Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 07-07-2017, 02:15 AM   #101
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Dead Air Mask HD . . . Helping make new Riflemen! That moment of pride when your 5 yr old starts on the 100 yard steel because the 50 is too easy. Using his great grandfather's Savage mk II. Primary Arms FFP mil dot.

I needed to do a function check and i took my 5 year old with me. He was banging the 100 yard steel and coyote when he got bored with the 50yard steel.

Steel targets from www.418plates.com
#thepewpewlife #blackgunsmatter #evilblackrifle #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #makeamericagreatagain #weaponsfanatics #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SC-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #102
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday at the Bayou Rifles Addicks Range. If it ain't raining, we ain't training.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #103
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday at the Range was actually Friday through Sunday. Started out with fishing and both boys caught their first fish.

Wild River Ranch is the best place to hunt in Texas.

www.WildRiverRanch.net

Old 08-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #104
SC-Texas
Ten Point

We got down to shooting. I dropped a plate out at 700 yards. The wind was blowing hard. Gusting up to 20. I confirmed zero on the IR Hunter Snipe IR at 100 yards. This was mounted on my 22 AR-15. I figured it would be perfect for coons if we saw any.

I was trying a new rifle mount. The Kopfjager Reaper Grip. This is a little different from the hog saddle that I normally use. I'm still getting used to it. So far I like it. It has a plate that allows you to mount either a camera or your spotting scope next to your rifle. This allows you to get some interesting video. That also should allow me to get some interesting video with the night-vision.

The IR Hunter and Kopfjager Reaper Grip are demo units from Thirda Coast Thermal.
Dinner was some perfectly grilled steaks.

I know, I'm too indulgent. My oldest son decided to eat Beast Style. I did make him cut it and eat it properly after I let him take a couple of bites like this.

Ready for #diepiggydie. Team Wendy exfil, TNVC pvs-14 w/ stellar L3 filmless & a flir recon M24.

Colt Lights AMRAAM 1200 for visible light

wild river ranch 6.8spc w/ a 12.5" Kotonics chrome lined barrel & Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor. TNVC D-740 NV sight on top.

Trash pandas . . Fear the night . . Confirming zero with the IR Hunter Snipe IR on a .22 rimfire AR w/ the Dead Air Mask HD. Collimated and set up for coons and other varmints this weekend. This combination procedure is extremely important for the snipe IR to work as a clip-on.

#diepiggydie all dressed up and no pigs. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Sandman L, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre, Team Wendy Exfil, TNVC PVC-14.

Shooting the Savage MKii Mounted in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip. Set up for the 6 yer old.

The funny thing about the cameras with my six year old swears that he hit the target and refuses to believe me when I tell him he needs to adjust his point of aim, I can roll the tape back and let him see the miss

This is the 700 yd steel. I was shooting 147 grain Portuguese Surplus. You can see where one round skipped off the dirt in front of the target and hit sideways. Well this is not a very tight group, I was shooting Surplus Ammo with a 20 mile-an-hour gusting crosswind. I know excuses excuses

Shooting the FN SPR w/ @cruxsuppressors Archangel and Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Mounted in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #105
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Shooting the FN SPR w/ @cruxsuppressors Archangel and Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Mounted in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

The video camera adds an interesting perspective to the entire experience. I'm looking forward to running a PVS 14 on the front of that camera and shooting hogs at night

You can see the mounting plate for the video camera in this shot

700 yard IPSC

12" plate at 600 yards

Shooting the 22 AR at 300 yards with the dead air mask HD suppressor. My son was shooting his BB gun beside me

This AR-15 is optimized for shooting prairie dogs. It has a 26in AR Performance barrel and a Wilson Combat whisper suppressor. It is topped with a Zeiss optic. I was shooting out to 600 yards and hitting steel with no problem

Old 08-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #106
SC-Texas
Ten Point

These top photos show the camera and spotting scope mount for the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

I thought it was interesting. I was able to review my shots and see where I missed if I did not catch that in the optic. One thing I need to work on is getting the camera to stay oriented during recoil with the 308. That is not a Reaper grip issue. That is a camera mount equipment issue

This is a fascinating little SBR. It is a Bushmaster Carbon AR-15 with a 7 & a half inch barrel and a Wilson Combat whisper suppressor on the end.

