Houston traffic advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston traffic advice

If headed to IAH, from the west (290) should one stay on beltway 8 ? Or take 99 ?

Sorry
    I'll be arriving by 8am to IAH

Comment

99 to HTR is the safest bet. Traffic shouldn't be too bad on that stretch of 8 though. I would just give myself 20-30 minutes extra. In case some jerk decides to have a wreck. ��

Comment

Thanks dt

Comment

Thought you needed strategic advice: be somewhat aggressive and ready to either punch it or brake hard to get into the lane you need.\\

Far as specifics, Google it.

Comment

I'd stay on Beltway 8, but try to arrive an hour before you think you need to.

Comment

Thanks guys
              Shortest route is definitely 8 but
              a friend told me to stay off 8.
              Guess I'll get an early start.

Comment

I make that route at 8am 3 days a week. Youre looking at 35 minutes on 99 to hardy. On the belt.....First stop will be around veterans toll plaza, almost limit speed till ella or 45 then stop again at hardy, open you up to JFK exit. Roughly an hour later you'll see the airport.

If it was Wednesday Id say you could follow me, people tend to change lanes in front of me

Comment

Download WAZE, it will tell you the quickest route given current traffic conditions.

Comment

In my experience, once you exit 290 onto 99 going east, it's about 25 minutes to the Hardy Toll Road exit and another 15 or so down to the IAH exit. I personally wouldn't mess with 290 south of 99 on a weekday morning.

Comment

Traffic will bunch up at the Beltway and then again at 249 and Hardy Toll road.

I would give yourself an extra hour in case of a wreck. I drive that almost every single day.

Comment

Spend the night close to airport lol

Comment

I took 99 leaving IAH instead of 8 and it took me nearly 2 hours to get to BPS in Katy.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                            Download WAZE, it will tell you the quickest route given current traffic conditions.
                            This.

Comment

Working...
                            X