Almost needed rescued tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost needed rescued tonight.

I decide I'm tired and going home. I saw a set of eyes by the feeder so I sneak up on it. It saw my light and left. I'm going to guess it's that coon that's been shot at a couple times.

I cross the soft area that's the run off from the tank and go another 10 yds. Get set and click the light on. Nothing I turn and scan below the tank dam and there's a Coyote running in my direction. He stops short and cuts east. He was 15 yds from me. I couldn't see him cause of the grass. I start trying to lip squeak him in. I see his a 3rd time. Settle the crosshairs and he takes off. I scan around the pond and see 3 more sets of eyes. I'd been listening to the dogs in the area raising a ruckus.

I decide to go check on my feeder. I kept thinking I heard it running wide open, it it was insects. It wasn't running.
    About the time I get to the feeder something slaps behind me, almost like 2 boards being slapped together or wood bring dropped on concrete. Scared the snot outta me. I turn east to head to the truck and I see eyes south of me. Couldn't ID it. Almost pickled off a round out of fear. I start 3alking and thinking on that sound. Maybe my cell phone fell out if my pocket, nope. Maybe my new scope, nope. I do a gear check. I've got everything.
    My mind starts playing the pack of coyotes is gonna get you LOOK OUT there they are. It's a bush. I get a grip on myself and keep heading to the truck. About that time a scare a covey of birds.

So the moral of the story is.
    I'm a big wus :-)

Surely I can't be the only one who's survived a similar terrifyingly terrifying situation....

Hahaha the mind is a dangerous thing!! That’s why we use thermals now. Nothing can magically or randomly sneak up on us

Comment

Did you see the size of that chicken . Sounds like you were in the spirit world [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        So the moral of the story is.
        ...moderation or just say 'no'.

Comment

You shouldn't be smoking that stuff while hunting!

Comment

I've been surrounded by coyotes. It's no joke when you become the hunted. Seeing them close in on you from every direction will get your blood pressure going. I don't know if they were really stalking you or just there to hunt your feeder. Either way I'm sure it was scary for ya.

Comment

Been there done that. I got chased by a bunch of midgets. Not to offend any shorties out here but they are fearless. I really don't have time to tell you the whole story need to mow.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Felt more scared in a Kroger parking lot than I ever have in the brush.

Jumping unseen big boars out of their beds will give me a rush however.
                You would totally wear yourself out with thermals.

Comment

Comment

smack was probably a beaver in the pond

used to have a boar hog that would hang out by my stand, he liked to growl and snap about the time i started up the tree.
                    i could make 6' up in half a second

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      [emoji16][emoji848]

Lol
                      Which one are you Smart :-)

Do you have the Unicorn one?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        [emoji16][emoji848]

Lol
                        Which one are you Smart :-)

Do you have the Unicorn one?

I'm merely a fan of PB2's Benny Hill Show..

Comment

Had a stand off one time with a skunk in the dark. If it’s bright enough I don’t typically use a light when walking to the stand. I was walking down the ranch road saw him coming right at me, I couldn’t tell what it was at first. It got 10 ft from me and started barking at me. Scared the **** out of me dang near. I shined a light on him and realized it was a skunk. I remember thinking please don’t spray me, please don’t spray me! He finally let me have the road and went on his way but he had me shaking for a bit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            Did you see the size of that chicken . Sounds like you were in the spirit world [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Peyoti must be ripe down there, lol.

Comment

Mind games.

Comment

Working...
                              X