Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #51
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
Holler at me when an email kills 58 people. Exaggerating of course.
Alcohol kills far more than 58, vehicles and hammers too... shall we prohibit them?

And you totally missed or ignored the parallel between the email/1st Amend & modern firearms/2Amend

Given your expressed closed mindedness, I'm leaning towards you just ignored it
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #52
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
Is this just a small concession to quiet the masses?
Something something frog in boiling water.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 11:32 PM   #53
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

For reference 241 Americans dies every day as a result of alcohol.

Maybe that should be the media headline everyday. Obesity is probably more than that.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #54
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
I also believe a lot has changed in 226 years.
LoL
Yeah black people are legally able to learn to read
And women can vote

Isn't that progress?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 12:26 AM   #55
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

Iím good with it. I mean the military even uses 3 round burst. Why? Because you canít hit **** when you canít aim. Thatís all the bump stocks do. I see nothing lost by getting rid of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 01:21 AM   #56
BolilloLoco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County

I don't understand the NRA on this one. The bad guys will always find a way to accomplish their goal. The libs know this. Most of them don't care about the 58 victims in Vegas. They just see an opportunity to make progress towards their goal. NRA has to see this. Don't they?
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #57
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
Iím good with it. I mean the military even uses 3 round burst. Why? Because you canít hit **** when you canít aim. Thatís all the bump stocks do. I see nothing lost by getting rid of them

Have you ever fired full auto or even a slide fire stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #58
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolilloLoco View Post
I don't understand the NRA on this one. The bad guys will always find a way to accomplish their goal. The libs know this. Most of them don't care about the 58 victims in Vegas. They just see an opportunity to make progress towards their goal. NRA has to see this. Don't they?
I think there may be two reasons they called on the ATF to review them.
1. They could be the Sacrificial lamb
2. It will highlight the fact that the obama admin was in office when they were approved
I don't believe the NRA is caving to pressure, i believe they have a strategy of some kind.
Also, bumpstocks are not a constitutionally protected product. Banning them would not an infringement to the second amendment.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 07:59 AM   #59
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

You guys do know that you can "bump fire " an AR without adding a specialty stock....right?

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 08:08 AM   #60
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
It was a big deal? Why? You couldn't make a living? You couldn't protect your home? Other?

I'm willing to give up a portion of my right to bear arms. No one is suggesting we turn in all our guns.
Since you're going to duck and dodge with semantics, perhaps I should have asked:

Other than the 2nd Amendment, which Rights are you willing to forego or a portion thereof?

It was a big deal because Rights were trampled and freedom was taken away. Not your brand of freedom but freedom nonetheless. Do you know what resulted from the UT Tower shooting? I do. The cops realized they didn't have the tools or tactics to knock off one crazy dude with a bolt action rifle. What did they do? SWAT is what they came up with and they had more and better weapons. Times changed. The police changed with them. Citizens have the Right to do the same. Again, ...shall not be infringed.

And, yes, lots and lots of people in power are trying to take away guns. I'll name two currently in positions of power: Barbara Boxer and Nacy Pelosi.

I'm waiting.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #61
DJM
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post

And, yes, lots and lots of people in power are trying to take away guns. I'll name two currently in positions of power: Barbara Boxer and Nacy Pelosi.

I'm waiting.
Don't forget Diane Feinstien ,she had a 200 page bill ready to go the day after Sandy Hook.

DJ
Old 10-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #62
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the big deer roam

The 4th seems to be "infringed" all the time, so I'll go with that one.

It was a big deal because it was your right. I see. But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.

It's a big deal now because you have been given something and feel theatened by the thought they might take it away.
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #63
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Slippery slope.
Once you let them start...they dont stop....
perhaps some of you ****in forget how Government works....
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #64
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

this is not accurate.
Precision targeting is not the purpose of full auto - its accuracy by volume.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #65
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
this is not accurate.
Precision targeting is not the purpose of full auto - its accuracy by volume.
So really only useful for firing into large groups of things. People and hogs I guess?
Old 10-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #66
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:

It was a big deal because it was your right. I see. But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.

It's a big deal now because you have been given something and feel theatened by the thought they might take it away.
No. It was taken away and fought to get it back, now fighting to keep it from being taken away again. Just because you don't agree doesn't make you right. And before you respond about me thinking I'm right, read the Constitution.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #67
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:

