Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #51
UltraMax
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
So girls can't be trained in leadership, community involvement, outdoor skill, survival, cooking, camping, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, shooting, archery . . . etc? What is the problem with the young ladies being treated as equals?

Or is this a matter of "separate but equal" for gender instead of race?
Maybe the Girl Scouts need to ramp up their programs, it's GIRL Scouts for God sakes. Making "Boy" Scouts full Coed is NOT the answer.

It's BOY Scouts dude.
UltraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #52
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
So girls can't be trained in leadership, community involvement, outdoor skill, survival, cooking, camping, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, shooting, archery . . . etc? What is the problem with the young ladies being treated as equals?

Then why doesn't the Girl Scouts do all of those things?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #53
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

In most countries in the world Boy Scouts is Co Ed.
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 PM   #54
hunterdrake
Eight Point

Hunt In: Red River County

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
Maybe the Girl Scouts need to ramp up their programs, it's GIRL Scouts for God sakes. Making "Boy" Scouts full Coed is NOT the answer.

It's BOY Scouts dude.

Exactly!
hunterdrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #55
hunterdrake
Eight Point

Quote:

We are not most countries
Old 10-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #56
DRT
Pope & Young

For whatever reason the good ole USofA finds it hard to change in some ways. That is what makes us strong and unique in many ways. Unfortunately GSA does not offer the same experience BSA does and refuses to adjust it's program. So many dads have daughters who feel left out of the fun and fulfillment their brothers get to experience. They left the GS program because it wasn't offered there.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #57
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman

I surprise, it's 2017.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #58
UltraMax
Ten Point

Quote:
Most countries of the world are not capitalist, have horrid restricting gun laws and have oppressive laws imposed on their people....... In other words, I don't give two flying effs what goes on in "other countries." Keep the Boy Scouts the way it should be, BOY Scouts.

If a Coed Venture Crew starts then so be it, but that is not main stream Boy Scouting.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #59
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:

I thank god every day that I donít live in any of those other countries.

Itís amazing How girls made it to this point without being in the Boy Scouts?

Why donít the people that want their girls to have the same opportunities simply start a new organization??
Because at the end Of the day their goal is to simply destroy what once was a great institution just like what is happening with the nfl now.
The fools playing the game have no idea that they are just being played like pawns by people that would love nothing more than destroy another, once great, institution that allowed men to be men. The goal is to emasculate and thatís one reason we have so many snowflakes today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #60
DRT
Pope & Young

By the time they are teens you loose too many. Starting them young gives the family more of an opportunity to unify and enjoy it as a unit.

Does is create challenges? Yes. But as a qualified, active and dedicated member of the scouting organization I believe the opportunities and benefits of what the organization offer far outweigh the challenges and pitfalls.

I promise you the vast majority of nay sayers have not and will not be the ones committing their time and effort to building the character of the young men and women of America.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #61
hunterdrake
Eight Point

Quote:
By the time they are teens you loose too many. Starting them young gives the family more of an opportunity to unify and enjoy it as a unit.

Does is create challenges? Yes. But as a qualified, active and dedicated member of the scouting organization I believe the opportunities and benefits of what the organization offer far outweigh the challenges and pitfalls.

I promise you the vast majority of nay sayers have not and will not be the ones committing their time and effort to building the character of the young men and women of America.

That is a broad brush you are painting with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #62
RedRaider323
Eight Point

Hunt In: Robert Lee

Quote:
For whatever reason the good ole USofA finds it hard to change in some ways. That is what makes us strong and unique in many ways. Unfortunately GSA does not offer the same experience BSA does and refuses to adjust it's program. So many dads have daughters who feel left out of the fun and fulfillment their brothers get to experience. They left the GS program because it wasn't offered there.
So why cause another organization to change its program to fulfill girls needs, instead of fighting against the GS organization to cause them to change their program to include these needs?
RedRaider323 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #63
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

That's what happens when you start catering to the homosexuals.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #64
DRT
Pope & Young

Because BSA has a forward thinking and proactive leader. He see's and understands the political and financial landscape before the organization and is helping to make decisions based on what they see as wisdom.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #65
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
any what if little Johnny wants to crochet sweaters, hem skirts, and play with dolls ... will he be allowed entrance into the GS ?
My first thoughts also Blake. Should opposing sexual orientation be instilled within such young minds. Only to create a question in sexual identity while the child is developing? It baffles me that some parents encourage a child who has a Sexual Identity issue. I understand as a Christian, that I take no offense to anyone. Even if they are not of faith. For Christ loved all, as our Lord and Father dose. And we should try to live as Christ did, the best we can. But to encourage sexual deviance from what our Father has tried to teach us, is beyond me. Only those who have given up on Faith, or never were exposed to true Faith, would do such a thing?
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #66
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
That's what happens when you start catering to the homosexuals.
They have like 4 years ago. But we have not had one openly LBGT youth approach our troop for membership since any of the rulings.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #67
UltraMax
Ten Point

Quote:

So because the Girl Scouts doesn't offer what you feel like they should, the Boy Scouts should cave and accept girls??? That's preposterous.

