Pop-Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop-Up Platform

Going to setup a new pop-up blind location this weekend to try to lay the smack down on some hogs this summer. Decided to try out an elevated platform to help keep the snakes & others critters out, plus make it easier to video the hunts. Here's a few driveway pics, I'll post more after this weekend when it's all setup. Still need to throw a coat of paint on it. Gonna have to take the legs & plywood off to transport, everything I build seems to be overkilled & this sucker is HEAVY. Let me know what you think or have any other suggestions.
    Attached Files

Legs

I just screwed some treated 2x6's together that I had laying around to make the legs. They seem to be very sturdy.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks like it will work to me

Comment

Nice job, did you think about how you will secure the pop-up to the base?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
            Nice job, did you think about how you will secure the pop-up to the base?
            This was the plan, mainly because I have some already. I figure one of them on each of the 8 anchor straps should be more than enough. Any better ideas? I'm open for anything.
            Attached Files

Comment

Personally, I would secure it with something that is easily removed. That pop up will shred if you leave it up year round. Maybe some lag bolts through the bottom and secure it down with a washer and wing nuts.

Comment

I would use some eye bolts to secure the popup to the platform.....

Comment

Eyebolts thru the plywood on each corner and use tiewraps to secure it with. Tons of differnent ways to do it, but I think you would want it fairly easy to "unhook" and take down when you want.

Nice stand and I bet it will work out great for ya.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna run by the hardware store after work & pick up some eye bolts to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X