Value of 1980 Toyota 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of 1980 Toyota 4x4

A buddy of mine is wanting to sell a 1980 Toyota PU. It's 4x4, pretty decent shape, AC and heat work, standard transmission, 4 cyl., and no idea on mileage since the odometer stopped working at 29K. Anyone have an idea on what this thing is worth?

$1000

Comment

Got any pics ?

Comment

Ive seen them from 1500-8000.
        I have had 2 80 and 81 models. Both were like little tanks.
        I'd imagine a fair price for one that is mechanically sound would be in the 2500-3500 range

Comment

I would think 1500-2500 would be right

Comment

I'd have a fleet of them if they were 1500-2500.

Comment

It's worth $1,500 to me

Comment

Most anything with working ac/heat, 4x4, and mechanically sound will sell for $2K+....

Comment

I see people asking for $7K for an older Toyota with 400K+ miles on it, craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    I see people asking for $7K for an older Toyota with 400K+ miles on it, craziness.
                    Yes it's craziness. Asking and getting are two different things

Comment

I paid $2500 for mine but I think it is mid seventies model. Then I turned around and put $800++ into tires and a couple hundred more into other little parts. I think that it was money well spent. My guess, sight unseen, is bottom price of $2500.

Comment

Realistically? $1500.

TBH classifieds? $12,000. Four posters saying what a good deal it is and seven wishing they had the funds or their "widget" would sell so they could get it. Another 10 posters stating they have the exact same truck and it runs on water, farts rainbows and prints money.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                          Realistically? $1500.

TBH classifieds? $12,000. Four posters saying what a good deal it is and seven wishing they had the funds or their "widget" would sell so they could get it. Another 10 posters stating they have the exact same truck and it runs on water, farts rainbows and prints money.
                          True^^^^

Wish you were closer

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            Realistically? $1500.

Don’t forget the “wish you were closer”

OP, I know of folks back in the day used to praise the old straight axle Toyota’s, I assume this is one of them. I don’t think he would have a hard time getting rid of it and could probably get a decent price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              True^^^^

Wish you were closer
                              Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              Don’t forget the “wish you were closer”

OP, I know of folks back in the day used to praise the old straight axle Toyota’s, I assume this is one of them. I don’t think he would have a hard time getting rid of it and could probably get a decent price for it.
                              Ahh yes. How could I have forgotten the 17 posts for "wish you were closer, free bump".

Comment

Working...
                              X