Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with on demand hot water heater

Here's the water heater I'm having installed

I want to know how much it costs to run a regular gas water heater with a tank versus an electric with tank versus the one in the link above.

I read that gas are more to buy up front but in the long run cheaper due to lower utility bills. But the Energyguide I found in the unit says it costs $567/year to run. That seems high to me...Is it?

Mine will run on propane BTW

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Mine will run on propane BTW
      For a tankless, you want gas not electric.

Comment

Rinnai have a lot of problems. I have replaced the electronics in quite a few.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Love ours. We replaced two 55 gal has water heaters with one of those and it ONLY comes on when you want hot water. You do need to flush it with white vinegar to keep the lines clean. I do mine every couple of years.
          Last edited by BO-N-ARO; 05-02-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I have the Rinnai RUR98e at my house.

It’s the only gas appliance I have, and my gas bill is about $30/mo on avg. In a 2.5 bath house with family of 4.

I love it thus far. I’ve only had it a few months, but we were already running out or 50 gallon water heater when we took successive showers.

Comment

I’d say tankless are definitely cheaper to operate overall, but I went from an electric tank heater to a gas tankless, so don’t really know the difference.

If you are really concerned with gas consumption, step up to one of the condensing models.

Comment

Working...
              X