Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #101
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
I'm afraid many LIFE LONG COWBOYS fans will have to make a very very very difficult choice tonight ... many have made it through strikes ... player injuries ... bad coaching ... bad play on the field ... etc ... but will they ACTUALLY quit the 'Boys when some of them kneel tonight ?

It's all out of hand ...
I think that is what some in the NFL aren't getting yet. It isn't that hard of a choice for MANY people. Die hards will always be there watching, but it takes the masses for NFL to make money.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #102
czechgrubworm
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West of Mertzon/Vance

If everyone had more God in their lives, really had God in their daily living,
and lived their lives for him, all this would not be a problem at all.
czechgrubworm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #103
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
I have never been to an Astros game when they didnt play it. During the Anthem, all of the display screens have the flag waving. You can view which ever one is convenient for your seat location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Great game to be at. Verlander is a stud. Crazy to hear you say this, Stros are usually very patriotic. So, the flag poles in left field didn't have the Texas Flag or Astros flag flying either? Just 3 empty poles there?
I have never been to pro game in general where they didn't play it. I looked at my photo's I can't see a flag anywhere. Both of us spent a good 5 min looking too.

I figured the screens would show it, but either we got in too late, or they didn't play it. I am positive the last game I was at, the played it right before the players take the field. That was a year ago. This leads me to believe it never got played.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #104
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Quote:
I'm afraid many LIFE LONG COWBOYS fans will have to make a very very very difficult choice tonight ... many have made it through strikes ... player injuries ... bad coaching ... bad play on the field ... etc ... but will they ACTUALLY quit the 'Boys when some of them kneel tonight ?

It's all out of hand ...
Not me.....can't judge the entire team over a few bad apples. This protest was barely a blip on the radar until Trump opens his big fuggin mouth.....again.

Be president and STFU. Surely he has more important things to do with his time?
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #105
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Not me.....can't judge the entire team over a few bad apples. This protest was barely a blip on the radar until Trump opens his big fuggin mouth.....again.

You have/had the choice. You choose to ignore the problem and keep watching.
Your choice.

So when a team hires a rapist (or some other extreme example) I don't want to see any judging the team.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #106
Christianhuff
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kansas, Oklahoma, Collin County

I never have understood grown men watching grown men have fun when they could be doing something fun themselves. It slays me when my buddies say they can't go hunting or fishing because they are watching a football game instead.
Christianhuff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #107
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
You have/had the choice. You choose to ignore the problem and keep watching.
Your choice.

So when a team hires a rapist (or some other extreme example) I don't want to see any judging the team.
LoL Peyton manning laid his nards on a woman's face.
Rothlisberger settled like 3 rape cases in one summer.
Ray Lewis did a jail term for ...... MURDER

The NFL is full of thugs (Vick, Carruth) and sexual predators (Peyton, Big Ben)
I almost forgot about Darren Sharper total creep

Last edited by texansfan; 09-25-2017 at 02:59 PM..
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 03:29 PM   #108
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
LoL Peyton manning laid his nards on a woman's face.
Rothlisberger settled like 3 rape cases in one summer.
Ray Lewis did a jail term for ...... MURDER

The NFL is full of thugs (Vick, Carruth) and sexual predators (Peyton, Big Ben)
I almost forgot about Darren Sharper total creep
Yup. A whole lot of thugs in the NFL for sure. It's made up of a majority of people who wouldn't be able to work in any other environment that were made millionaires over night for being athletic. Which is partly why this whole thing is so annoying. Joe blow who works his A$# off to support his wife and kids is being told by a bunch of millionaires, many of who would probably be unemployable without the NFL, that the country he loves and pays taxes to isn't worth standing for.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 03:32 PM   #109
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

Do you really think he can't tweet about this while his main focus is on other things? Plus, it's a social issue that has the attention of a lot of the country. It's not just about football, it's about pop culture hating this country. He simply gave an opinion on a popular topic.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #110
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

And Brittney Griner beat up and concussed her pregnant lesbo wife, Glory Johnson. Luckily I have been protesting the WNBA for years.

You can take it one step further for all entertainers. Shoot, even Marv Albert has had runins that would make the average person pretty much unhireable.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #111
Capt.Brown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

What about when the NFL wouldn't let the cowboys honor the Dallas cops that were murdered, but at the same time letting Kaperneck were pig socks.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #112
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Do you really think he can't tweet about this while his main focus is on other things? Plus, it's a social issue that has the attention of a lot of the country. It's not just about football, it's about pop culture hating this country. He simply gave an opinion on a popular topic.
That's a good question I'm not sure about. I don't think his comments have brought a lot of positives. D-heads kneeling at a football game don't really effect me.....having to pay our $15K+ yearly for the BS health insurance that obamacare steamrolled effects me! I'm bothered more by having to Press 1 for English and my astronomical tax rate than those d-heads kneeling at a football game.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #113
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
That's a good question I'm not sure about. I don't think his comments have brought a lot of positives. D-heads kneeling at a football game don't really effect me.....having to pay our $15K+ yearly for the BS health insurance that obamacare steamrolled effects me! I'm bothered more by having to Press 1 for English and my astronomical tax rate than those d-heads kneeling at a football game.
I can't argue that, but the other stuff you mentioned is in the news too. My point is, I don't think taking a couple of seconds to tweet about/mention this during a press conference hinders someones ability to work on other things.

