CPAP Cleaner System - YES/NO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPAP Cleaner System - YES/NO?

I have some FSA money and have found a couple CPAP cleaning systems.

Anyone have one? Are they worth the money?

Daniel

I have the SoClean
    Honestly don't know if it does what it says but everything smells clean and sanitized when I put on the mask.
    I'd buy it again if it stopped working today.

Comment

No weird smells? Just Clean?

Comment

Not "weird" just smells clean to me.

Comment

Good Deal

Comment

how much do they cost?

Comment

I think most of these cleaners just pump ozone thru it so in theory you could just hook your Ozonics up to it. [emoji3]

Seriously. I’ve wondered about these cleaners too. Since ozone will deteriorate many plastics over time does anyone have experience with it eating the hose and mask or not over time?

Comment

SoClean is well woth it......👍

Smells like ozone when you first put on the mask, but, the smell quickly dissipates. Zero issues with rhinitis since i began using it.

BTW, loooooooong time lurker, member since January, and this is my first post....(I think)
                I've sure enjoyed reading the many varied topics on this site... learned a lil here and there too. 😉
                Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-16-2019, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                  Smells like ozone when you first put on the mask, but, the smell quickly dissipates. Zero issues with rhinitis since i began using it.

BTW, loooooooong time lurker, member since January, and this is my first post....(I think)
                  I've sure enjoyed reading the many varied topics on this site... learned a lil here and there too. 😉
                  Welcome to the Fire Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                    how much do they cost?

The SoClean 2 is $319 on the FSA Store site. I had a coupon for $60 off so I just picked one up.

Comment

I don't have one of these systems. Mine is pretty easy to clean. Take it apart and clean it in a sink or bowl full of warm soapy water. The humidifier tank requires the most attention. It can get pretty gross if not cleaned regular. Mine comes apart for easy cleaning, but the wifes doesn't, therefore it gets replaced at least twice a year. I have a spare tank but haven't used it yet. hoses are pretty cheap and get cleaned, and still replaced regular.

CPAP.com is the best place I have found to get filters, masks and machine parts. Cheaper for me to get them there instead of whoever the insurance company uses. I like the deal they have if you want to try a new mask, you can pay extra for insurance, and if you don't like it you can send it back for a refund. They are located somewhere near Houston I think, shipments arrive within 2 days.

Comment

My machine is so old, it is not listed on any of the cleaners lists.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
                          Welcome to the Fire Brother!
                          Thank you Brother Patterson....👍

Comment

I don't use one. Since I don't use water in my machine I figure my chance of bacteria growing are way too low for me to worry about it.

Comment

I too worry about the ozone degrading the plastics and rubber seals and such. I just periodically put about a quarter teaspoonful of Clorox in my water and turn on the unit so it blows the chlorine through the tubing and mouthpiece for several minutes. I then rinse everything well and add fresh water. Smells clean afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X