Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 AM   #51
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
These players who chose to protest have the right per the constitution to do so. And I will fight for their right to protest.

I as well have the guaranteed right to protest anyway I see fit. Barely watched last year and except for a couple of hours during preseason my TV is on something else.

Make millions and scream about inequality... Please
The constitution guarantees freedom of speech but actions have consequences. Many people have been fired for exercising their freedom on social media . The other part is when your opinions or ideas impact your employers bottom line... They can't afford to keep you. I'm a believer in freedom of speech and press but you better do your homework
Hydestik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #52
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

I don't think they have the RIGHT to protest on COMPANY TIME unless the company agrees with said protest. then they can protest their @$$ off and reap the consequences.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 AM   #53
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

It's great to see Trump bring those SOB's into the spotlight once again......
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #54
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
I don't think they have the RIGHT to protest on COMPANY TIME unless the company agrees with said protest. then they can protest their @$$ off and reap the consequences.
You can't force someone to stand up for anything.
Let's say they had a prayer before a company dinner and these guys didn't want to bow their heads.
They can't be fired for that.

That's a quick way to get sued.

This whole thing has gone too far and both sides are acting silly.

I'm going tractor shopping
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #55
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
It's great to see Trump bring those SOB's into the spotlight once again......
If you don't talk about it
It will go away

The more you talk about it
The longer it stays around
Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #56
TomB
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Let's say they had a prayer before a company dinner and these guys didn't want to bow their heads.

That’s the most fractured logic I have ever heard.
TomB is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #57
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
These players who chose to protest have the right per the constitution to do so. And I will fight for their right to protest.

I as well have the guaranteed right to protest anyway I see fit. Barely watched last year and except for a couple of hours during preseason my TV is on something else.

Make millions and scream about inequality... Please
Finally a voice of reason.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #58
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
That’s the most fractured logic I have ever heard.
Fractured logic?
You can't force someone to stand for the pledge of allegiance nor put their hand over their heart during star spangled banner
Or bow their head during a prayer.

Find another reason to fire them but you better not list those as a reason.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #59
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK

Sitting, standing, who cares. If they are really serious let's see em peel off a few millions to contribute to resolving the real issue. Without that, it's just a bunch of hollow horsepuckey.

More importantly I am very happy with the way Rage Extreme 125's fly, and I sincerely hope I can sail one of them through a black bear in T minus 144hrs and counting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txpitdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #60
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

Quote:
If you don't talk about it
It will go away

The more you talk about it
The longer it stays around
This is spot on.

Don't click on the stories, they know you clicked on it and will continue to write stories based on that.
Don't watch the news that covers it, they know you watch it, and will continue to report those stories.
Don't spend your money with organizations you don't agree with. If they keep on getting money, why would they ever stop?
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #61
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Sitting, standing, who cares. If they are really serious let's see em peel off a few millions to contribute to resolving the real issue. Without that, it's just a bunch of hollow horsepuckey.

Another voice of reason.
It's all talk right now.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #62
Rack Ranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen & Duval Co. Most of the time

Nascar team owners warned that any protest will get you fired and sent home on a greyhound bus. The way it should be... I watched the Astros last night after the race.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #63
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Fractured logic?
You can't force someone to stand for the pledge of allegiance nor put their hand over their heart during star spangled banner
Or bow their head during a prayer.

Find another reason to fire them but you better not list those as a reason.
In Texas you dont have to list a reason.....just fire them. They know why, you know why but it is never spoken.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #64
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:

no one is going to force anyone to pray to a god that isn't their god; standing for the national anthem is something entirely different imo, as we are all Americans.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #65
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Kaep has donated a million ...

I enjoy football and did so yesterday. Had some great games, and the time with my Son is always a welcomed relaxation.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #66
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

I'm curious why the left is all for "freedom of speech" and protesting our national anthem, but sue store owners for not providing a cake to a gay couple.

