Who'd a ever thought it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Go read the actual lesson plan here. Kids are to learn muslim prayers and speak them.

From their website.

ACCESS ISLAM is a production of the LAB@Thirteen, Thirteen/WNET's Educational and Community Outreach department. Marsha Drummond, Director; Ronald Thorpe, Vice President and Director of Education.

Funding for ACCESS ISLAM is provided by the U.S. Department of Education. Major funding for RELIGION & ETHICS NEWSWEEKLY is provided by the Lilly Endowment, with additional funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and Mutual of America Life Insurance Company.

That's wrong and should be challenged in court

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      To answer xbow ( only seen his post because of a quote)

No they do not mention any other religion at their school because I pay them for their Christian content. I will teach them about other religions when they come to me with questions. I will not sugar coat islam like it would be in any public school or college setting

As long as your children don't go to a public school, then I'm OK with that.

My personal feelings however differ from yours in this aspect. I don't believe you're doing your children a justice by limiting their education to Christian private schools and your definition of other religions.

Well informed, educated people have many, many sources from which to learn from. Limiting the scope of those resources leads to a less educated person.

That's my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I agree with your first statement. Religion is key to history, but they should not teach anything about religion that strays from a historical scope.

I agree

Comment

Working...
        X