golf carts into ATV`s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golf carts into ATV`s?

well as i write this on vacation in edisto beach,sc.we have rented a two wheel drive electric with a lift kit,it is sweet for scooting around,just curious if any of you have made a golf cart into a hunting rig, how long can you hold a charge while hunting? i am thinking of picking up a used one from a local golf coarse and doing a conversion.please post a pic of your rigs,i would love to see em.

Bill

One of the best sources for parts and information is:
    Browse the best golf cart parts and accessories that fit your ride. Get the wheels, tires, seat covers, and lights that you've always wanted, with quality that lasts.

I put a lift kit, higher torque motor and controller and upgraded the wiring on my 98 EZ GO.

If you put on a lift kit, use the type that replaces the front axle. I didn't and will change that out eventually.

A lot depends on battery age and type, but we use ours almost every day for an hour or two. I have used it all day and it would slow way down climbing a hill, but it always made it.

Goo luck with the project.

Comment

Click Here is a link to a recent thread with a lot of pic's of carts on it...

Comment

Workin on one right now. 92 EZGo with 4 inch lift and 22 inch tires. Spray bomb cam paint job. Next is a 480 amp controller and 4 guage wiring. Pics at: http://www.photoworks.com/util/slide...h=&svr=pw-web8

Comment

Looks good Brownwood. Good luck 7point and keep us updated.

Like rberg said, when you get your lift, get a drop axle and not the spindle lift. You will be much happier and probably have a better turning radius.

Comment

Here's mine 05 ezgo pds was doing wheelie's then I burnt out the motor. Now I'm waiting on my new motor. Going from 3.5hp to 12hp
            wish I could figure out this pic thing
            Attached Files

Comment

they work great will go most anywhere and will go all day on charge easy all weekend normal driving

Comment

great idea

Comment

Mine started out life as a golf course maintenance vehicle. It came with a gas engine and a tilt bed.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Cart2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	23901471

Name:	Cart3.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	23901472
                  It soon got 6" a lift kit with 22" tires.

Name:	Lift1.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	23901473

Name:	Lift2.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	23901474
                  Next step was a new paint job along with bedliner.

Name:	NT5.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	23901475

Name:	NT3.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	23901476
                  The hunting season kinda got in the way of the progress for a while.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	23901477

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	23901478
                  Before the start of this season, I hope make a brush guard and finish the high rack. I'll be sure to post pictures if it actually happens.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter View Post
                    Looks good Brownwood. Good luck 7point and keep us updated.

Like rberg said, when you get your lift, get a drop axle and not the spindle lift. You will be much happier and probably have a better turning radius.

Ok, I got my SHV (stealth hunting vehicle) dwon to the ranch and Im not real happy with it. New 480 amp controller, lift kit, 4 guage wires and all new electrical components and rebuilt Trojan batteries. Ive probably got $1500 bucks invested and it only runs fro about 15 minutes B4 it need recharging. My ranch is only 80 acres and only has one 30 ft high hill on it. Even with all the upgrades i did, it only creeps up the hill. Sure, it will get me back and forth to my stand as long as I recharge it after each run. Hope Yalls are better!

Comment

Brownwood you have something wrong. I took mine to the lease this week and even in the mud I ran about 6 miles before my gauge showed 1/2 a charge left.

As far as the hill......you need a torque motor....mine is the same way with the stock motor.

Comment

Sumpin not right. My std 48v cart will tote 3 adults + 2 kids for 3-4 hrs minimum with the spot lights on.

Bad controller or wired wrong?

Comment

Here is my project...

I need to get some updated pictures with all my other goodies I have added.

Comment

Originally posted by markm View Post
                            Brownwood you have something wrong. I took mine to the lease this week and even in the mud I ran about 6 miles before my gauge showed 1/2 a charge left.

As far as the hill......you need a torque motor....mine is the same way with the stock motor.
                            I think you guys are right. Im suspect of these "rebuilt" batteries. The golf cart forum guys are telling me ther is no such thing! Im taking my hydrometer and volt meter down when I go bowhunting to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X