Besides, it's congress who needs to get to work on health care and tax reform.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #114
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yup. A whole lot of thugs in the NFL for sure. It's made up of a majority of people who wouldn't be able to work in any other environment that were made millionaires over night for being athletic. Which is partly why this whole thing is so annoying. Joe blow who works his A$# off to support his wife and kids is being told by a bunch of millionaires, many of who would probably be unemployable without the NFL, that the country he loves and pays taxes to isn't worth standing for.

bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #115
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianhuff View Post
I never have understood grown men watching grown men have fun when they could be doing something fun themselves. It slays me when my buddies say they can't go hunting or fishing because they are watching a football game instead.
Precisely! It almost a religion to some people. Crazy
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #116
Commandbro
Six Point

Hunt In: Where ever Possible

Quote:
Fractured logic?
You can't force someone to stand for the pledge of allegiance nor put their hand over their heart during star spangled banner
Or bow their head during a prayer.

Find another reason to fire them but you better not list those as a reason.
Untrue. These players are paid to perform a task. Should they make standing during the national anthem one of those tasks and they fail to do so, there is grounds for termination.

Also, the NFL league rule book states:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So, if the NFL doesn't fine the player and the team for said infraction, and the owner won't enforce the fact that part of what they are paid to do is to adhere to all NFL rules, the problem is much bigger than some whiney overpaid diva who wouldn't cut it in a real battle.

Big wimps, most run off the field as soon as they get a mild sprain.
Commandbro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #117
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandbro View Post
Untrue. These players are paid to perform a task. Should they make standing during the national anthem one of those tasks and they fail to do so, there is grounds for termination.

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So, if the NFL doesn't fine the player and the team for said infraction, and the owner won't enforce the fact that part of what they are paid to do is to adhere to all NFL rules, the problem is much bigger than some whiney overpaid diva who wouldn't cut it in a real battle.

There you have it. This shat should have been squashed last freaking year!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #118
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Elk in CO....Deer in Lyons, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandbro View Post

Just to clarify that the language above is from the NFL Game Operations Manual not the NFL Rule Book....that's for the actual playing rules of the game like holding penalties, PI, etc.....

It is a part of the game operations manual, which is distributed to all 32 teams, according to NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy.

McCarthy said that the policy has been in place for several years, pre-dating protests that began during the 2016 season.

"It’s policy, it’s not a rule. I think where people are getting confused is, rules, that’s like holding or defensive pass interference, that’s a rule. This is policy," McCarthy said.

McCarthy confirmed that the league will not assess penalties to players who either did not take the field for the anthem or who protested

I've heard countless NFL players stating that they want to show team unity and that's why they locked arms and even placed their hand on the players kneeling. Well that's not what the American people want....we want you to show unity to the country and to the flag above all else! We could give two craps about your team unity. If you have an unpatriotic piece of garbage on the team why would you want to be unified with him. The idiots just don't get it.

Dang shame the NFL is run by wimpy, PC libtarbs who can't see they are killing their own brand. To heck with them.
unclefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #119
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

I was out mowing , did any Cowboys kneel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 08:59 PM   #120
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I was out mowing , did any Cowboys kneel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I tuned in to watch. No one kneeled (including Arizona) during the National Anthem, at least from what I saw. The patriotism was pretty strong on the field and in the stadium.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 09:09 PM   #121
Jayt22
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cracka county

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
Huntin channel. Is there really any sport more important than that anyway? I don't think so.

My opinion ain't worth much though. I don't care anything about sports in general.
Same here!
Jayt22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #122
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
Tuned out the NBA & NFL.

Disrespected our Veterans PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!

3 Tours in Iraq - West Point Graduate - Army Rangers

The ONLY MAN IN THE NFL!

Alejandro Villanueva's jersey becomes an overnight best-seller after he stands for anthem................
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2017, 12:16 AM   #123
texasnavy05
Eight Point

Hunt In: Snook, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Alejandro Villanueva's jersey becomes an overnight best-seller after he stands for anthem................
did you see his interview today? he basically said he screwed up the plan and had zero intention of being the only player out there. and, he was trying to walk back into the tunnel but he didnt have time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #124
texasnavy05
Eight Point

why was nobody upset about the fact that no one is putting their hand over their heart? as a kid, i learned that is what you do. very few (if any) players or spectators do this anymore and its always bothered me. now, somebody kneels and its an issue. how do we know where the line is drawn before media coverage and outrage ensue?

