X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion - 5 of 7
    "SEE"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 11:26-16:17, Isaiah 44:11-45:5, 1 Corinthians 5:9-13, 1 John 4:1-6)

Yeshua/Jesus said He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He does not change nor do His commandments. Only through Israel’s obedience to the Words given Moses can David’s fallen tent/covenant be rebuilt, and when restored it is called the renewed Covenant/Brit Chadasha, or New Testament. The Davidic Covenant (or re-newed testimony of Yahweh’s Words) is written to the seed of David for the sole purpose of the restoration of the House David. The words of Moses are still the foundation upon which we build. This is the Gospel of Yeshua/Jesus. The New Testament/Brit Chadasha confirms this and quotes Moses in two thirds of its writings (John 1:1, 14; Hebrews 13:8).

Isaiah 66:1 Thus says Yahweh: “Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?”

The Acts 2 outpouring and the Jerusalem Council’s decision approximately twenty-five years after Yeshua’s ministry on earth were directly tied to the teaching given to Moses atop Mount Sinai. Today, this teaching has just as much power and authority as the day it was first received. Without Moses there would be no re-newed life in the Messiah, no Promised Land, no priesthood/Bride of Messiah and no authority on earth. Neither Messiah without Torah nor Torah without Messiah can contain what we need for a full life. Only Messiah in Torah and Torah with the Messiah’s Spirit gives LIFE to those searching for true resurrection life.

If we walked into a synagogue or assembly/church today, would we hear the Gospel as taught by Moses? Would we hear a good report from the Land? If we were on the verge of a huge revival with thousands about to return to Yeshua’s ways what would we share with them? Would we uphold the document written by the Jerusalem Council with the four foundational laws relating to blood that Paul taught in Acts 15 and Acts 21 along with the testimony of Yeshua? Which mission’s board or council would we obey today: Man’s or Yeshua’s? (John 5:46-47; Hebrew 13:8).

Deuteronomy 12:23 “Only be strong not to eat the blood.”

Ezekiel 33:25 “Therefore, say to them, Thus says the Yahweh your Elohim, ‘You eat meat with the blood in it, lift up your eyes to your idols as you shed blood. Should you then possess the land?’”

Yahweh instructs us to not to eat/consume blood five times in Deuteronomy chapter twelve and concludes with, “Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of Yahweh” (Deuteronomy 12:28).

Meat Today

Many slaughter houses today use various methods including chemical (carbon monoxide), mechanical (steel bolt or gunshot to the brain) even electrical shock. These methods can cause stress, which can affect the finished quality of the meat. Some may be deprived of water, handled roughly or suffer from exhaustion due to transportation which also adds to the stress level, which in turn affects the meat we consume. Stress prior to slaughter causes stored glycogen (sugar) to be released into the bloodstream. After slaughter, this is broken down in the muscles producing lactic acid spoiling the meat very quickly, which again affects the consumer. Once the heart stops beating the life-blood has no means to keep it circulating so it stops. All the contaminants contained in the blood then start to pool within the cavity. Within 10-15 minutes blood begins to coagulate. If the animal is not properly bled, the blood contaminates the meat, which then makes it unfit for human consumption. If an animal is handled in this manner the resulting ‘meat’ is the same as that of a strangled animal. Strangled animals are forbidden in Scripture.

Dr. Temple Grandin is a designer of livestock handling facilities and a Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University. Facilities she has designed are located in the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries. In North America, almost half of the cattle are handled in a center track restrainer system that she designed for regular meat and even kosher slaughter houses. Curved chute and race systems for cattle are used worldwide and her writings on the flight zone and other principles of grazing animal behavior have helped many people to reduce stress on their animals during handling.

