Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman
Default NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

NRA has requested the Feds to review bumpstocks.

NRA doing some damage control.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

RINOs
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

We'll see what Ted Nugent says about this. This is a slippery slope and the NRA should recognize it. Putting blame on an inanimate object is no different than blaming the AR-15.
Livin'2hunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #4
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
We'll see what Ted Nugent says about this. This is a slippery slope and the NRA should recognize it. Putting blame on an inanimate object is no different than blaming the AR-15.
They probably see it as an opportunity to appease the libs a little, hell reading the news there appears to be many Republicans on board with hearings on Bump stocks.

Better to loose an ad on than to loose the weapon
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Last edited by 150class; 10-05-2017 at 03:23 PM..
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #6
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
They probably see it as an opportunity to appease the libs a little, hell reading the news there appears to be many Republicans on board with hearings on Bump stocks.

Given what I've seen from the Repubes, it doesn't surprise me. Bend over, grab ankles, take it. That's their MO. The problem is, today it's a bump stock. Tomorrow, it's high capacity magazines and the day after that is the weapon itself. The libs will use the words "we don't need it" against us. It's not for them to decide what I need. I don't own a bump stock and have no desire for owning one but eliminating them won't stop mass shootings. It won't even slow them down. Bump stocks been around for quite a few uneventful years. Now, they're bad...

If this guy off'd 59 people with a bayonet on a 1903 Springfield, the libs wouldn't say sh*t about it. They would scurry around and change the narrative to "military-style weapons and need to be banned.". If you give these people an inch, they'll cut out your heart and show it to you. They play a different game than most of us.

Liberals are not interested in solving the problem. If they were, they would focus on the 40,000+ suicides annually in America and the 84 murders on average in Chicago every month. Those statistics are quite shocking to me but the Marxists go whistling by the graveyard.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:

No doubt they and gun owners are in a tight spot on this one. Deadliest shooting in US history, a true massacre, and some sort of action will precipitate from it.

Almost all other shootings had a caveat, be that mental health question or illegally obtained weaponry. This one appears to legal gun ownership and it stinks, but public outcry will likely require sacrifice
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Given what I've seen from the Repubes, it doesn't surprise me. Bend over, grab ankles, take it. That's their MO. The problem is, today it's a bump stock. Tomorrow, it's high capacity magazines and the day after that is the weapon itself. The libs will use the words "we don't need it" against us. It's not for them to decide what I need. I don't own a bump stock and have no desire for owning one but eliminating them won't stop mass shootings. It won't even slow them down. Bump stocks been around for quite a few uneventful years. Now, they're bad...

If this guy off'd 59 people with a bayonet on a 1903 Springfield, the libs wouldn't say sh*t about it. They would scurry around and change the narrative to "military-style weapons and need to be banned.". If you give these people an inch, they'll cut out your heart and show it to you. They play a different game than most of us.

Liberals are not interested in solving the problem. If they were, they would focus on the 40,000+ suicides annually in America and the 84 murders on average in Chicago every month. Those statistics are quite shocking to me but the Marxists go whistling by the graveyard.
I understand all that^^^^^ completely but in this circumstance, with the elected representatives we have on both sides of the isle The American people will loose some freedom after this event. I don't think there is any doubt about it this time. If I am going to loose something it might as well be a bump stock.
Then hope the outrage is enough at some point that we elect republicans with old school courage and constitutional back bone
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #9
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

"shall be just a little infringed."
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #10
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
I understand all that^^^^^ completely but in this circumstance, with the elected representatives we have on both sides of the isle The American people will loose some freedom after this event. I don't think there is any doubt about it this time. If I am going to loose something it might as well be a bump stock.
Then hope the outrage is enough at some point that we elect republicans with old school courage and constitutional back bone

You nailed it. I've always said, it's not bad enough for people to care. Yet.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #11
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the big deer roam

Told y'all it was coming.
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #12
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Friends places and Chama, NM

Fuggin Barak has blood on his hands for letting the bump stocks get into civilians hands.....
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #13
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ya....the fact that 95% of gun owners didn't know what bump stocks were or how they operated before the media got ahold of this.

I know, I know....givem and inch, blah, blah blah. Fact is, they are after our guns all the time, even when there hasn't been a national tragedy.

