X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse The Jerk

This is good news!!!!

------------------

Appeals court rejects $1.8M award to Jesse Ventura in 'American Sniper' case
    Published June 13, 2016

MINNEAPOLIS – A federal appeals court on Monday threw out $1.8 million in damages awarded to former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura, who said he was defamed by the late author Chris Kyle in the bestselling book "American Sniper."

The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals also sent a portion of the case -- Ventura's defamation claim -- back to the district court for a new trial, saying Ventura's attorneys made improper remarks and the trial court "clearly abused its discretion in denying a new trial."

Messages left with Ventura, his publicist and his attorney were not immediately returned Monday. An attorney for Kyle's estate had no comment and referred questions to publisher HarperCollins, which said it was reviewing the opinion and had no comment at this time.

Kyle is a former SEAL regarded as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history with 160 confirmed kills. In his book "American Sniper," he wrote a subchapter called "Punching Out Scruff Face" in which he describes decking Ventura at a California bar in 2006 after Ventura made offensive comments about SEALs, including that the SEALs "deserve to lose a few".

I saw that. Just proves.........AGAIN..........that jury's don't always get it right! Glad to see someone else got vindicated thru the appeals process. It takes forever and cost a lot of money but sometimes you gotta set the record straight!

Comment

I read that this morning and personally I was glad to hear it.
      I hope Ventura loses his defamation case as well.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope he continues to lose every aspect of anything doing to do with Kyle's case...the guy is a huge DB & wish his lawyers cooties as well.

Comment

Ventura is off the rails, I don't believe anything he says.

Comment

Real class going after someone's family once they can't defend themselves. I hope he continues to lose. I didn't think he should have won to start out with.

Comment

Working...
            X