A better mouse trap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A better mouse trap!

This is a mounting stand that's used fir shoulder mounts. The height is adjustable and the head can rotate on three axis.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373415513.990129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	24974088

With a larger animal, it's hard to tighten the lockers enough to keep it from spinning while you work on it.

I saw a different design a few years back. They were being commercially sold and were pretty expensive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373415644.630712.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	24974091

I sent a CAD file to Ol Thumper and he cut the parts for me. I've had them since Nanza and just now took some time to weld it together.

I still need to add some handles to the cranks and paint it.

Awesome! Do you have any mandrels for your lathe to turn exotic handels? (could build em easily if not)

Comment

I thought about turning some out of mesquite but was afraid they'd be too fragile.

You think they'd hold up?

Comment

That looks like a horrible mouse trap.....

Dang nice taxi tool though.

Comment

I know welding with gas ain't your thing, Dale, but you should see how nice my welds are.

I didn't even stick any of the bolts when I welded on the nuts!

Comment

Welding with gas? Like a torch and a coat hanger? WhatchootalkinboutWillis?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Pretty cool contraption Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I'm not that advanced ... I used a Miller wire feed with blanket gas (not sure of the scientific name for it).

I do know, that I WANT one now!

Comment

Shielding gas. That is precisely my thing, or it was back when I used to weld.... I leave the real welding to the real welders, I can do it...but not that well.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I'm totally lost! I don't know what I'm looking at! Better mouse trap?? Doesn't look like a mouse trap to me. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X