You as a dad should teach her. Also, you as a dad of a son should not want an entire organization designed to mold young boys into fine young men to cave to political pressure and create distractions by allowing said political pressure to influence decisions.

and it's also ok to tell our children "no," that they cannot be in whatever organization because they are either a boy or a girl. That's called life, and life is not fair, something that liberals and millenials are going to have to come to grips with....
Old 10-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #68
hunterdrake
Eight Point

Quote:
Because BSA has a forward thinking and proactive leader. He see's and understands the political and financial landscape before the organization and is helping to make decisions based on what they see as wisdom.

So the decision was based on financial gain? Shouldn't it be for the Boys that are in Scouting?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #69
RedRaider323
Eight Point

Hunt In: Robert Lee

Quote:
Ahh, so the Girl Scouts are led by a leader, whom I guessing cannot be replaced then? Or are there no bright women leaders out there willing to empower themselves and change their organization for the better?
RedRaider323 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #70
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
They have like 4 years ago. But we have not had one openly LBGT youth approach our troop for membership since any of the rulings.
Knucklehead.......it never was about the youth homosexuals.

Yes, my boys were in scouting up until last year.......I was at all of the outings. I saw the influx of lebisian women.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #71
one66stang
Ten Point

Hunt In: Big Lake , Tx

Why is this a bad thing?
I dont want to start a fight I am curious as a legitimate argument as to why they shouldn't be allowed to join.
one66stang is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #72
DRT
Pope & Young

Traildust it's not polite to call names. The original ruling was on openly gay youths and adults.

Do I think this changes things? Yes. Do I think change is avoidable. No. You can either take the plunge and get it on your terms or take what is forced upon you.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #73
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

the downfall of the Boy Scouts started long ago, it's sad to see the dismantling of the U.S.A.
we are our worse enemy.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #74
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

God is spelt with a CAPITAL G.
Pushbutton2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #75
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

I was talking to our scoutmaster tonight and he brought up a good point. If they are allowed to form their own troop in Boy Scouts then that is not a problem. He said he thought if they make the troops coed then a lot of leaders will not be interested in the campouts. It is one thing to watch over a group of boys another to watch over coeds
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #76
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
the downfall of the Boy Scouts started long ago, it's sad to see the dismantling of the U.S.A.
we are our worse enemy.
It is a societal change. Creation was tarnished when Adam sinned. Through the ages the tarnish has become corrosion and the corrosion has created erosion. We are on a collision course with the inevitability of God's plan for the final salvation of our world.

However giving our daughters the equal opportunity offered to our son's isn't a sin.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #77
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Quote:
I agree it's an agenda. But it's an agenda to provide to the whole community what only half enjoy now.
You fell for the bait. The whole community has access to both groups. There are but two genders. Confused? Just look in your pants for either an innie or an outie. That simple. Don't put your pc agenda into my boy scouts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Speedgoat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #78
8pointer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher county

I learned more from my Grandfather on hunting trips growing up, than any Boy Scout camping trip could teach.
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #79
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
I was talking to our scoutmaster tonight and he brought up a good point. If they are allowed to form their own troop in Boy Scouts then that is not a problem. He said he thought if they make the troops coed then a lot of leaders will not be interested in the campouts. It is one thing to watch over a group of boys another to watch over coeds
It's a challenge. I am a scoutmaster and lead advisor of a venturing crew. But seeing the young ladies enjoying a campfire, canoe race or orienteering challenge makes all the extra effort and time worth while.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #80
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

It is very strange indeed. You would think the name "Boy Scouts" would imply it's for boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cprothro View Post
I have a four year old boy. I have been looking into Trail Life USA for him. Any insights to that organization?
Don't know much about this but my wife is the head of a troop for American Heritage Girls which is the equivalent for girls. It is a relatively new troop and she has been involved for a little over a year now and it has been good.
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #81
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
You fell for the bait. The whole community has access to both groups. There are but two genders. Confused? Just look in your pants for either an innie or an outie. That simple. Don't put your pc agenda into my boy scouts.

And don't put your prejudice against women into the BSA.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #82
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdog View Post
It is very strange indeed. You would think the name "Boy Scouts" would imply it's for boys.

Don't know much about this but my wife is the head of a troop for American Heritage Girls which is the equivalent for girls. It is a relatively new troop and she has been involved for a little over a year now and it has been good.
I hear really good things about that organization.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #83
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdrake View Post
So the decision was based on financial gain? Shouldn't it be for the Boys that are in Scouting?
Might be some of that thrown in there to. I just know that friends of mine in scouting have daughters who come to meetings and think the program is great. I don't feel then need to exclude them anymore than I would excluding any other youth.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #84
Bowtech32
Ten Point

Hunt In: Quanah, Hardeman Co.

All I will say is both genders are equal, and should be treated as equal. With that said boys and girls are not the same. There should be organizations for boys only and for girls only. I think they are asking for trouble at this age combining girls and boys for scouting.
Bowtech32 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #85
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Quote:
It is a societal change. Creation was tarnished when Adam sinned. Through the ages the tarnish has become corrosion and the corrosion has created erosion. We are on a collision course with the inevitability of God's plan for the final salvation of our world.

