In house bow holder???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In house bow holder???

I need to build something that will hold 2 bows and arrows for my house that I can leave by my back door. Was looking for some ideas. Thanks Jason S_l_o_c_U_m

Rubber coated "J" hooks they sell at Home Depot. I put a bunch in my garage on 12" centers and hang all my bows, my hunting pack, etc. Not fancy, but works.

Comment

Thanks

Yeah thats what I was thinking but the GF wants something nicer. Jason Slocum

Comment

Buy a bow rack from Gander or Cabelas......

Comment

1"x4" board with 2" wood dowels. Painted white. Dress it up by routing the edges. Simple and clean.

Comment

i got two bike ( or garden hose) hangers at home depot. it is the biggest one. i hang my whole bow case in the closet. it fits just perfect.

Comment

Old DIY Holder

I made one I found on this forum (although I can't find it on here anymore). You buy some PVC and some 90 degree joints (4 of them). Cut the PVC so you have 6 pieces. Use the joints to form 2 upside down U's with the PVC. Allow the legs of one upside down U to cross the legs of the other's. Then drill a hole through the PVC and attach them with a bolt where they cross. Finally, Either above the cross or below (depending on stability) connect the 2 U's again with a strap or chain of desired length (the length will determine how wide the bow holder will open). It sounds more complicated than it is. It's really simple to make. I'll try and post up a pic of mine later.

Pablo

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                I made one I found on this forum (although I can't find it on here anymore). You buy some PVC and some 90 degree joints (4 of them). Cut the PVC so you have 6 pieces. Use the joints to form 2 upside down U's with the PVC. Allow the legs of one upside down U to cross the legs of the other's. Then drill a hole through the PVC and attach them with a bolt where they cross. Finally, Either above the cross or below (depending on stability) connect the 2 U's again with a strap or chain of desired length (the length will determine how wide the bow holder will open). It sounds more complicated than it is. It's really simple to make. I'll try and post up a pic of mine later.

Pablo
                I built one the same as you are talking about. But I think it is more suited for outside at your shooting area more so than as an inside holder.

Works like a champ outside though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                  I built one the same as you are talking about. But I think it is more suited for outside at your shooting area more so than as an inside holder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	23857645

this is made with 2" pvc. If you plan on walking around with it use 1 1/5". That will reduce weight in half. I also plan on adding a cup holder and couple hooks. Sucks to set the beer on the ground.

Comment

ment to send this pic
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	107_0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	23857646

Comment

good looking stand aggieball. The one I mentioned is longer and folds up. One like yours would work good in the casa.

Comment

x2

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                          I need to build something that will hold 2 bows and arrows for my house that I can leave by my back door. Was looking for some ideas. Thanks Jason S_l_o_c_U_m
                          I am assuming you mean outside?
                          Didn't get a chance to post pics yesterday. Maybe tonight

Comment

another angle?

Can you take a photo or explain better how the bow is sitting on the pvc? Did you cut a groove into the pvc or what? That looks like it might pass the in house test with the lady. Thanks Jason Slocum

Comment

Hope this works.
                              Here is a thread that explains the PVC bow holder... about halfway down the page there is a very detailed outline of instructions.

Comment

Working...
                              X