1977 silverado fix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC-Monster70 View Post
    Why not register it as a classic? Then you don't need an inspection sticker.

Uh
    I have no idea, I think I'll do that.
    Thanks

Comment

Cannot wait to see some more pics, reminds me of my first truck

Comment

My two favorite trucks were the 1967 and 1978 Chevy Stepside 4x4. Dream someday is to restore one.

Comment

For all your old interior parts that need restoring and for the plastic over the gauge cluster use the product called wipe new, you can get it at Walmart and it is truly magnificent... Sweet truck.. I got a 1972 K/5 Blazer I need to restore

Comment

Woah! I just came up on this thread!

Sparkles, what's the good word on the truck? It's been almost a year!

Comment

1977 silverado fix up

I'm currently waiting for Ca to send me a replacement title. Turns out my dad never filed release of lean in 1980 and had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get that.
              I have B52 kit and shackle flip ordered which will get me 4" of lift. All new bushings, body mounts and motor mounts are in hand. As soon as I get title back I'm dropping it off at an interior shop for the seat.
              Holding off on 1 ton gear for now. I'll throw a couple lockers in it and see what happens
              I hope to have it street legal and reliable by spring turkey

Life just keeps getting in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Sparkles; 01-21-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                I'm currently waiting for Ca to send me a replacement title. Turns out my dad never filed release of lean in 1980 and had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get that.
                I have B52 kit and shackle flip ordered which will get me 4" of lift. All new bushings, body mounts and motor mounts are in hand. As soon as I get title back I'm dropping it off at an interior shop for the seat.
                Holding off on 1 ton gear for now. I'll throw a couple lockers in it and see what happens

Great plan! I had the same issue with a truck I bought when I was stationed in San Diego, waiting on their DMV is about as bad as it can get! I totally understand life getting in the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post

I need a kick in the butt to get my 86 on the road. All it needs is tags and inspection(which it'll pass) but I want to rebuild the front end first.

Comment

What a sweet truck

Comment

1977 silverado fix up

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      What a sweet truck

Thanks
                      Started chipping away at door panels this weekend. Replaced all rubber around the doors and operable windows.
                      Ordered most of the knick knacks I needed to finish interior up. Even a replacement dash pad.
                      Decided I can't stand that cover thing I put over it. Just does not hug everything as tight as I'd like it to

Last edited by Sparkles; 01-31-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Whats the status on this truck. I'm ready to see some finished pictures!

Comment

Cool truck! Errabody should own one

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                            Whats the status on this truck. I'm ready to see some finished pictures!
                            I'm gonna have to go over there and give em a good swift kick in da........

Comment

Sold it

Comment

Just kidding
                                It's staying well protected in garage
                                I need to create some time to finish it
                                I'm on the home stretch

Still

Comment

Working...