However giving our daughters the equal opportunity offered to our son's isn't a sin.
I agree with the first paragraph of your post. however our daughters do have equal opportunities offered to our sons, it's called the Girl Scouts and if they want to do some of the things that the Boy Scouts do then let them. I have no problem with them doing masculine things. but why change what has worked for so long? boys and girls at that age are too distracted by each other to learn anything that is being taught, imo.

it's just another attempt to tear the fabric of our society apart by the left.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #86
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Oh boy....er girl...er....****...now you're ****in up a perfectly good expression with that **** too...
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #87
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
I agree with the first paragraph of your post. however our daughters do have equal opportunities offered to our sons, it's called the Girl Scouts and if they want to do some of the things that the Boy Scouts do then let them. I have no problem with them doing masculine things. but why change what has worked for so long? boys and girls at that age are too distracted by each other to learn anything that is being taught, imo.

it's just another attempt to tear the fabric of our society apart by the left.
Girl Scouts is not equivalent. That's like the separate but equal crud in education for blacks and whites of the past. It wasn't, it didn't work and it was over ruled and changed as it should have been. They are two different organizations with separate goals and programs.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #88
DRT
Pope & Young

Folks it's not going to be easy but most of you folks will get over it in a generation or two.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #89
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Quote:
You mistake tradition for prejudice. Girls simply do not belong in BOY Scouts. There are GIRL Scouts. This is simply watering down gender identity and playing political chess with our children as the pawns. It's disgusting.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #90
Mesquite Archer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney / Abilene, KS

Not knowing any different I always assumed the girl scouts program was equal to the boys. Why not improve the girl scouts instead of destroy the boy scouts? Also, it's Boy Scouts of AMERICA not other countries in the world scouts. I really don't care how other liberal countries do it. They got it wrong and that is why we left 200+ years ago. If they do it your way over there, go join them.
Mesquite Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #91
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

I don't understand why the venturing program was not changed to match the Boy Scout program. Hey already are coed.
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #92
7m STW
Six Point

Hunt In: Webb Co.

I knew the organization was going to crap when they were trying to sell 15$ popcorn
7m STW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #93
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
Not knowing any different I always assumed the girl scouts program was equal to the boys. Why not improve the girl scouts instead of destroy the boy scouts? Also, it's Boy Scouts of AMERICA not other countries in the world scouts. I really don't care how other liberal countries do it. They got it wrong and that is why we left 200+ years ago. If they do it your way over there, go join them.
Scouting came from England. Lord Baden Powell. World War One vet. Started scouting to make boys into men who would be leaders in the country.

Because GSA leaders are not willing to adjust. Even in BSA's Venturing program it's tough to find female leaders who like to camp and do high adventure in near the same numbers as male leaders. It's a constant challenge. As these young ladies age and have girls in the organization that will become less of a challenge because they will enjoy the outdoors with them.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #94
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Quote:
Folks it's not going to be easy but most of you folks will get over it in a generation or two.
I think it's pretty arrogant of you to assume we are all wrong and should change our views to support your liberal agenda.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #95
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7m STW View Post
I knew the organization was going to crap when they were trying to sell 15$ popcorn
Really is a shame in that. But really it's a donation with a token return. Not like they are trying to provide you with a value purchase.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #96
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Quote:
Girl Scouts is not equivalent. That's like the separate but equal crud in education for blacks and whites of the past. It wasn't, it didn't work and it was over ruled and changed as it should have been. They are two different organizations with separate goals and programs.
but we are not talking about the past and most certainly not about race.
I am talking about Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts; now I have never been in the Girl Scouts so I don't know much about them, but as I stated earlier; if they want to do the same thing as the boys do, so be it, I don't have a problem with it.
think of it as segregation or what ever if you want to, but in this case it's o.k. by me.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #97
muzzyslinger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collin,Grayson and Fannin Counties

Quote:

its called Boy Scouts for a reason----B O Y S
muzzyslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #98
R.W.T
Ten Point

Hunt In: rocksprings tx

Quote:
Itís not Scouts of America, itís Boy Scouts of America . Itís not Scouts of America, itís Girl Scouts of America . My son will not be joining the Girl Scouts and my daughter will not be joining the Boy Scouts. If the GSA are not getting to camp and fish ? Like you mentioned, they need to fix it on there end.
R.W.T is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #99
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
I think it's pretty arrogant of you to assume we are all wrong and should change our views to support your liberal agenda.

It's pretty arrogant of you to assume I am arrogant. You're just right and wrong at the same time.

I like tradition. I like having archery season just for traditional archers. But wait, compounds are allowed. Well okay at least they are vertical bows. Now crossbows are allowed.

Well guess what? We still archery hunt with all three. One does not deprive the other. Did I like all the changes? Not at first. But I soon realized they didn't take anything from me when they allowed the others in my club.

However I know I'm out there teaching community service, character development, outdoor skills and leadership to young men and women in our community and I don't need your approval or endorsement.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #100
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Don't anyone be outraged one morning when little Johnny is running around telling everyone to smell his finger after one of these coed scout outings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top