The hypocrisy is astounding.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #67
WItoTX
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Nascar team owners warned that any protest will get you fired and sent home on a greyhound bus. The way it should be... I watched the Astros last night after the race.
I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #68
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

I love America more and have a whole lot more respect for it and the flag than the NFL. I don't watch it at all anymore. You absolutely will not catch me turning on a TV and tuning in to an NFL game.

I'm a grown man, I have higher priorites than watching a bunch of overpaid America hating crybabies play a child's game on television. Do something productive, or positive, spend time with family or loved ones with your free time when you would normally be tuned in to the NFL.

I'm sure plenty of people with weak principles will keep them tuned in. Then there are those that agree with them.
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #69
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
I'm curious why the left is all for "freedom of speech" and protesting our national anthem, but sue store owners for not providing a cake to a gay couple.

Yea x1,000,000
Attached Images

Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #70
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Quote:

It's hypocritical as usual.

Where was the NFL on freedom of speech when they cancelled Hank Williams Jr. because of comments he made on the Fox morning show after he was asked his opinion.

Pro Law enforcement is not something the NFL is either as they banned them from carrying at NFL games.

They had no problem with Beyoncé and her Black Power (Black Panthers) routine she did in the Super Bowl.

Yet they had trouble with the Cowboys uniforms remembering the LEO's killed in Dallas.

They made efforts to regulate speech of players during the game resulting in penalties yet they are for free speech.

This list could go on and on.

I hope the NFL implodes on itself.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #71
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.
Is this true? This is really big news if so.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #72
Horitexan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brushy Hill Ranch, Sabinal, TX

I'm not watching any team that I know has players who aren't standing and respecting our national anthem. I LOVE football and l have since the '70s but I can't abide this behavior! Since I work on a hunting ranch I don't get much time to watch football and I cherish the time I do- usually a recorded game late at night. I didn't make my decision lightly or easily. When our 11 year old asked why players weren't standing THAT was the last straw for me; and my wife and kids decided we'd do it together. I even took the time to write a letter to both the NFL and the Players Association explaining our stance.

I TOTALLY support players' right to protest on behalf of their beliefs, that's our nation's way. What I DONT support is them protesting on MY time, the team's time or the league's time! Protesting is something personal that you do on your OWN time, NOT while you're on the clock. These players are millionaires, EVERY one of them; and even the worst player in the NFL has access to a much bigger platform to express their socio-political beliefs than the average American. They are absolutely welcome to avail themselves of that unique opportunity, regardless of their position. When they're on the field, though, they are employees of the team and, ultimately, the fans who provide the income fueling their salaries. I can't think of another industry that would tolerate political protesting while a worker is on company time. This is yet another example of these overpaid spoiled brats being coddled beyond belief. Makes me sick! The league has rules about EVERYTHING and they get fined for wearing the wrong socks yet the league is scared to death to prohibit political protests on team/fan/league time! Pathetic.

The 1st Amendment does NOT protect you from losing your job in the private sector. You're free to say what you want but your employer can absolutely reprimand or terminate you for expressing your views or protesting on company time. So all this wailing about players' 1st Amendment rights is utter nonsense promulgated by people that are either sympathetic to the players position or cowed by them. They have EVERY right to protest whatever they would like, but just NOT during games.

Attendance has been 'off' since now unemployed Kaepernick started this nonsense last season. Hopefully this trend continues until there's a solution. Unfortunately, I think the league and the owners are SO scared of a rebellion in their stables that, ultimately, teams will follow the Steelers' lead and keep teams in the locker room until after the anthem. It's sad but at least my kids won't have to see these overpaid morons who won the genetic lottery disrespecting the very nation that provides the incredible opportunity that they enjoy! It's a small percentage of the players but it's always the 'few' that ruin things for the 'many.' Grrrrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
I would say less than 5% of the players are protesting. I didn't watch any games yesterday but, from what I'm hearing....this was in response to Trump. He needs to STFU. Not all players are un-patriotic and are getting painted with a broad brush. I hate the Steelers and anything they stand for but.......https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steeler...953591.html;)b