I've got a 90's Hellfire still in the box I'll sell for $1500 cash if anyone missed out on the 2017 Bump Stock Grab.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #14
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Ya....the fact that 95% of gun owners didn't know what bump stocks were or how they operated before the media got ahold of this.

I know, I know....givem and inch, blah, blah blah. Fact is, they are after our guns all the time, even when there hasn't been a national tragedy.

I've got a 90's Hellfire still in the box I'll sell for $1500 cash if anyone missed out on the 2017 Bump Stock Grab.
I understand your point about most gun owners not even knowing what they are thing, but the givem an inch thing is real. If they ban bump fire stocks and someone goes out and does the same thing without one, what do you think they'll go after next? They dang sure aren't gonna say, "well we already banned bump fires so I don't think we can do anything else."
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
I understand your point about most gun owners not even knowing what they are thing, but the givem an inch thing is real. If they ban bump fire stocks and someone goes out and does the same thing without one, what do you think they'll go after next? They dang sure aren't gonna say, "well we already banned bump fires so I don't think we can do anything else."
They've been after AR's since the 80's.....we'll be ok. Yes, its stupid, pick your battles. Shift the focus to Mental Health.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #16
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
They've been after AR's since the 80's.....we'll be ok. Yes, its stupid, pick your battles. Shift the focus to Mental Health.
True, they have been. I just don't think we've ever had such spineless representatives "on our side". They pretty much fell over themselves to start this "we're open to banning bump stocks" thing. Funny how one side is always the one that "has to compromise".

The problem with the mental health thing is that they will link that to firearms. I don't want the government determining who is mentally fit to own a firearm. The leftist think that owning a firearm means your mentally unstable.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #17
Clay C
Ten Point

Nancy Pelosi has now said that "she hopes banning bump fire stocks will start the slippery slope on gun control".

That is their goal people. They don't care about bump fire stocks, they are just the conversation starter. They want your guns.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #18
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

" The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Bump stocks and silencers are not arms but add ons. My issue is if you give on these they will be more aggressive on arms. That's the slippery slope.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #19
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Yes, they want our guns. All guns. All accessories and magazines. Fortunately, that has proved to be more difficult than they expected. The easiest course of action is not to ban guns. It is to ban ammo and components. If they do that, they are 50% to where they want to be with one vote.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:56 PM   #20
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
Told y'all it was coming.
I bet you're grinnin like a little possum eatin ****. Congratulations for being part of the gun grabbing libs
Old 10-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #21
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I bet you're grinnin like a little possum eatin ****. Congratulations for being part of the gun grabbing libs
I am against bump stocks.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #22
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Why? This was the only time they have been used. It very apparent you make decisions based on emotions. So does my wife.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #23
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Quote:
Me too. That's why I have machine guns. Surely you don't have a problem with that.
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #24
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

Quote:
I like you, so a serious question.....why?
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #25
ladrones
Pope & Young

Rino's are addicted to bloated bureaucracies.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #26
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
He seems like a nice enough guy and he doesn't make me want to drop-kick the hell out of him but I have asked him pointed questions he either cannot or will not answer them. It's an emotional thing for him as with many people. He is free to dislike bump stocks and semi-austos and I support his freedoms to do so. I wish he would respectfully recognize his and our Constitutionally protected Rights of the Second Amendment. True, bump stocks are not Constitutionally protected but he wasn't advocating the abolition of bump stocks. He was supporting the abolition of all semi-automatic weapons.

I doubt if he would be so eager to have the Gubmint censor this forum or march into his home warrantless to rifle through his finances and Internet queries on a phishing expedition. Heck, during their rummaging, maybe they'll determine he owns too many guns and they need to confiscate a few. See, it's not all that fun when other Rights, more important Rights to you, get violated. Constitutional Rights do not have a numeric value. They are equal and should be equally protected because someday, your pet Right will be on the chopping block. But, you don't have anything to hide...right?
Old 10-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #27
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

Is this just a small concession to quiet the masses? I don’t know. The one time I played with a bump fire I got the impression it was a neat toy. But maybe it’s worth fighting for?? People are already burning their NRA membership cards all over farcebook.