There's something cool about waking up in the morning and walking out on the porch and starting with 19mil of elevation and the 400 yd

My oldest son is shooting his great-grandfather's Savage Mark 2 in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip. My youngest wanted to shoot his BB gun. We have a lot of work to do before they can use open sights reliably

Old 08-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #107
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Lots of pigs hit. Found these 4.

The number one lesson is shot placement. Even with a 308, it is not the magic finger of death and you have to aim and pick where you are going to shoot the pig. If you shoot them in the wrong place they will run off. Some of these pigs were shot in the right place and they still ran off.

Equipment used. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Sandman L, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre, Team Wendy Exfil, TNVC PVC-14.

www.wildriverranchllc.net 6.8spc w/ a 12.5" Kotonics chrome lined barrel & Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor. TNVC D-740 NV sight on top.

All dressed up for his 2nd pig hunt. I put the flir rm24 Recon in my six year old's hands so he would be able to see and interact as the hunt progressed

I believe that is the exit wound. If you look at the video this pig was shot in the rear as he was turning around. He ran 50 yards and dropped. My youngest was very brave to walk through the edge of the forest to get to the clearing where we found him. POF P-308. Even with a 308, shot placement is important.

This was the second pig of the night. He ran about 75 yards before he dropped and died.

Spine shot with a 6.8.

3rd pig shot on the run with the P-308

I'm using the flir rm24 Recon and the Colt lights AMRAAM 1200 to search for dead pigs in the brush

Old 08-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #108
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton

That little 1919 is cool. I bet it's a hoot.
Ammo is nice and cheap, too.��
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #109
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday at the Range. Conroe pig hunt.

#diepiggydie Shot in the head.

The 308 win with Federal 165 grain trophy bonded projectiles continues to impress.

POF P-308
IR Hunter Mk II 20mm
Dead Air Sandman L
Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover
Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

Third Coast Thermal provided the IR Hunter.

Federal 165gr Trophy bonded projectiles.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #110
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday Guns. #DiePiggyDie. POF P-308, a Dead Air Sandman L a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover with a IR Hunter Mk II from Third Coast Thermal.

I got this one on the run at about 125 yards after missing his head.

This was the perfect head shot.

I was using a TNVC pVS-14 in a Wilcox mount on a Team Wendy EXFIL ballistic helmet. I believe this is the most comfortable ballistic helmet I've ever worn.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #111
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday Guns . . . . Hurricane Harvey style. Hodge Defense AU mod 1

Old 09-19-2017, 12:39 AM   #112
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday Guns. Shooting The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover the Savage MkII w/ Dead Air Mask HD in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.
Rocking the Citizen NY0040 on the wrist.

@third_coast_thermal provided the Steiner R1X and the Reapergrip.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:29 AM   #113
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday was the first nice, comfortable day at the range that we've had since the end of April. The perfect day for sighting in one of the rifles.

I used some Surplus 147 grain NATO 308. Got what I believe or a couple of respectable groups for that ammo

Friday at the Range: The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip. Using the spotting scope camera mount to film what I'm shooting.

The new Steiner r1x had no problem hitting a 12in plate at 100 yd when zeroed at 50m. I'm going to see what ranges the lower four red dots correspond to at a later date

Enjoying a new cigar. A Drew Estates Muwat Kentucky Fire Cured cigar. It had a different taste to it. But it wasn't bad at all. Sitting on top of a Vortex Razor Gen II 4- 27

The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover next to the Remington 700 w/ magpul bottom

Box of awesome. Day, night long and short distance!

