Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning A-bolt vs X-bolt

What is the difference?

Not much in my opinion. Mounts are different on x bolt and the guns are more sleek and lighter. Actions are near identical.

Comment

Box magazine is metal on the A-bolt. Actions are a close, I prefer the A-bolt over the X-bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A-bolt mas better!! I believe it has a shorter action?? What I mean is the bolt handle doesn't come up as far in order for you to get a bigger scope mounted on there without it getting hit.

I have an Abolt .270 Medallion absolutely love it with the long barrel.

Comment

X bolt is the superior of the two.

1. trigger system a little nicer
          2. composite drop out mag is rotary style with a ridge that holds the rounds in place so they go straight up into the chamber instead of the tip being smashed with recoil. A bolt is metal mag with a leaf spring and stacked alternating cartridge design. Snaps into a floor plate instead of the whole mag coming in and out.
          3. X bolt has 4 screws per base while the a bolt has two
          4. The trigger is easy to use with out having to move your hand or face away before the shot. Your thumb is on it.

Comment

Hands down, A bolt baby ! I sat beefier more durable action. I wouldn’t give up my 2 Browning Stainless Stalker WSM in .270 and .300 for anything other than maybe the same guns in 7mm short mag.

Comment

I have an A Bolt II composite stalker in .300 Win. Mag with the BOSS Muzzle system. My younger brother had the exact same rifle up until around 7 years ago when a burglary turned it into someone else's property.

He replaced that rifle with an X-Bolt and it's nice but he's tried to buy mine from me on multiple occasions. Said he prefers the A-Bolt and having shot his several times, I agree with him. To me the A-Bolt feels better and I'm not saying there's anything at all wrong with the X-Bolt, just my personal preference.

Comment

I think no matter which one you get, you will be happy with it. They are top of the line for factory guns. My next rifle purchase will be one or the other in .308.

Comment

I have never shot an xbolt but my abolt medallion 270 shoots amazing. Got the trigger set at 2.5 pounds and it is just downright deadly

Comment

The Abolt is brownings baseline model. The xbolt is more or less the new gen model with many more variations in caliber, stock options, barrel lengths etc.... The xbolt has the same 60 deg bolt through as the Abolt and more or less the same action I think. Xbolt has 4 screws per scope mount, most xbolt variations come threaded with a muzzle brake and all xbolts come glass bedded front and rear action screws as well as the recoil lug from the factory vs the Abolt I believe may have had the recoil lug bedded. The xbolt has a bolt unlock button to work the bolt while the gun is on safety. The xbolt has a better kick pad and an upgraded trigger system that is very crisp with NO take up. The xbolt models also get much lighter weight than the Abolt medallion. Both are great guns. I had my xbolt out last week and have put maybe 3 or 4 boxes through it. With hornady precision hunter factory ammo I had sub moa groups from 200-800yds easy.

Comment

Have no experience with the a bolt but I love my hells canyon x bolt in 7 mag.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        I think no matter which one you get, you will be happy with it. They are top of the line for factory guns. My next rifle purchase will be one or the other in .308.

This...

I have both & both are fantastic shooters...Browning...enough said

Comment

Love my A bolt in 300 win mag. It is a tack driver!!!

Comment

Thank Y'all guys ill make the decision soon

Comment

I found the comb on the X-Bolt to be much lower than the comb on my A-Bolt II. The A-Bolt fits me very well. The X-Bolt does not.

LWD

Comment

Working...
                              X