No announcement yet.

1977 silverado fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh whenI look from my comp it seems to be posting most of my pictures twice. Sorry about that I will figure it out before I post more pics.

Comment

Sweet truck!
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Man that has so much potential, I bet it was a beauty off the showroom. Our local fire dept has a red step side like that and it is so sweet, I think it has about 3" of lift. 28,000 is super low for that engine and I bet with the right exhaust it will sound great. The wood bed would be beautiful to if you redo it. Good luck and keep posting pics.

Comment

That is an awesome truck! Keep posting pics! My son turned 16 and we went the jeep Wrangler route......purchased a decent project and have slowly made it 'his'......

Good luck with the build-up.....I bet it turns out great.

Comment

Thats a kick @$$ truck. Will be a sweet ride fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Thanks guys.
              Rbljack thanks for the info on the other forum. I will definitely check into it. Do you have the Sam screen name there? I will probably not use sparkles when I sign up.

Yep, same screen name there. Check it out when you get some time, and enjoy the build! Post lots of pictures as you go.

Comment

Looking forward to the results. My first truck was a 76 Silverado. Wish I still had it. I had Hell finding doors for it that didn't sag and drag or have rust along the bottom.

Comment

Had an 80 with the straight six and three on the tree.... Enjoy the rebuild with her, spark. Nothing like making a memory!

Comment

im always at the local junk yards here in grand prairie bro ,so if u need parts found gimmie a hollar! i love these builds!

Comment

Suprised nobody else has said it yet, but I will, if u ever want to sell it keep me first in line, I love all 5 of my old 4x4s, however, none are as good lookin as the stepside. Great lookin truck, definitely a head turner...what kind of motor is that? A 305 or 350?

Comment

What a great project. Nice truck! Got my daughter a little white Ford Ranger a few years ago to drive to college and back. She's helped me do a lot of work on it. It's a great thing to do with your daughter, and they will always treasure that truck and your time together spent working on it. You're a good dad.

Comment

Originally posted by tiny's taxiderm View Post
                          Suprised nobody else has said it yet, but I will, if u ever want to sell it keep me first in line, I love all 5 of my old 4x4s, however, none are as good lookin as the stepside. Great lookin truck, definitely a head turner...what kind of motor is that? A 305 or 350?
                          350 with cam intake headers.

Headhunter we will have to go pickin one day down there.

Limbwalker thanks I appreciate that. My hopes are while doing this she learn simple little things to get her out of a bind later. Like changing a tire or checking battery connections.
                          Need to hurry and get it on the road though. It's the only stick we own and she's never driven stick besides grandpas tractor dragging the road. She turns 16 in October so that gives me a little time, but we will need to do some practicing with the clutch at the lease between now and then

Comment

Awesome! I'm following this and can't wait to see how it turns out. 4x4 and stick shift on an old truck - what more could you need?

Comment

Makes me want to start searching Craigslist for one to rebuild.

Comment

Definitely a diamond in the rough. I have a soft spot in my heart for old square body Chevys. I'm restoring a 89 k-5. I've got one ton axles and 37's I put in. I have a pretty good knowledge on these, drop a pm if you need anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X