Old 09-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #114
SC-Texas
Ten Point

https://youtu.be/J3D_buRgs00

Old 09-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #115
duckmanep
Ten Point

SC - How do you like the DA Sandmans? I'm leaning that direction when I scrub up enough $$ to make the plunge.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #116
SC-Texas
Ten Point

More from Friday
Box of Awesome. Short Long and night! POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor

Remington 700 in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock w/ MagPul bottom and a Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Put together by Pitchford Gun Works.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #117
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
SC - How do you like the DA Sandmans? I'm leaning that direction when I scrub up enough $$ to make the plunge.
I've been very happy with mine. The mount is great. Never stuck the can on one yet. Sounds good to my ear.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #118
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday at the Range. Sighting in two thermal Weapon sights and a hog hunt with no hogs.
Sighting in for a hog hunt . . . Hodge Defense 16"" AU Mod 1 16" w/ Surefire socom556rc & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal. It's in a kopfjager reapergrip on a Slik tripod.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.

Managed to hit the bolt on the steel from @418plates.

Watches at the Range: Citizen 67-9356 8110a Bullhead Octagon. A Perdomo Habana was the cigar of the day.

Sighting in for a hog hunt . . . Hodge Defense 16"" AU Mod 1 16" w/ Surefire socom556rc & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal. It's in a kopfjager reapergrip on a Slik tripod.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #119
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Hunting hogs. Invited to some property in Trinity County by friend in a client. Unfortunately, there was no wind and the moon didn't come up until 4 in the morning. The Hogs did not move. In fact nothing was moving for 5 hours

Two Hodge Defense AU Mod 1s with Surefire socom556 cans & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal.

#diepiggydie Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover on the Socom556sb. Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.
The IR snipe-ir is a loner from @third_coast_thermal

This is the snipe IR in front of the Leupold day optic. Once you get used to the position it's not hard to Upright the snipe IR. The one caveat to that is it's been hard for me to reach forward while looking through the day optic to see where I am out of the menu without the rifle mounted on a shooting sticks or some other object.

The camel backpack on the ground with the team Wendy exfil helmet and the tmvc pvs-14 and Wilcox mount. The Deep Woods Off was equally Mission essential as batteries. The mosquitoes were out in force.

Waiting on the hogs in thermal.

This photo shows the DVR setup that allows recording from the snipe IR

Hog hunting with no hogs. I am running the IR defense snipe IR clip on thermal weapon sight in front of a Leupold mark 8 1 to 8 cqbss.

#diepiggydie. No hogs for me in Trinity County, but my friend in Montgomery county used his day old, new Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal to take This hog. This is on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and a YHM QD Phantom. Neck shot. Ran 20 yds and stopped. Used hornady soft point. Sounded like someone hit a mattress with a cain pole each it time

Surefire 2011, the wristwatch flashlight. This is another piece of gear that I consider to be essential. It's one of those items that when I first got it I kind of scratched my head and wondered how useful it would be. Over the last few years I don't go on a hunt without it

I've had the snipe IR for a couple of months, I've not been able to use it in the field until tonight. The image is good. As I've learned to work through the menus and change the settings, I found this to be a very usable clip-on. I am able to get good resolution up to 6 power with the Leupold Mark 8

Last edited by SC-Texas; 10-07-2017 at 06:18 PM..
Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #120
Slick8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

I wasn't there on Friday but made it on Thursday before a bow hunt for load development on my 308.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Slick8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #121
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick8 View Post
I wasn't there on Friday but made it on Thursday before a bow hunt for load development on my 308.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
What stock and suppressor is that?

Old 10-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #122
Slick8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

It's a Boyds stock in Forest Camo and a Thunderbeast Ultra 7. You did the trust for me.

I installed pillars and bedded the action.
Slick8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2017, 06:14 PM   #123
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick8 View Post
It's a Boyds stock in Forest Camo and a Thunderbeast Ultra 7. You did the trust for me.

I installed pillars and bedded the action.
That ultra 7 is a great can. I would like to hear it. Glad the trust is working.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #124
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Thursday night pig hunt! Two recovered. Two more ran off with holes in them.