Trump is a convenient excuse and that's nonsense. He didn't say anything different than what most of us are saying. He didn't paint anything with a broad brush, this time. He just said that the situation would be quickly resolved if an owner or two would have the stones to walk on the field and suspend or fire a player or two for violating team policy of respecting the anthem and the nation. EVERY one of these spoiled malcontents is a Trump hater to start with. They dislike anything that comes out of his mouth no matter what he says. It's not a matter of WHAT he said, it's the fact that he said anything AT ALL that riled them up. Totally unfair to lay any blame at Trump's feet for this one. I find it 100% appropriate for the US President to weigh in on the anti-American activities of a group of high profile Americans. Make no mistake - protesting the national anthem IS anti-American.

Trump did not say or imply that all or even most players are unAmerican. His comments were directed solely at those who chose to disrespect our nation in public on game day.

Horitexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #73
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
I will not patronize these traitorous jackwagons and scumbags. Besides, it's getting close to time for the cormorants to return and chum up them big blue cats under the roosting trees. Lots of fish to be caught on Sunday mornings and I gotta do my part.

Winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #74
WItoTX
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
Is this true? This is really big news if so.
We thought maybe we were just late (Got in about 6:50). But we looked everywhere, and couldn't find a flag.

I would love to stand corrected on this, as I may have just missed it. But the flag certainly was not in an obvious location.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #75
DWC
Four Point

Hunt In: Angelina Co; public land

OK .. I am not up to date on all this football business ... the only football I see are the games where one of my baby girls are cheering ... and don't really see the football as much as I watch my baby thrown high into the air ... but ....

What is the reason that there BOYS are kneeling ? What are they protesting ? And why ONLY during the National Anthem ? Why not kneel during the entire game ?

Someone please explain ...

DWC
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #76
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
We thought maybe we were just late (Got in about 6:50). But we looked everywhere, and couldn't find a flag.

I would love to stand corrected on this, as I may have just missed it. But the flag certainly was not in an obvious location.
I have never been to an Astros game when they didnt play it. During the Anthem, all of the display screens have the flag waving. You can view which ever one is convenient for your seat location.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #77
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX

Quote:

Probably because one was against state law and the other isn't?
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #78
Rack Ranch
Ten Point

Great game to be at. Verlander is a stud. Crazy to hear you say this, Stros are usually very patriotic. So, the flag poles in left field didn't have the Texas Flag or Astros flag flying either? Just 3 empty poles there?
Quote:
Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #79
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Probably because one was against state law and the other isn't?
So how does state law trump the constitution?
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #80
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX

Quote:
So how does state law trump the constitution?
It doesn't. Which is why that state law was in line with the 14th Amendment as SCOTUS has interpreted it.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #81
CaptainDave
Ten Point

This is all the left wants...people arguing over whether players should stand for the national anthem or not.

Meanwhile, none of these so-called protestors, BLM members or anyone else for that matter want to discuss the real issues. The issues are much deeper than cops having more problems dealing with black people; that's more a side effect of the problem. Nobody wants to talk about the real problems in these black communities. You know, things like the lack of nuclear family structures, majority of children being born out of wedlock, dependence on gov't programs, dead beat dads, etc.

Heck, look at some of these millionaire athletes. Many of them even have children out of wedlock with multiple women. It's almost like it's a badge of honor for some of them.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #82
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21476/...ys-joseph-curl

Great article and has a link to NFL players arrested
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #83
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
OK .. I am not up to date on all this football business ... the only football I see are the games where one of my baby girls are cheering ... and don't really see the football as much as I watch my baby thrown high into the air ... but ....

What is the reason that there BOYS are kneeling ? What are they protesting ? And why ONLY during the National Anthem ? Why not kneel during the entire game ?

DWC
Some were protesting racial inequality....Trump says in a speech or tweet that the owners should fire those "Son's of B*tches" for disrespecting our flag and national anthem.

