No announcement yet.

Is This Fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there needs to be some evening out factor... either a reduced target size, increase distance or SOMTHING...

Otherwise its like racing a pinto and a lambo.... you can do it but WHY? whats the point?

No it isn't fair, and I would raise hell... There HAS to be an evening out factor to determine and inter-discipline winner.

Other wise, unless the know 45 guy is TERRIBLE he will win every time

Comment

First, I don't think it is right for them to change the rules after the year started. When we introduced SoY, we only counted the remaining shoots. The next year we went to full schedule.

Second, the K45 shooters will stomp everyone except the pros.

Finally, but equally important - this is why all members should go to the club meetings! If you were there, you could have changed it all. Many times our club looks like they are about to do something and a small voice says, but what about.... And suddenly the club flips sides because we didn't think of it.

Comment

Thanks Dusty, thanks everyone. The board is trying to make me feel like I'm crazy. I have to point out that I'm on the board and I did try and change it.

The board voted and so be it.

The sad thing is, our members know nothing about the SOY or the cost of the buckles.

The board is supposed to be the voice for the members, and some how lost sight of polling the members or asking for feedback.

Comment

I know very little about archery club organization, however it sounds like the board has adopted the same politics as our government.

I would organize an effort with the members to replace the board or at least enough of them to be accountable to the members.

If that didn't work I'd change equipment and beat "their guy" just to prove a point.
          If I couldn't beat him then I'd be the first to congratulate him on his achievement..lol

Comment

Sounds like your club President is Obo..

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
              Thanks Dusty, thanks everyone. The board is trying to make me feel like I'm crazy. I have to point out that I'm on the board and I did try and change it.

The board voted and so be it.

The sad thing is, our members know nothing about the SOY or the cost of the buckles.

The board is supposed to be the voice for the members, and some how lost sight of polling the members or asking for feedback.
              I'm sorry, I misspoke. I thought about after I posted, then thought maybe someone else will learn to attend meetings. You did the right thing. In the end, the board approved it and your club will move forward with it. Sometimes clubs have to make mistakes to learn from them.

If they advertise this and continue with it next year, it won't be so bad. This is also where old fashioned newsletters were great - you could post that the board discussed it and voted to expend X$ on buckles and describe in detail how the award will be decided. We still use emails to contact the members and let them know about stuff. We also post the minutes on our web site.

Comment

Working...
              X