In a Biblically clean/kosher slaughter the heart pumps the life-blood out just before death occurs. Thus impure properties in the blood are not consumed when eating the meat (Deuteronomy 12:25). Remember to keep in mind Yahweh’s words the next time we purchase meat at the store or order in a restaurant. Also, a halal kill is not a kosher kill. With halal a prayer is said during slaughter giving it over to Allah and Mohammed his prophet. A believer is not to bow down to another god nor have another god before them. Halal is meat given over to an idol rendering it unclean for a believer to consume. This was exactly what the Jerusalem Council warned believers against.

Koshering or de-blooding Meat

Place the meat in a container(cooler) and cover it completely with cool water, sprinkled liberally with salt and let soak 30-60 minutes. Thoroughly rinse meat twice with tap water and cook according to your favorite recipe.

Falsifying Yahweh’s Gospel - A Warning against False Prophets(Deuteronomy 13:1-18)

In Deuteronomy 13 Yahweh says He will test His people to see if they will wholeheartedly obey His Words spoken to Moses by allowing a false prophet posing as a ‘brother’ to speak a false gospel in their midst. If believers know and keep Yahweh’s Words they will be able to swiftly discern that false prophet among them. Believers are not to tolerate any false words or allow anyone to plant doubt in their minds of what Yahweh really said. If we know His word we will not be enticed away from walking in His instructions and we will not be deterred from inheriting the Promised Land or pursuing holiness as the Bride of Yeshua. This is why believers are to know Moses (John 5:46-47). It is up to us to learn and understand the difference between what is clean and holy versus what is unclean and unholy, and to test all words against the Word of Yahweh. If we do not, Yahweh will continue to send these people into our midst to test us. If we tolerate them in our midst, perhaps under a false banner of inclusion and love, then the whole camp will weaken causing separations and in some cases, completely dissolve.

Ezekiel 13:2-9 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of Yahweh! Thus says the Lord/Adonai GOD/Elohim: ‘Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! O Israel, your prophets are like foxes in the deserts. You have not gone up into the gaps to build a wall for the house of Israel to stand in battle on the day of Yahweh. They have envisioned futility and false divination, saying, ‘Thus says Yahweh!’ But Yahweh has not sent them; yet they hope that the word may be confirmed. Have you not seen a futile vision, and have you not spoken false divination? You say, ‘Yahweh says,’ but I have not spoken.’ Therefore thus says the Lord/Adonai GOD/Elohim: ‘Because you have spoken nonsense and envisioned lies, therefore I am indeed against you,’ says the Lord/Adonai GOD/Elohim. ‘My hand will be against the prophets who envision futility and who divine lies; they shall not be in the assembly of My people, nor be written in the record of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord/Adonai GOD/Elohim.’”

Leadership must pray and seek Yahweh about separating the false speaker from influencing others by taking them outside the camp seven days, where they can come to a place of mentorship leading to redemption. By the end of this reasonable period and after their repentance to Yahweh followed by a mikvah/baptism, the speaker’s infection (false teaching), if cleared up, will allow him to return to the community. If he or she is found to be an unrepentant false interpreter then they will not be allowed to return into the camp. We see this same teaching on false brothers in the New Testament/Brit Chadasha in 1 Corinthians 5: 9-13 and 1 John 4:1-6.

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 “I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world [one who is not born again/in the Abrahamic Covenant] or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother [one who is born again/in the Abrahamic Covenant], who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner - not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside [not believers]? Do you not judge those who are inside [the Covenant of Abraham]? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore put away from yourselves the evil person [one who is born again/in the Abrahamic Covenant walking willfully in the sinful fleshly worldly nature].”

1 John 4:1-4 “Beloved, do not believe every spirit [words/teachings (John 6:63, Psalms 33:6)], but test the spirits [words], whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit [Word] of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”

Acts 18:24-26 “Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John. So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside [separated him] and explained to him the way of God more accurately.”

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 “Now if anyone [Believer] builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones [or] wood, hay, straw, each one’s [Believer’s] work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s [Believer’s] work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s [Believer’s] work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s [Believer’s] work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.”

continues tomorrow...

Amen!

Comment

Working...
    X