Best new bow for 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    No looking at their web site, the TRX 38 is their best target bow.
    I want a long ata bow
    See if you can find yourself a used DrenalinLD. I still have my old one as a back up. You can actually shoot it with fingers. Still the smoothest most forgiving wheelie bow I've had since the old Viking days... I even shot the LD instinctive pretty well. It shot where I was lookin' before I put a sight on it.

Comment

I shot a few different bows and ended up with a Triax head and shoulders above the Hoyt and Elite bows I shot... amazing bow but not for you if you're looking for the longer ATA.

Comment

Most any bows these days will shoot great out to 30-40
        I'd just find one that feels comfortable to hold at full draw and practice at 40-60. Your 20 will shrink down as well
        Dont discredit the bows around 2010-2015... I shoot a 2011 z7e and it will kill a critter just as good and quick as the new bows will

Comment

When I saw the title of the thread... I literally clicked on it to post my typical smartass "Black Widow PCH" recommendation because most of these threads are about compounds.

But then I saw it was one of my Black Widow heros asking about compounds...

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Marty,
          When I made the transition from a stick bow back to wheelie bow, I never could get used to the small grip on the Hoyt's... The Mathews bows just fit me better, so that's why I settled there. I'm no fan-boy of any of 'em, but after shootin' that Widder for so long, it's likely that Mathews will feel better in your hands. Heck, con CastandBlast up for another hunt and try his out! I'd let you use mine, but it's back'erd's for ya...
          I'd have to agree with Slick on this one. I like the beefier grip of my widow alot with the high wrist. My Mathews bow had a very similar hand style, and I'd probably say that the grip is going to be one of the things that might turn out to be the most important to you at the end of the day.

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          Thanks for the input , it is sort of hard for a fellow that has not messed with them much to pick out the “best” as they all seem pretty good.
          I’m open to anything but blow tech
          yeah, I can't imagine why you'd not want a bowtech

I'm sure you know it... but hand corn is a wonderful thing. I spent the last 3 years hunting setups that were too far to the feeder... of course, that being said, it was highly annoying that I couldn't adjust those setups to my new stickbow ways... and this year I have finally done something to change all that.

Change can be a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Look at a Halon 32 Buff
            x7

Comment

Obsession bows, nuff said!

Comment

Working...
              X