As for the 4th, soooo much of that is due to the Patriot Act. The single most liberty grabbing piece of legislation ever perpetuated on the American Citizens. How did that happen? Impeccable timing with 9/11 and playing on the EMOTIONS of the citizens. Not unlike every crisis that arises, that is exactly what is trying to be played now. You seem to be a perfect example of playing on people's emotions. That, in itself, is tyranny in my eyes.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #68
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
As for the 4th, soooo much of that is due to the Patriot Act. The single most liberty grabbing piece of legislation ever perpetuated on the American Citizens. How did that happen? Impeccable timing with 9/11 and playing on the EMOTIONS of the citizens. Not unlike every crisis that arises, that is exactly what is trying to be played now. You seem to be a perfect example of playing on people's emotions. That, in itself, is tyranny in my eyes.
Damb liberals wrote and then rammed that patriot act down our throats just like they did oanda care.
Since we have a GOP controlled Congress why don't we roll back the libtarded patriot act?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #69
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Damb liberals wrote and then rammed that patriot act down our throats just like they did oanda care.
Since we have a GOP controlled Congress why don't we roll back the libtarded patriot act?
Nice try. Both sides suck! Power over the people know no political lines.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #70
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Slippery slope.
Once you let them start...they dont stop....
perhaps some of you ****in forget how Government works....
Seriously. The D's aren't even hiding it any more. THEIR PARTY LEADERS ARE SAYING IT IN PRESS CONFERENCES. You would have to be willfully ignorant or just stupid to not see this proposed ban for what it is.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #71
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Unhappy

Quote:

I noticed, you still didn't answer the question.

We were "given" nothing by our Gubmint. Gubmint offers nothing except protection in times of war. Because they wrongfully infringed everyone's Right then back-tracked doesn't mean we were "given" anything, Constitutionally speaking.

You are correct in that, the 4th Amendment is infringed regularly. Does that make it right? Does it make it okay to infringe other Rights? Absolutely NOT. Personally, I have been asked by LEO to search my truck numerous times at traffic stops and once at gun point. "Not without a warrant" is always my response. I have been detained for as long as 45 minutes because of it and it is WRONG. I don't drink, do drugs and I have never been arrested. That crap needs to stop and stop now.

You can go on for days about "toys" so, let's try this; you go to buy a new boat at my dealership. Say you want your boat to be blue. I don't have blue but I show you every other color. Maybe I even show you a smaller boat and tell you, "You really don't neeeeeed that twin engine bad a*s. This one with the 200 outboard will be fine for you." You would spin around and fast walk out of the lot. Am I correct? I know more people that have been killed in or by boats than I have killed by any gun.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #72
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

Quote:
But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.
I think I understand where you are coming from but I don't think you have thought about it from this angle. You keep saying this and that are toys and we did just fine without them before. And to a degree you are correct BUT that is not the point. It is also not the point of the 2nd. Sure during times of peace they are toys and fun to go practice and/or play with. It is when there isn't peace that they are no longer just "toys". The 2nd was not written to ensure we always had access to "toys" during times of peace but to ensure we had access to "tools" in times of tyranny. Take a few minutes and really think about what all had transpired when our country was formed. What those men, women and children had gone through and then what their intent was when just a few short years later they wrote the bill of rights to ensure INDIVIDUAL liberties from a overreaching federal government. If we sacrifice individual liberties for the common good or collective security then we might as well go ahead and let the federal government run every aspect of our lives because I can guarantee you they won't stop there.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #73
Mike D
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
Don't forget Diane Feinstien ,she had a 200 page bill ready to go the day after Sandy Hook.

DJ

Same thing here as well.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #74
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Time to ban high rise hotels. The snipers choice. Who needs more than one floor.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #75
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Lometa, TX

Most folks even on our side are ignorant about guns and their function and effectiveness.
Sit them down in front of a Jerry Michaluk video shooting a revolver and they'll swear it's fully automatic.
It'll be tough to find any sympathy for any device that lets us mere mortals shoot like him.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #76
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyart View Post
Most folks even on our side are ignorant about guns and their function and effectiveness.
Sit them down in front of a Jerry Michaluk video shooting a revolver and they'll swear it's fully automatic.
It'll be tough to find any sympathy for any device that lets us mere mortals shoot like him.

Sympathy is an emotion and when compared to Constitutional Rights, it means naught.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #77
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sympathy is an emotion and when compared to Constitutional Rights, it means naught.
Solid point.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #78
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
I am against bump stocks.
Why? I mean I can bump fire without a bump stock
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #79
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Since we can't blame Obama or Pelosi anymore
Who will be the scapegoat?
NRA is falling on its on sword.

First it's bumpstocks
Next it will be suppressors
Then all semi autos
Then all bolt guns
They want to leave us with muskets and slingshots
Quote:
It was a big deal? Why? You couldn't make a living? You couldn't protect your home? Other?

I'm willing to give up a portion of my right to bear arms. No one is suggesting we turn in all our guns.
I look at it as a "temporary tax" or the "tolls to pay for the road; once its paid off we will remove all the tolls". Its just a ploy to get their inch. texansfan is 100% on this, first its bumpstocks, and then what? Its not long before they are able to look through doctors records to see a mental status of a person. People are fixating on the bumpstock and what gun he used. He would have murdered a crap load of people with or without a bumpstock. Heck, the guy could have gotten a class 3 license if he wanted. There is so much to this story we are not (and may not) hearing. Wait until it comes out that this guy was aligned with some aloha snackbar (because its going to come out). The left is politicizing this to the max now because they already know that this guy is a jihad terrorist.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #80
Mike D
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Time to ban high rise hotels. The snipers choice. Who needs more than one floor.

