Utility trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utility trailer

Got this 5x10 trailer for an hour of my time after work! I needed one to haul my new mower to moms house to mow. Well that's its primary use.

Gonna make a few changes to the top rail that's made out of 3x3 box tubing. Gonna be cleaning up some welds. Came with a ramp that has to fitted on. Really thinking of making the top rail a low pressure air tank for airing tires up if needed. Swap out the lights for the oval flush mount LEDs. Any ideals are welcome!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stang_j_99; 05-03-2013, 09:39 PM.

spare tire mount....and boat trailer crank.....maybe a small tool box up front for small sissor jack, folding 4 way and tie downs. welld some loops along the outside lower edge fo the tie downs

Comment

Some progress so far. Just little things.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
        spare tire mount....and boat trailer crank.....maybe a small tool box up front for small sissor jack, folding 4 way and tie downs. welld some loops along the outside lower edge fo the tie downs
        Yea I've got a spare for it to mount and also gonna put some tie down loops. Thanks for the other ideals also. Will have to get a small box and jack for sure!

Comment

Also nixed the air tank ideal for now. Can always make that work later.

Comment

More progress
            Attached Files

Comment

I agree with new LED lights. Could you make a folding ramp for it?

Comment

Originally posted by jwedel View Post
                I agree with new LED lights. Could you make a folding ramp for it?
                Yea I got a ramp with it also. Work late last night on the ramp. Had to cut it down to fit. Didn't take before pics of the ramp but will be back on it pretty soon. Will get some more pics of it as I go today. Hope to get that all finished up and ready for paint by this afternoon.

Comment

Nice looking trailer. I have one almost identical to it. I would consider making the ramp a bi-fold ramp so that you do not get a lot of air drag on it while towing.That is the improvement I will be making to my trailer. Also you could get some heavy gauge expanded metal and add it to the inside side and front sections of the trailer along with
                  the v front to contain things and give unlimited areas for tie down straps to hook.Just my $.02. I wish I could run up on a deal like that for the price you got that trailer at man!

Comment

dont make an air tank out of square tbg. It will bulge the sides.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367777132.502646.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24196592 small toolbox
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367777173.508687.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24196593 and a winch
                      Congrats on a good score!