Looking for venison roast recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for venison roast recipe

Anyone have a good venison roast recipe. Preferably one that can be done in a crock pot.

Fat is your friend! Our beloved whitetails don't have much. Use whatever you prefer for flavor...bell pepper, onion, garlic, celery, mushroom, even fruit! But add some fat....I say bacon draped over the top....and some kind of moisture down below.....beer, worschershire combo works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Fat is your friend! Our beloved whitetails don't have much. Use whatever you prefer for flavor...bell pepper, onion, garlic, celery, mushroom, even fruit! But add some fat....I say bacon draped over the top....and some kind of moisture down below.....beer, worschershire combo works well.
      What he said, but instead of water use Coca Cola. Causes a nice sweet caramel glaze to form from the sugar. My wife does it up this way and it is delicious!

Comment

You can also add half water and half italian dressing or more italian dressing and less water whichever but it adds lots of flavor.

Comment

This is the only way we do our deer roast. Cut slits into roast and stuff each one with onion & garlic. Salt, garlic powder and pepper each side and put in roaster pot. 1/4 taters around the sides. Slice up some more onions, garlic and carrots and add to pot. take 1 can Golden mushroom and 1 can beef consomme pour in bowel and mix with a fork, then pour over deer roast. Cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Guaranteed to be the best gravy you've ever drug a piece of bread through.

Comment

I actually have this in a crock pot at home cooking RIGHT NOW!

Roast
            Two big jars of Pepperonchines
            Package of Dry Italian Dressing
            Can of Beef Broth.

Take the stems and seeds from the pepperonchines

Mix in the crock pot, the beef broth, JUICE from two jars of pepperonchines, dray Italian dressing mix, and finally the roast. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Shred with fork, and put on a bun! So simple but outstanding to eat!

J

Comment

ok, so I put in about a 4+ pound pork shoulder around 11:45am today... on low in the crockpot.. should it be good to go around 6'ish or should I up the pot to high around 4pm?

Comment

JTS always use a slow cooking method. I personally cook a hind quarter (Deer or Pork) at 175F for 12 hours. It just falls of the bone when done!!!

Comment

Beef Broth And Bacon Is The Key To Tenderness!!! All The Fixins You Can Add! Celery, Beans,corn,peas,rotel,potatoes,green Beansslow Cook 9 Hours And Your Good But The Longer You Cook The Better It Gets

Comment

Roast & Gravy

Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients:

2-4 pound Roast
                    2 cans cream of mushroom soup
                    1 large onion, chopped
                    2 cloves garlic, minced (can substitute garlic powder)
                    1 Bay leaf
                    Olive oil or cooking oil of your choice
                    1 cup Water
                    Salt and pepper to taste

Wash meat in water and lightly bread with flour, salt and pepper, place in skillet of heated oil of your choice and brown thoroughly. Remove from pan and drain, Place meat, garlic and onion in Crock Pot; add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup of water. Throw in a large Bay leaf and allow mixture to simmer on low for 4 to 6 hours stirring as needed.

Serve with mashed potatoes or fried cornbread and turnip greens…
                    Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 11-22-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X