#diepiggydie. No hogs yet checking the treeline with the Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal. This is on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and a YHM QD Phantom.
#thepewpewlife #blackgunsmatter #evilblackrifle #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #makeamericagreatagain #weaponsfanatics #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust
#deadairsilencers #thirdcoastthermal
#third_coast_thermal
#pulsarapex #pulsarnightvision

#diepiggydie On watch. Locked and loaded. Essential gear. Surefire 2211 wristlight/watch, A good cigar and a Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

#diepiggydie First hog using the Snipe IR. This was a Team Kill. I shot the hog with a 62gr fusion and a friend also put one in him.
Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Other gear . . . A M24 recon, Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.

Entrance above and exit belie of a 62gr fusion. 125 + yards on the run with the Snipe IR Clip on.

#diepiggydie second hog using the Snipe IR. 125 + yards on the run with a 62gr fusion.

Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Other gear . . . A M24 recon, Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #125
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday at the Range. After staying out till 2 in the morning shooting Hogs last night today is Friday Ranch trip was just a fun planking session with 22s

Friday Watches at the Range: A Citizen Skeleton from the early 70s some great .22 Subsonic ammo.

Friday Watches at the Range: A Citizen Skeleton from the early 70s some great .22 Subsonic ammo and a great Nat Sherman cigar.

Friday at the Range: Shooting the Savage MkII w/ Dead Air Mask HD.

Friday at the Range: Shooting the Savage MkII w/ AAC Element.

Friday Guns: Shooting the Fortner action Anschutz model 1727F - 22 AV. AV stands for "American Varminter", i. e. 18" threaded barrel. GemTech Subsonic. 22 through a SWR Spectre.

Friday Guns. Shooting the Browning Challenger w/ red dot at 50 yards. Rolex Sea Dweller for added style.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #126
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday Guns. Shooting the Browning Challenger w/ red dot at 50 yards. A Citizen Skeleton from the early 70s for added style. some great .22 Subsonic ammo and a great Nat Sherman cigar.

Citizen week continues. The Citizen Skeleton 8060A from the early 70s!

Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #127
QuackHunter
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
Friday Guns . . . . Hurricane Harvey style. Hodge Defense AU mod 1

Awesome setup man, what bag is that? The size looks nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #128
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackHunter View Post
Awesome setup man, what bag is that? The size looks nice

Maxpedition and I forgot the model

Old 10-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #129
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Deer Season 2017 has opened on Wild River Ranch. Two management bucks and a small midnight pig were the weekend tally.

Opening Day. Zero confirmation. The moment of the shot. You can see the gas escaping from both the suppressor and the ejection port.

The POF P-308, w/ Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Zero confirmation with the POF P-308 and a Romeo and Julieta cigar

The POF P-308, w/ Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Sighting the Snipe IR in on the .22 at 50 yards as a dedicated weapon sight. Used the kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip to secure the rifle.

The IR Hunter snipe-ir is from @third_coast_thermal.

Deer Season 2017 Opening Day. First buck down. Wild River Ranch formerly MLD3 now conservation option cooperator. Using the suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.
#wildriverranch

#diepiggydie 110yd midnight spine shot. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air key-mo mount.
@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter.

Deer Season 2017 Day 2. Second Management buck down. He was walking into the treeline at 110 yards and turned as I shot. He never stopped moving before heading for the treeline. Exit wound is shown. Not an optimal angle. Entry was in the proper spot on the neck. Wild River Ranch formerly MLD3 now conservation option cooperator. Using the suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a surefire SOCOM762RC & a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

Zero confirmation Remington 700 6.8 w/ a Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #130
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Deer Season 2017

Deer Season 2017. Opening day. First deer. Late drop fawn and mother.

Can you see me now? Trash Panda. I'll have the suppressed .22 this evening.

Shadow of th e hunter.

Deer Season 2017 Opening Day. Waiting in deer blind. Using the suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.
#wildriverranch

Gas

Enjoying a Romeo and Julieta Reserve before the evening hunt. Surefire 2211 for lighting the night and telling time.

