Tilt and Trim stuck on Johnson 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the cowling off and followed the wires I could hear and feel the relays clicking when I pushed the up and down on the motor. I waited about 15/20 minutes later tried it again it went down a little and has not budged since.

I got a 150vmax that airlocks sometimes.

Blow some air in it and it works.

Comment

Chances are the relay is bad. It went out on a Johnson I had. Are you on the water?

Comment

Tap on the relays. Or loosen the emergency valve below the motor and try and move by hand.

Comment

Is there not a screw on the cylinder to let pressure off to lower?

Comment

do you have 2 switches? If the front one works I would get some Electrical Cleaner and spray the motor switch. Could be some corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              Chances are the relay is bad. It went out on a Johnson I had. Are you on the water?
              Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Tap on the relays. Or loosen the emergency valve below the motor and try and move by hand.
              Originally posted by timberking View Post
              Is there not a screw on the cylinder to let pressure off to lower?
              thanks -it was yesterday,ruined my daughter birthday trip- winched it back on the trailer-gonna try the screw today after work, the "air lock thing" seems likely-thank you

Comment

His Johnson's stuck up...
                after 4 hrs they say to consult with a physician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure but the older models had 2 relays, one for down and another for up.

If motor was stuck up, swap relays and trim motor down. Swap relays back, take off and trim motor up after on plane and you can get back to ramp quickly rather than putting along with motor trimmed way up all the way back to ramp

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    this

Comment

yeah remember I'm 90
                      Last edited by HoustonR6ryda; 08-18-2017, 12:14 PM. Reason: HIX post

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Not sure but the older models had 2 relays, one for down and another for up.

If motor was stuck up, swap relays and trim motor down. Swap relays back, take off and trim motor up after on plane and you can get back to ramp quickly rather than putting along with motor trimmed way up all the way back to ramp
                        yes it's two I can hear and feel both clicking when I try the switch

Comment

Swap the relays. Just because the coil is energizing doesn't mean contests are closing. Had this problem once before. Bad contacts in the relay.

Comment

Is there a "locking pin" that could be pushed in preventing t from moving?

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
                              Swap the relays. Just because the coil is energizing doesn't mean contests are closing. Had this problem once before. Bad contacts in the relay.
                              thanks-gonna try replacing them both after -I bleed it tomorrow,it seemed kinda intermittent,some time later I tried the down switch and it went bout 2 inches-kinda hoping I got an"airlock" in the cylinder

Comment

Working...
                              X