Slim Jims or Beef Sticks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim Jims or Beef Sticks...

Any of you tried to make these, and if so, any pointers. Gonna try about 25 lbs in a few weeks just using a recipe from Butcher and Packer Supply...

I've made them before and its no different than making regular sausage. Just a little more time consuming because of the smaller case's. I added chopped up jalapeno's and some cheese to mine and everybody seemed to love them. Good luck!

Comment

We have been happy with this recipe.
      Ken Sparks, a fellow forum member on the Texas BBQ forum has a killer recipe for Venison Hot Sticks that I thought some of you might like to...

Comment

thanks...

Comment

water the meat down so that it stuffs easy

Comment

go with around 20% fat for sticks if you're going to dry them. You'll end up with a drier product that wont be mealy. Any spice you use for sausage you can use in this. However I like to spice up my snack sticks!

Comment

cubed pepper jack cheese is the ticket.

Comment

Meat Sticks..

Bought a kit from Butcher and Packer Supply that would do 25 lbs. and all the stuff you needed. Order the spicier blend. Followed the direction to the t and added jalep and high heat cheddar cheese.. Worked great. So no i have a base and know what i want to add to the next batch... We did 175 lbs. total in the smokehouse. Seven different couples each doing 25 lbs. each.. what a weekend.
                Attached Files

Comment

hey, don't you want to see my pics????

Comment

Working...
                  X