Yep, makes about as much sense as banning the slidefire style stocks.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #81
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:

This speaks VOLUMES.

#QuotesSuck
Old 10-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #82
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

I think he be gone.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #83
jcl
Four Point

We already have a law that it is illegal to kill people... Why make more laws that people will not follow?
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #84
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

Oh the Bush administration.. They are all globalist and take orders from the same donors. They saw it as a way to take some liberties away and jumped at the opportunity. Same thing happening with the bumpstock...I wouldn't be if the RINO's all get on board and start banning weapons, then run against Trump on the platform that weapons were banned under Trump. Buncha scumbags
Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #85
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Apparently, facts don't matter to some and it's all emotional but here are 2010-2014 homicide stats from www.FBI.org:

Handgun:

6,115 6,251 6,404 5,782 5,562

Rifle:

367 332 298 285 248

Shotgun:

366 362 310 308 262

Blunt Instruments (hammer)/Manual (hands, feet, etc.):

1,318 1,252 1,229 1,115 1,095

Knives:

1,732 1,716 1,604 1,490 1,567

Summary: Bump stocks are bad.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #86
DJM
Pope & Young

Quote:
Apparently, facts don't matter to some and it's all emotional but here are 2010-2014 homicide stats from www.FBI.org:

Handgun:

6,115 6,251 6,404 5,782 5,562

Rifle:

367 332 298 285 248

Shotgun:

366 362 310 308 262

Blunt Instruments (hammer)/Manual (hands, feet, etc.):

1,318 1,252 1,229 1,115 1,095

Knives:

1,732 1,716 1,604 1,490 1,567

Summary: Bump stocks are bad.

Throw in tobacco.alcohol and prescription drug deaths.........nobody is too concerned about those.

DJ
Old 10-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #87
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
I think he be gone.
Who?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #88
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
So really only useful for firing into large groups of things. People and hogs I guess?
Any rebuttal?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #89
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Any rebuttal?
It's pointless. You're an emotional sheep. We get it.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #90
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's pointless. You're an emotional sheep. We get it.
Because you have no rebuttal. Other than "it's my right" and "I like toy guns".

Ps. Name calling isn't nice. Please try to keep this civil.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #91
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:

What's your problem with the constitution? It wasn't written to your liking?
Old 10-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #92
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
Throw in tobacco.alcohol and prescription drug deaths.........nobody is too concerned about those.

DJ

Of course. I asked Chase This! about his fixation on semi-auto weapons bans while 84 murders occur monthly in Chicago and 40,000+ suicides every year in America.....crickets.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #93
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Quote:
Have you seen how much legal machine guns have gone up in value? Machine gun values have out performed the stock market. Thanks to government regulation. Otherwise they wouldn't be worth squat. Who are you to tell me how to invest my money?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #94
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Any rebuttal?

Yeah, I have a rebuttal. First, answer the questions I posed to you hours ago and I will then get to your question. By the way, I have called you no names yet you still refuse to answer me. Name calling isn't the problem, a factually deficient argument on your part is.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #95
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NW Smith County

Quote:

Why is this about a stock? The stock killed no one, in fact, without that stock, paddock probably wouldíve killed more people by simply running semi auto. Far more accurate and I promise I can dump 50 30 round mags in 9-11 minutes without your ďtoysĒ.

This is a heart issue. This guy was crazy and he had a narrative, oops, I mean motive.
Everything that the left, his people, want gone was in one nice neat and tidy little package. They couldnít get it with columbine, aurora, sandy hook, Orlando, fort hood, the naval yard, San Bernardino, and they **** sure canít get it by throwing their constituents in Chicago under the bus or the minority gang violence because thatís racist, so here it is. Itís the perfect storm for the left to have a reason and it recruits folks in the middle like you.
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #96
Kmart49
Ten Point

Hunt In: Callahan County/Stephens County

I'm glad Gun Owners of America came out against this move by the NRA.
Kmart49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #97
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah, I have a rebuttal. First, answer the questions I posed to you hours ago and I will then get to your question. By the way, I have called you no names yet you still refuse to answer me. Name calling isn't the problem, a factually deficient argument on your part is.
Sorry. I thought I answered all your questions. Which did I miss?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #98
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Have you seen how much legal machine guns have gone up in value? Machine gun values have out performed the stock market. Thanks to government regulation. Otherwise they wouldn't be worth squat. Who are you to tell me how to invest my money?
That's interesting. Who do you sell them to, to turn that profit?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #99
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
That's interesting. Who do you sell them to, to turn that profit?
People with big boats. They obviously like their "toys".

Oh! And what about my question in post #91?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #100
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
What's your problem with the constitution? It wasn't written to your liking?
I don't have problem, per say. It's hard for anything to stand the test of time. A lot has changed in 200+ years. I think we can grow as a nation and be smart about things at present time.