Strother bows. who here shoots them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strother bows. who here shoots them?

I just looked at their lineup as I supposedly have one coming to me but I'll believe it when I see it. A guy there said he wants to put one in my hands for people to shoot to try to sell them here.

Yes Sir
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't shoot one, but have seen one in action and held one. I like them, but I'm to much of a Mathews fanboy.....

Comment

I like them, but do not own one. I want the new elite!

Comment

I think the guy designing all of the new Elites was the Strother fella. They look and feel similar. Ragin could tell you.

Comment

The orginal Elite's and Bowtech's were
            Kevin Strother designs as were the first Strother bows.

Comment

[ATTACH]659275[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]659276[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]659277[/ATTACH]

Comment

Shoot the dr-71 and the sx1 love them both.

Comment

I've got a Moxie set for 3D. Not a fan after shooting it for a while just isn't comfortable to me.... I'll let the bare bow go cheap.

Comment

I had a SR-71 for a while and liked it but went back to Hoyt, just fit me better. Nothing bad to say about my strother though.

Comment

Originally posted by jsuggs View Post
                      I think the guy designing all of the new Elites was the Strother fella. They look and feel similar. Ragin could tell you.

not even close, Kevin left Elite 5 yrs ago

He designed bows for other companies using a modified cookie cutter approach. Similar riser design, tweak the cams for speed

Elite (2009-present) has always been about smooooothness and the best back wall in the business

KS Designs have always chased speed dating back to 1993 with the Oregon Black Knight which had a 330 fps IBO

Comment

I shoot a sr-71

Comment

I have a 2012 SX Rush 55-65lb that I really like. I bought the bow used for cheap since Strother being smaller really suffers in resale. The bow is a little on the heavy side (4.5ish bare) and feels top heavy holding it, but is dead at the shot. I shoot this bow really well and after getting it last November have killed numerous pigs and 5 deer with it. It's fast, quiet, and dead in the hand. It's the longest ATA bow I have personally owned and heaviest, but I also shoot it as well or better than my previous Destroyer 340 and Invasion. All in all, they seem to be pretty solid bows and the finish is TOP notch.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            not even close, Kevin left Elite 5 yrs ago

He designed bows for other companies using a modified cookie cutter approach. Similar riser design, tweak the cams for speed

Elite (2009-present) has always been about smooooothness and the best back wall in the business

KS Designs have always chased speed dating back to 1993 with the Oregon Black Knight which had a 330 fps IBO
                            Correct. I think his new company is K &k. Or something like that. The new owner of Strother is Brian Park. Nice guy. Came from the auto industry. They engineered and made parts for the manufacturers. I have a sr71 but he said he is going to send me a new one. Not brian, a employee. Again, we shall see

Comment

Have an Infinity and love it

Comment

Working...
                              X