All the teammates stood together to show solidarity for their teammates.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #84
tonyt79
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over

I didn’t hear the exact quote from trump. But this is what I have found.

Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners — when somebody disrespects our flag — to say, 'Get that son of a b*tch off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!'"

There isn’t much to this besides what he would like to see and a what if! Interviews with players made it seem like what he had said was a personal attack on them. I could be missing more but to me it seems the NFL and media has blown this out of proportion as usual. They are almost triple dog daring playing players to take a knee for this. It was brought up and talked about in every game and every highlight show.
Sunday night football almost made it out to be a huge surprise of what’s next during the anthem, as we wait to see who stands and who doesn’t.
To me it almost seems like it’s going to get worse before getting better.

tonyt79 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #85
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

Tuned out the NBA & NFL.

Disrespected our Veterans PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!

3 Tours in Iraq - West Point Graduate - Army Rangers

The ONLY MAN IN THE NFL!

AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #86
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post

DWC
It's very hard to explain stupid. Bunch of snowflakes looking to further their cause.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #87
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21476/...ys-joseph-curl

Great article and has a link to NFL players arrested
I think we all know why so many are arrested. But forbid someone speak up on it.

The last line is the best
"So, maybe — just maybe — NFL players aren't the best ones to be preaching to America about the perils of police brutality"
Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #88
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

I'll watch the Cowboy's till a Cowboy kneels, then I'm done.
BrianL is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #89
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
Tuned out the NBA & NFL.

Disrespected our Veterans PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!

3 Tours in Iraq - West Point Graduate - Army Rangers

The ONLY MAN IN THE NFL!

flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #90
NUTT89
Six Point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NUTT89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #91
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

In short. NFL players feel they have a right to free speech. And they do not feel that the POTUS is entitled to the same free speech. Or anyone that disagrees with them. Or that Asian guy Robert Lee, who got fired for hurtful a sounding name.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 11:41 AM   #92
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

When you create an entitlement class there's no stopping what they want. Shouldn't they be entitled to break the law without consequences?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #93
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
When you create an entitlement class there's no stopping what they want. Shouldn't they be entitled to break the law without consequences?
I've been saying this for longer than I can remember. They will not stop, ever.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #94
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/DaleJr/st...84220067893248

Seems like Dale Jr. is siding with the kneelers
Old 09-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #95
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
no one is going to force anyone to pray to a god that isn't their god; standing for the national anthem is something entirely different imo, as we are all Americans.
You mean all 100k ppl in the stadium to watch the super bowl are Americans?
I doubt it.
Standing for the flag is not enforceable.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #96
Rack Ranch
Ten Point

No surprise, he has become a conformist. Glad he is getting out of the race car next month.
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DaleJr/st...84220067893248

Seems like Dale Jr. is siding with the kneelers

Last edited by Rack Ranch; 09-25-2017 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #97
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

And NFL ratings drop. Such a beautiful site to behold.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #98
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I'll watch the Cowboy's till a Cowboy kneels, then I'm done.
I was a Saints fan until yesterday. Ten of them sitting on the bench during the anthem. I'll look and see what the Cowboys do tonight. If I see them doing it then I'm through with the season.

They have the right to protest, but I have the right to not watch, buy their stuff, or endorsed products.
grizzman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #99
coop2564
Ten Point

Hunt In: STX, E. Texas and Louisiana!

Ill continue to watch Cowboys until someone kneels. Then its outdoor channel. But the rest of the teams nope I'm not watching.
coop2564 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #100
DWC
Four Point

Hunt In: Angelina Co; public land

I'm afraid many LIFE LONG COWBOYS fans will have to make a very very very difficult choice tonight ... many have made it through strikes ... player injuries ... bad coaching ... bad play on the field ... etc ... but will they ACTUALLY quit the 'Boys when some of them kneel tonight ?

It's all out of hand ...
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top