Traveling light

My oldest preparing and helping cook the Deer heart

Old 10-17-2017, 11:09 PM   #131
RAINCO
Spike

Hunt In: Texas

Lots of cool stuff on this thread...
RAINCO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #132
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINCO View Post
Lots of cool stuff on this thread...
Post some of your stuff in it

Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 AM   #133
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

Man Sean, I need to come shoot with y’all!

savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #134
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Great pics and glad to see kiddos getting involved.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #135
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Thursday Hog Hunt and Friday at the Range.

#diepiggydie We stalked up on this boar as he was eating corn under a feeder. He was tall. Stood halfway up the legs. We got to about 100 or 110 yards. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Key-Mo mount, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

Friday at the Range. The line.
The POF P-308, w/ Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Surefire SOCOM762RC in a Kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip. There's a Pig Saddle in the back.

Friday Watches at the Range: enjoying the Rolex Day Date w/ Blue Sapphire dial and a Romeo and JulietaReserve cigar

The Savage Mk II and Dead Air Mask HD in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

Shooting a .300 Norma Mag with a Crux Ark30 off the kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip.

Custom Remington 700. Evelio McDonald built this masterpeice. 20” Shilen 4-groove ratchet 1:8”, Defiance bolt stop, Badger mini tactical bolt knob, Bell & Carlson M40 stock, Seekins Precision bipod rail, Atlas bipod, NF 3.5-15x56, Leupold mounts and Jewell trigger. The Suppressor is a Crux Archangel 30.

Badger mini tactical bolt knob,

Defiance bolt stop and Atlas bipod

Crux Archangel 30

Pig Saddle

Stirling Diver, Artifice horoworks SKX Enhanced, Rolex Sea dweller and Rolex Day Date

Friday Watches at the Range: The Rolex Day Date w/ Blue Sapphire dial in 18k gold.

Artifice Horoworks SKX Enhanced and a Romeo Y Julieta Reserve

Xterra at the Range. Fits all I need.

Mind the Gap! Charlie don't surf and Tundras don't float!

@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter.
#deadairsilencers #thirdcoastthermal
#third_coast_thermal
#coltlights #pofusa #pofusa #deadairsilencers #riflesonly

Old 10-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #136
SC-Texas
Ten Point

https://youtu.be/mLJSmD34lM0

Old 10-28-2017, 05:46 PM   #137
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday At the Range. A deer hunt on Wild River Ranch.

This morning, we had two 3 to 3.5yr old 8 8pts, a 2yr old 8pt, a 2yr old 6pt, a 2yr 5pt and a 2 year old spike. All breeding age.

Sighting in the Snipe-IR on the POF P-415. GemTech Trek Ti w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover all in a kofpflager Reaper Grip.

@third_coast_thermal provided the Trijicon SNIPE-IR and the Reapergrip. Contact third coast thermal for open box demo sale prices.

SAS Dublinh for telling the time

Neighbors cows ate 400lbs of corn in a week.

Deer Season 2017 3rd weekend No doe moving. Management buck down. Wild River Ranch formerly MLD3 now conservation option cooperator. Using the suppressed POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.
#wildriverranch

Entry wound of a .308win 165gr Gameking

Exit wound of a .308win 165gr Gameking

Perfectly grilled Steak, potatoes and the surefire 2211 Wrist watch light.

#surefirewristlight #surefire2211 #watches

Deer/Hog huntijng EDC. Glock 23, bianchi holster, Colt Lights AMRAM Judge, Surefire 2211 Wristlight/watch, Emerson CQC, Flir M24 Recon, CK Knives Sheath knife

Deer Season 2017. #stilllookingfordoe

This set of photos show why young spikes are not kept around.

This morning, we had two 3 to 3.5yr old 8 8pts, a 2yr old 8pt, a 2yr old 6pt, a 2yr 5pt and a 2 year old spike. All breeding age.

Cutting through the fog with a Trijicon Snipe-IR

A young 2yr old 6pt in the fog.

The rack is 3mil wide at 80 yards. So around 10"?

