D Day Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D Day Anniversary

On this day in History the US Army launched the largest seaborne invasion ever to be conducted in history and stomped a mud hole in the enemies *** as is their proud tradition. God bless.

The U.S. Army remembers June 6, 1944: The World War II D-Day invasion of Normandy, France.

God Bless all those brave warriors!
    DEFINITELY the Greatest Generation.

Comment

Pulled this off one my cousin's posts this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	24542304

Comment

A special thanks to those who served. the baddest dues who ever lived!

Comment

Gonna' break out Saving Private Ryan dvd tonight. I know it's just a movie but that sure is a gut wrenching depiction of the landing .

Comment

Omaha beach....“There are two kinds of men out here! The dead! And those who are about to die! So let’s get the hell off this beach and at least die inland.”

Comment

Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                Pulled this off one my cousin's posts this morning.

[ATTACH]910675[/ATTACH]

My Grandfather was a member of the 82nd Airborne Paragliders. He went into Normady in a paper airplane basically. Very few in the Gliders made it past that night. PawPaw as we called him did. He went on to fight throughout Germany until the surrender.

Comment

Toured Normandy and visited the beach and cemetery in 2015. Sacred place, amazing experience.

A few pictures, the one picture of the beach cliff is called Pointe du Hoc. This cliff was scaled by Army Rangers let by Colonel James Rudder (also 16th President of Texas A&M,Texas Land Commissioner and Mayor of Brady, TX)
                  Attached Files

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DEsTK6iV2RA"]Rangers at Pointe du Hoc: The Real Story - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyQw6DAP9v8"]Stories of Pointe du Hoc - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Some much respect for that generation.

Comment

Thank God for all those brave soldiers, sailors and airmen who in reality, saved the world. My uncle (my dad's oldest brother) lost a leg on the beach, but survived... he was one of the lucky ones... Praise God for all the men and women who have served, are serving and will serve this great nation so that we may be free!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Gonna' break out Saving Private Ryan dvd tonight. I know it's just a movie but that sure is a gut wrenching depiction of the landing .
                            Watched this on Memorial day. Hadn't seen in a few years. Such a well done movie.

God Bless those men that stormed that beach and all those who have served.

Comment

Working...
                            X