Bowlight Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowlight Bracket

Here is a cheap an easy to build elevation bracket for a bowlight or hoglight. I had some scrap metal laying around that I used for the bracket. I bought a 5/16 x 24 bolt to attach it to my bow.

First step was to cut the metal to about 6 and 1/2 inches and I grinded the edges so as to not cut myself. I used a wire brush to clean it up a bit.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	24840334

Next step was to paint the bracket, nut and bolt. All I had was glossy black spray paint but the shine isn't too bad so it will work.

Name:	DSC00338.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24840335

Using a vice, I bent the bracket at about a 35-40 degree angle at both ends. (In retrospect, this step should be done before painting so as to not scratch the paint with the vise)

Name:	DSC00351.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24840336

I secured it to the riser with the bolt, a metal washer and I also used a rubber washer so as to reduce any vibration. Then I attached my Marauder to the top of the bracket.

Name:	DSC00343.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24840337

With the wing nut on my Marauder I can adjust the light up or down to get the proper illumination on my target. The bracket doesn't feel too heavy and I felt no vibration shooting with it on. Should work great in the ground blind. Since I had most of the materials, my total cost was under a buck!

Name:	DSC00346.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24840338

I like it !! gets that light up closer to the arrow and lets you shoot out of a ground blind window with room to spare... Good Build...

Comment

thts awesome!!

Comment

Great idea. Where did you get the metal from and/or what is it called?

Comment

Originally posted by zaustin13 View Post
          Great idea. Where did you get the metal from and/or what is it called?
          I've had the material for a long time and not sure what its called. I just saw it in Home Depot....its in the nuts and bolts aisle.

Comment

looks like the straps used for hangin duct work.

great idea, thanks for sharin.

Comment

great idea, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zaustin13 View Post
                great idea. Where did you get the metal from and/or what is it called?
                [ATTACH]213850[/ATTACH]

I think you can buy a shorter piece in the store. That's just the length I found online.

Comment

That will work!!

Comment

This is the one that I use:

Comment

Nice idea. Can't beat cheap sometimes. I want to find a way to make one where I can use my index finger on my bow hand to push the tailcap of my surefire.

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
                        Nice idea. Can't beat cheap sometimes. I want to find a way to make one where I can use my index finger on my bow hand to push the tailcap of my surefire.
                        get some flat steel from Lowes. 7/16x1/8x24" only cost $1.67+tax. Drill your 5/16 hole to mount to the bow. Bend to follow the grip of your bow approx.3" outward,pick your desired height, bend at 90* angle and secure your surefire to the steel w scope rings...if it will fit in the rings

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Albert. Great idea!!!!! I am going to make one of them for my bow.

Comment

What light are you using?

Comment

looks great

Comment

Working...
                              X