-------------------------------
Violence never settles anything
-Genghis Kahn
Stoof is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 09:17 PM   #28
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Because I think they can too easily be used to harm people and I don't see any benefit to society by allowing them. Sure, as the poster above me said "cool toy". I'm OK without the cool toys if it adds any safety to innocent people. I bet the victims don't much care about the cool toy.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #29
Chase This!
Pope & Young

It wasn't too long ago we had a federal ban on assault rifles. Everyone's life was fine then, we knew no different. Why now is it such a big deal?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:23 PM   #30
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Since we can't blame Obama or Pelosi anymore
Who will be the scapegoat?
NRA is falling on its on sword.

First it's bumpstocks
Next it will be suppressors
Then all semi autos
Then all bolt guns
They want to leave us with muskets and slingshots
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #31
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
It wasn't too long ago we had a federal ban on assault rifles. Everyone's life was fine then, we knew no different. Why now is it such a big deal?
You do realize when there was an assault weapons ban that the gun homicide rate was higher than it is now, right?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #32
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
You do realize when there was an assault weapons ban that the gun homicide rate was higher than it is now, right?
No sir. Please post up that link. I'll read up.

But you failed to answer my question.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #33
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:

Shall not be infringed.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #34
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:

I know you won't respond but I'll have a go at your question anyway:

It WAS a big deal. It wasn't the media's pet topic so, it wasn't covered. Secondly, I don't recall being given a choice. I'm still not clear why "...shall not be infringed." is such a hard concept to grasp.

I'd like you now to answer my question:

Which Right or portion thereof are you willing to part with?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #35
M16
Pope & Young

Quote:

I'll ask again. Do you have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #36
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
I know you won't respond but I'll have a go at your question anyway:

It WAS a big deal. It wasn't the media's pet topic so, it wasn't covered. Secondly, I don't recall being given a choice. I'm still not clear why "...shall not be infringed." is such a hard concept to grasp.

I'd like you now to answer my question:

Which Right or portion thereof are you willing to part with?
It was a big deal? Why? You couldn't make a living? You couldn't protect your home? Other?

I'm willing to give up a portion of my right to bear arms. No one is suggesting we turn in all our guns.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #37
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
I'll ask again. Do you have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons?
Yes. How is that not clear to you?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #38
Ironman
Pope & Young

Here's a link.

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart...1993-and-2013/
Old 10-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #39
Chase This!
Pope & Young

I also believe a lot has changed in 226 years.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #40
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thanks.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #41
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I also believe a lot has changed in 226 years.
Yes it has. Do you think your first amendment should be limited to quill pen and paper. Surely the forefathers didn't foresee computers. That argument doesn't hold water.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #42
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes it has. Do you think your first amendment should be limited to quill pen and paper. Surely the forefathers didn't foresee computers. That argument doesn't hold water.
Holler at me when an email kills 58 people. Exaggerating of course.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #43
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Because I think they can too easily be used to harm people and I don't see any benefit to society by allowing them. Sure, as the poster above me said "cool toy". I'm OK without the cool toys if it adds any safety to innocent people. I bet the victims don't much care about the cool toy.

They’ve been around for years with no incidents. Pure knee jerk reaction in the name of ding something.

As to “benefit to society” that’s true liberalism 101. Just ask Hillary. Paraphrasing here but as she has stated “it should
be less about the individual and more about the collective society”.

Bull crap. America is all about individualism and individual liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #44
M16
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes. How is that not clear to you?
Here's something you need to read.

https://thejacknews.com/law/gun-righ...es-since-1934/
Old 10-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #45
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Won't open. Never heard of The Jack News.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #46
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Nice deer, though. Machine Gun kill?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #47
M16
Pope & Young

Quote:
Nice deer, though. Machine Gun kill?
Thanks. Handgun. Machineguns are not legal for deer. But I do love to use them on hogs.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #48
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
How is that boat you have "chase this" or the truck you have to pull it with not considered toys and objects to harm people. I promise and guarantee you sir a person could murder more with your two toys than a bump stock ever could

Last edited by BrandonA; 10-05-2017 at 10:34 PM..
Old 10-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #49
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Quote:

Quote:

Nice straw man there. But I'll play your game.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/us/mic...ing/index.html

No amendment is more important than the other. No gun of any type has ever killed anyone on its own. It's taken a lunatic every single time. Quit blaming the inanimate object and blame the lunatic that chose to use it for evil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Mike D; 10-05-2017 at 10:33 PM..
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #50
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Cyber bullying comes to mind.