Deer Season 2017. A pair of 3.5yr old 8 points in the fog. Giving them a few more years to grow.

A nice 3.5yr old 8pt. The rack is 5 mil at 80 yards. Around 16" across.

Same age class. 8pts but much narrower rack

The two 3 to 3.5 yr old 8pts together.

The 2yr old 5pt. pt

Deer Season 2017 5 point buck. Compare this to the two 3 to 3.5yr old 8 8pt bucks.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #138
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Hogs. No deer.
POF P-308 ready for action.

Deer Season 2017. Enjoying a the breeze and Diesel #cigar at IHOP. Looking for a coyote on the gut pile 200yards downrange.

Hurricane Harvey damage on the San Antonio River

Enjoying a Fallen Angel Cigar

Saturday night Hog. #diepiggydie scowl becuase the lens cover flipped down and i missed another pig. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Key-Mo mount, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

#diepiggydie Daylight pig Right in the eye at 125 yards. .POF P-308, Vortex Razor HD 5-20, Surefire SOCOM762RC and a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #139
SC-Texas
Ten Point

#diepiggydie Team shoot. 4 pigs down with a team effort. My friend earned the bacon award for high score! He was stacking the bacon, 3 down, with a Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal on a 7.62x39mm upper and a Crux Archangel suppressor.

@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter and the Pulsar.

High score. . . . Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal on a 7.62x39mm upper and a Crux Archangel suppressor.

The POF P-308 was using the Trijicon (IR Hunter) Snipe-IR 35mm in dedicated sight mode. The POF has a Dead Air Key-Mo mount module, a rifles only HAD suppressor cover.

Before it got dark, I used the kopfjager Reaper grip for sighting it.

Loaded for Hog

Murder truck. Tuesday bloody Tuesday

Last edited by SC-Texas; 11-05-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Old 11-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #140
trc260
Four Point

Typical, I don't drink so no one else should. Looks like a great day to me
trc260 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 PM   #141
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trc260 View Post
Typical, I don't drink so no one else should. Looks like a great day to me
Huh? It was fun.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #142
SmallTownHunter
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleywack97 View Post
I like it too, just dont understand the watch pictures.
I dont get it either.
SmallTownHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #143
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownHunter View Post
I dont get it either.
I think that is been explain multiple times in the thread. Read through it.

However, as they say, if you get it you get it, if you don't you don't

Old 11-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #144
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
I think that is been explain multiple times in the thread. Read through it.

However, as they say, if you get it you get it, if you don't you don't

Yep. I think some people troll threads looking for something to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #145
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Yep. I think some people troll threads looking for something to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They could always post photos of their hunt and range trips.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #146
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

Does that tripod not adjust for height ? Reason I ask is every one is bent over at a weird angle ( can't be comfortable) except the guy in light cooled cloths. Kids and adults seem to hunch over.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #147
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

I give Sean as hard a time as anyone, but if you don't like this picture, there is something wrong with you.

35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #148
SC-Texas
Ten Point

#diepiggydie A friend and gun trust client shot this hog last Friday. He was using a gemtech sandstorm on a 12.5" ARP barrel in 6.8spc.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #149
SC-Texas
Ten Point

#diepiggydie Something we don't see everyday. An AKM with a thermal. This Texasguntrust.com client is waiting on his dead air Wolverine. I am notnsure of the brand of ALL or the mount, but this is a ATN Thor supplies by Able Ammo in Conroe.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #150
SC-Texas
Ten Point

Friday at The Range worked on some ammo testing and zeroed the Trijicon SNIPE-IR as a dedicated weapon sight.

That's the new Eaton Tactical case insert for organizing a pelican 1750

The POF P-308 with the Snipe IR clip on thermal on the kopfjager-industries Reaper Grip. Bith from Third Coast Thermal. The thermal is being used as a dedicated weapon sight.

The Omega Speedmaster Pro Moon watch ref 3570.50 and a Montecristo platinum

Missed the big target and hit the leg

Shooting the 3" plate at 100 yards with the SNIPE iR