Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 chicken fried steaks in Texas. According to Texans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/WOEats/videos/841884012655144/

10. Scotty's soul food and BBQ. Midland

9. Skeets Texas grill. Abilene

8. Ellen's Southern kitchen and bar. Dallas

7. Pappys cafe. Houston.

6. Miller's seawall grill. Galveston

5. Horseshoe Hill Cafe. Forth Worth.

4. Moonshine patio bar and grill. Austin.

3. Zentner's daughter steakhouse. San Angelo

2. Richter's antler cafe. Spring Branch

1. Mary's cafe. Strawn

Thoughts? Would you change the order? Add someone better?
    Pappys on I10 in west houston is legit.. I've eaten there several times

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
      Really? I'll have to try it next weekend. This one was a huge surprise to see
      It's almost worth the trip down there by itself. Fishing there isn't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
        Get'n hongry just reading this...
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
          Chicken fried Elk at Steiner Steak House northwest of Austin on FM 620 is pretty dad gum good!!
          I've been there but didn't have that.. my boss lives right down the street, we might need to have a "meeting" next time I'm in town!

Comment

I'm surprised Zentner's made the top 10 much less #3. I haven't been to near all the places on the list but have had #1 and #4. Zentner's isn't in that class. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
              No doubt!!! Mel's chicken fried chicken breast is awesome too!!

Goodson's makes a great CFS too, but back when Ma Goodson ran the kitchen many years ago it was THE BEST.
              When Goodson's was in that old building in Hufsmith, it was one fine steak! I ose to eat there all the time. I think it was Ron Stone who showed it on tv when he hosted "Eyes of Texas" or something like that. I went there after that and the place was so busy you couldn't get in the door. I ask one of the cooks what was going on and she told me "it has been busy like this every since it was shown on tv".

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                I would have thought Goodsons Cafe would make the list
                It's gone downhill over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                  I have never been to any on the list, but in my universe, I like Bill and Rosas in D'hanis tx.
                  Yes sir. I will drive out of my way to eat there. Best I have ever had. A "Bills Cheesy" comes with gravy, bacon, and cheese. Man it's good

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    Yeah I work in Conroe, live in Montgomery and have no clue but would like to know where you are talking about. You better not say Leroy's either
                    He's gone MIA. Sent him a PM. He hasn't responded here or to the PM. Systemnt, boooo!!!

Comment

Really? I'll have to try it next weekend. This one was a huge surprise to see

I've never had the CFS there, but the food, the wait and the service has been terrible every time I've been to Crab Trap. My cousins husband used to be a co-owner and I still wouldn't eat there. I used to really like Stingrays food, but it closed. The new place isn't bad though. I'm only about 10 minutes away, so I usually just head home to eat.

Comment

As others have said for greater Houston. Mel's and goodsons both in Tomball but goodsons isn't as good as it used to be but still rides that reputation.....the original hickory hollow in Houston beats goodsons (now anyway, goodsons used to be the best around) in my opinion but it's been a long time since I've been there. Not sure if it's still good. Surprised it's name hasn't come up with so many people from houston
                        I'd have to agree on the Hickory Hollow being good too...

Back in the day when Goodson's had a front door and a back door in Huffsmith, they had a serious cfs. Today, their food is about 1 level above fast food... Haven't eaten there in a while, but when my office was in Tomball, when I did eat there, I usually got the catfish... it was always better than the cfs...

Comment

Murphy's in Winchester use to be the best. Haven't ate there in a long time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

From what understand is that the original owner sold it to his son some years ago. He now owns the San Houston Steak house that is on the beltway. I went there the first time and it was ok, but not great.

Goodsons was great a long time ago. It's just ok now.

Comment

The original Hickory Hollow was great.

Comment

Love me some Scottys soul food.

Comment

Working...
                                X