Old 09-26-2017, 05:41 AM   #125
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
why was nobody upset about the fact that no one is putting their hand over their heart? as a kid, i learned that is what you do. very few (if any) players or spectators do this anymore and its always bothered me. now, somebody kneels and its an issue. how do we know where the line is drawn before media coverage and outrage ensue?

Pledge of Allegiance. ....you're confused. Be outraged though.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #126
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

I wonder how many here stand for the national anthem in their living room or at the sports bar. The flag is up, it's playing, do you stand and honor it while it plays live on the tv?

In our home we do.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #127
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
did you see his interview today? he basically said he screwed up the plan and had zero intention of being the only player out there. and, he was trying to walk back into the tunnel but he didnt have time.

Yeah that was disappointing. However, since Mike Tomlin was apparently PO'd, i'm not sure I believe it.

I also saw that Ben Roethlisberger said he made a mistake and should have walked out and stood.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #128
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
I wonder how many here stand for the national anthem in their living room or at the sports bar. The flag is up, it's playing, do you stand and honor it while it plays live on the tv?

In our home we do.

No. But I do have a flag flying in my front yard everyday. Does that count or am I anti-American?
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #129
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Yeah that was disappointing. However, since Mike Tomlin was apparently PO'd, i'm not sure I believe it.

I also saw that Ben Roethlisberger said he made a mistake and should have walked out and stood.
These guys are all over the place and have PR reps telling them what to say depending on the polls and how it will effect their endorsements
Old 09-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #130
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
These guys are all over the place and have PR reps telling them what to say depending on the polls and how it will effect their endorsements
Exactly correct.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #131
texasnavy05
Eight Point

Quote:
Pledge of Allegiance. ....you're confused. Be outraged though.
not sure if you were serious, but there's this...

Old 09-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #132
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
not sure if you were serious, but there's this...

No, not serious. We've had this argument on this site before. Most of it started in '08 when the picture of Obama standing with his hands by his side.

Happily, the Primary and Elementary schools my boys go to still practice the proper Pledge and Anthem etiquette. They say the Pledge to Texas also.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM   #133
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post

In our home we do.

I do, at the position of attention, with my hand over my heart.
grizzman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #134
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:

And the PR firms are in LA and NYC with their fingers on the pulse of average fly over state Americans obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #135
whiskers
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Gonzalez Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.
I witnessed four National Anthems at Astros games this season. My grandsons HS band played the anthem on the field in the August game at 6:45pm. The screen display above right center field had a giant flag on it. Old glory was on its pole down the fowl line. I suspect nothing has changed and you arrived just after the anthem.

If even one Texan player kneels or sits during the anthem I'll be thru with them and all of the NFL.
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #136
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

I didn't write this, but I find it to be extremely accurate!

..When my president lied to me and claimed 4 of my comrades were murdered because of a video insulting Muslims...I didn't take a knee.

When my president shipped pallets of cash to my sworn enemy...I didn't take a knee.

When my president failed to identify Muslims as terrorists and Islam as an enemy of the state...I didn't take a knee.

When my president claimed that a man who tried to kill another man who lawfully defended himself could be his son...I didn't take a knee.

When my president defended a thug who bum rushed law enforcement...I didn't take a knee.

When my president ordered businesses to spend unnecessary funds to appease a minority of people who need mental intervention far more than they need their own toilet...I didn't take a knee.

When my president ordered that words 'one nation under God' be removed from the pledge of allegiance...I didn't take a knee.

When my president lied to me and said I could keep my doctors and my premiums would go down...I didn't take a knee.

When my president spent my tax dollars in foreign lands to interfere in their elections...I didn't take a knee.

While my president sat by passively and enabled ISIS to emerge as a stronger force dedicated to spreading Islamic ideals by committing murder, rape and torture...I didn't take a knee.

When my president allowed dictators and murderers to violate his red lines and continue to murder women and children with chemical gas...I didn't take a knee.

When my president chastised law enforcement for their actions but ignored the violence in our streets...I didn't take a knee.

When my president identified the weather as the greatest threat to America's safety while Muslims worldwide are murdering innocent people...I didn't take a knee.

While my president's insistence that pacifism and reform in numerous areas of the globe would bring peace but instead led to the strengthening of those that seek to destroy us...I didn't take a knee.

When the election of my president broke barriers never thought possible in America ended up being the high point of his eight years in office...I didn't take a knee.

In all that time I never disrespected our Country, our Armed Forces and Veterans, or our Nation. I remained vigilant. And I got a new president.
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #137
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:

It's all out of hand ...
No cowboy will kneel
I wonder what the line is on something like that
sportsbook here I come

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/d...t-odds-9910620

Last edited by texansfan; 09-28-2017 at 05:40 PM..