Residential Fence Costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residential Fence Costs?

I'm looking to extend our fence down the side of our house to add storage space for a Jon boat and whatever other outside items I can move out of my garage. My fence is about 8' wide and I would need another 45-50' in length. I know the big box home improvement stores sell prefabbed panels but with how busy I am with work I was thinking I would likely hire someone (I know this is the DIY section). Does anyone know the approximate cost of a project like this, either per foot or what you would expect to pay total.

Last edited by kae006; 08-19-2015, 03:38 PM.

Should have added that the neighbor wants in on it too and wants to extend hers as well. I think by doing that we would be splitting the length costs in half and would only be individually responsible for the gates we chose.

Comment

$25-30/ft

Comment

I just was quoted 19.25 a foot for 6 inch cedar picket with a 2x6 kickboard. Im in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
          I just was quoted 19.25 a foot for 6 inch cedar picket with a 2x6 kickboard. Im in Houston.

That seems fairly reasonable, what company quoted you? I was thinking I would go to one of the houses still under construction and ask the workers what they would charge.

Comment

I have been doing my own fence. Mine is mostly 8' tall cedar picket, 4x4 post 6' on center with 4 2x4 treated rails and 2x6 kicker and I think I can come in under 15$/ft when all done (about 140 ft). I over built just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              That seems fairly reasonable, what company quoted you? I was thinking I would go to one of the houses still under construction and ask the workers what they would charge.
              Superior Fencing

Comment

Working...
              X