Question about my meat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about my meat!

I have a LOT of Venison Chili meat, but not a lot of hamburger. .....I wound up with twice as much chili as i did burger.

Can I pretty much interchange the chili meat for hamburger in most recipes?
    (except for when I'm actually making burgers of course)

Or do I need to buy a grinder and grind it down each time I thaw some out for use in a "ground meat" or "hamburger meat" recipe?

Thanks for yalls opinions and input!!

Can I pretty much interchange the chili meat for hamburger in most recipes?

Yes

Or do I need to buy a grinder and grind it down each time I thaw some out for use in a "ground meat" or "hamburger meat" recipe?

That would work. You could use a knife to mince the meat. It wouldn't have the same texture as ground meat but it would be pretty close.

Comment

I guess it would depend on if you like the courser grind in your receipies? I don't think it would matter to me, the texture is the only thing that would change. Just my .02.

Comment

I just always get burger because you can use it in chili and it's just as good (to me). I don't see why you couldn't use it as is or regrind it if it's not too much trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I just always get burger because you can use it in chili and it's just as good (to me). I don't see why you couldn't use it as is or regrind it if it's not too much trouble.
          The only trouble would be having to regrind it prior to each use.
          It's all already frozen and in vacuum bags so I would have to thaw out a pack, grind it, cook the meal each time I wanted to cook something.

Comment

Bring it to me frank and Illl grind it and split it with you 50/50!!!!!

Comment

I'd get a grinder and grind it as needed. No problems with that. The chili grind will be a little too coarse to sub for hamburger in everything I can think of. Having your own grinder will also give you the opportunity to mix the chili with other ingredients when you grind it. Like mixing a little pork sausage and seasonings to make hamburger patties.

Comment

Working...
              X