps me to hit where I look. I went through a couple dozen bows and finally settled on the Silvertip as being the best fit for me. The Tall Tines recurves are very similar and It is hard to tell the two apart. I can spend a practice session with the TT and feel equally fond of it as the Tip.

Comment

Thanks 60 appreciate it.

Comment

Silver Tip recurve

My two cents worth, took process of One of the three pieces take down in February, can't say enough about it, I've taken 13 animals with it, hogs and Africa game, won the Texas State Recurve championship, two classes, carbon and woods. Can't go wrong with a silvertip. I'll got a take down long bow on order, can't wait.

Comment

I've owned a couple ( two on the left, Tall Tines on right) both were good shooters, quiet & easy to tune, both were 62"
                Attached Files

Comment

My new to me Silvertip arrived a week ago. I took it, my other tip, and the Tall Tines out for a side by side comparison yesterday afternoon. In all honesty, maybe I am just numb but I can't tell much of a difference in all three of the bows. The Tall Tines has a slightly smaller riser and weighs less, but it shoots right there with the Silvertips.
                  Attached Files

Comment

60 Deluxe, you're right now much difference Tip & TT, Tips are excellent I would love to have an Original Silvertip built by Paul ... any #'s. TT is a great bow a lot less $$ & I believe he's got a new limb design too

Comment

I have wanted an original Silvertip for a long time. Gene Wensel offered to sell me one about 10 years ago for $500 but I didn't have the cash at the time.

I read an article in Outdoor Life about Paul back in the day and it's one thing that got me totally hooked on wanting to hunt with a recurve. I still have that magazine and I also have it scanned in and saved to .pdf somewhere. I need to look and see if I can find it.

Comment

I think that the article can be found online.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          I have wanted an original Silvertip for a long time. Gene Wensel offered to sell me one about 10 years ago for $500 but I didn't have the cash at the time.

I read an article in Outdoor Life about Paul back in the day and it's one thing that got me totally hooked on wanting to hunt with a recurve. I still have that magazine and I also have it scanned in and saved to .pdf somewhere. I need to look and see if I can find it.
                          You can't find one that cheap today & the one's I've seen have been around 1K. There's certain amount of prestige & history when owning a Tip.

Many great stories of Paul who has many Montana records if you ever go thru Great Falls Airport many of his trophies are on display. My favorite story of Paul is when he killed the wounded African lion that charged. I've always wanted to know about this grizz kill but if I remember right they didn't have a firearm as a backup, hardcore hunters...

From left to right is Paul Schafer, Jeff Boothe, Brad Adams & Bart Schleyer these may be the last of the great traditional bowhunters who hunted for the love of the sport
                          Attached Files

Comment

Spaceghost, what weight are you looking for, if you decide to get one? There was one a little too heavy for me listed for a couple of months that I never saw sell. It was $700. I think that it was mid 50s weight and had plain glass limbs. One of mine has the camo glass limbs and it doesn't bother me one little bit not having fancy wood veneers on the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                              You can't find one that cheap today & the one's I've seen have been around 1K. There's certain amount of prestige & history when owning a Tip.

Many great stories of Paul who has many Montana records if you ever go thru Great Falls Airport many of his trophies are on display. My favorite story of Paul is when he killed the wounded African lion that charged. I've always wanted to know about this grizz kill but if I remember right they didn't have a firearm as a backup, hardcore hunters...

From left to right is Paul Schafer, Jeff Boothe, Brad Adams & Bart Schleyer these may be the last of the great traditional bowhunters who hunted for the love of the sport
                              Yeah I know I really regret not buying it now. That is a great picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X